organic outdoor autos

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

youngbud

Reaction score
I was wondering what the approximate percent of the maximum yield I should expect to see using really well cared for organic soil and companion/cover plants for auto flowering strains outdoors?
I'm going to go ahead and assume that some strains are bred to be better suited than others for the outdoors but I'm mostly worried about stealth so I'm very attracted to the 12-30 in. plants like blue himalaya and auto assassin.
Anyway I'm just trying to draw out a plan for my garden and I was wondering what kind of yield I should expect per plant so I know how many I need to keep myself and the lady smiling until the next ones finish.

That is a really tough question to answer, as there are different phenos within the strains. It also depends on the time of year planted. I have seen HBDs produce up to 45g, dried, outdoors. But I have seen another HBD grown in the same soil, under the same conditions, produce 7g, dry, due to variance in the strain. Also the gardening method can effect your yield.

Good luck bro.

HomieHogleg

Thanks man, I appreciate the input. I'll just plan for 50% yields and if we get the better growing phenos then we'll be excited.

youngbud said:
Thanks man, I appreciate the input. I'll just plan for 50% yields and if we get the better growing phenos then we'll be excited.

I don't understand these statements--"I was wondering what the approximate percent of the maximum yield I should expect to see..." and this one "I'll just plan for 50% yields..." :confused: I'm confused, doesn't make sense...percentage of the maximum yield?....50% of what?

I wouldn't expect a whole lot out of autos planted outside this time of year. Autos generally do better indoors where you can provide 20 hours of light a day. We are on waning days now and if you not even started them yet, a mid October harvest is probably about the best you could hope for.

Homie--what does HBD stand for?

The Hemp Goddess said:
I don't understand these statements--"I was wondering what the approximate percent of the maximum yield I should expect to see..." and this one "I'll just plan for 50% yields..." :confused: I'm confused, doesn't make sense...percentage of the maximum yield?....50% of what?

I wouldn't expect a whole lot out of autos planted outside this time of year. Autos generally do better indoors where you can provide 20 hours of light a day. We are on waning days now and if you not even started them yet, a mid October harvest is probably about the best you could hope for.

Homie--what does HBD stand for?

HBD is Himilaya Blue Diesel, a strain of autoflower from shortstuff seeds.

HomieHogleg

Oh, thanks--I know what Himalayan Blue Diesel is. I guess I just never saw it referred to as "HBD". My buddy grew some of that....

The Hemp Goddess said:

I'm talking about the yield per plant on the breeder websites. I really just want to know how many plants it would take to produce at least 6 oz so I can draw out some plans for a raised bed with companion plants.

The Hemp Goddess said:

I have read that autos tend to have a long tap root so I was curious, since most people grow them indoors where root growth is usually restricted, how they would do with unrestricted root growth outside. I understand that the light isn't the best for them so I figured that would stunt them a bit; but, I was hoping that somebody had already tried this and could tell me how it went. Plus I just plain don't want to set up an indoor garden. Where I live that's an easier way to get busted than a small, low key, backyard garden.

Anyway, I'm still in the beginning of the planning phase. I have a few books to read about organic gardening specific to my region with planting times for various flowers and crops and a lot of soil prepping to do before I put any beans in the ground.

Latest posts

Back