ghetto hash 101

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i dunno what i am doing wrong, i mix up my trimmings with the ice for 15 mins, then let it sit, then strain the trimmings out, let sit again, then strain the rest thru my coffee filter, and wait till all the water is drained thru, and then i put it on the towel to dry it a little, but im getting no clumps or anything, but my coffee filter is so sticky? i jus dont know what im doing wrong?? any advice

load3dic3 said:
i dunno what i am doing wrong, i mix up my trimmings with the ice for 15 mins, then let it sit, then strain the trimmings out, let sit again, then strain the rest thru my coffee filter, and wait till all the water is drained thru, and then i put it on the towel to dry it a little, but im getting no clumps or anything, but my coffee filter is so sticky? i jus dont know what im doing wrong?? any advice

How much trimmings did you use, was it just the stuff you got off your one plant?

I started out just like the OP, using coffee filters as a secondary screen. Worked pretty good, but I ended up with a bit of filter material in my hash. I then changed my method, cheaply and I used a piece of satin fabric, as a secondary filter, instead of the coffee filter. It works great, and is strong enough for you to squeeze a lot of the water out of your hash ball. The rest of the excess moisture can be worked out by rolling in your hand or between your fingers.
I also use a permanent coffee filter, as a vegetive, or primary filter. This gets out any vegetative matter that sinks.

HomieHogleg

P.S. I hope this doesn;t step on the OPs toes. That was not my intent

Thanks for sharing the topic. If you are facing any problem , then you can contact to to your nearer agricultural center.This is the best way you can do to get quick result.

I was wondering if any of you have tried Bubble Bags, specifically Bubble Bag Dude bubble bags. They are 60 bucks for the 8 bag 5 gal kit on ebay, while the originators of the Bubble Bag at bubblebagxcom sell it for $320! So if any of you have tried the Bubble Bag Dude please let me know your results and if it's worth it.

Thanks!

mrj567 said:
I was wondering if any of you have tried Bubble Bags, specifically Bubble Bag Dude bubble bags. They are 60 bucks for the 8 bag 5 gal kit on ebay, while the originators of the Bubble Bag at bubblebagxcom sell it for $320! So if any of you have tried the Bubble Bag Dude please let me know your results and if it's worth it.

Thanks!

i have not used them myself.. but i do know a few people that have bought "no name" bags off ebay for cheap

they work yes.. but ya just have to be a lil more gental with em and they do wear out alot faster then the originals but for that price one can by many sets b4 they hit the 320 of the originals..

LH

I have purchased 3 sets off E-Bay. The first set was great. The second set from someone else was not. These were both 1 gal bags. I went back to the first vendor again and got a set of 5 gal bags. I will see if I can find the vendor I got the good set from.

I have also found that I do not need or use all the bags. I just use 3 bags now--the first bag that the trim goes in which is a 220 micron and then a 150 micron and either a 75 or 45 micron bag. The 25 micron bag just takes forever to drain and I am not as happy with the hash--I think there are too many immature trichs.

I do love my bubble hash though. I had to laugh one day I was sharing with a friend and he remarked how good it was. He said, "This is great! You can sure tell someone didn't make this up in their kitchen." To be technical, I didn't make it up in my kitchen--I find it much easier to make it in the bathroom where I can hang the bags from the shower valve.

mrj567 said:

Thanks!

I got my bubble bags when it was 7 bags.. paid 200$$ made enough bubble to make it great invesment..i only keep the hash from the last two bags .. and then i get friends that show up with all their shake and we have hash making partys.. thats always fun and my friends usually kick me back some hash for using the bags.. i dont expect anything for the use.. but its nice... so for me breaking down and scraping up the money for a good set of bags is worth it.. i dont know how many times those bags and my shake got me thru till my next grow... :)

Thanks to all for their input, it is very helpful. I think I'm gonna go with the Bubble Bag Dude ones I mentioned earlier. Thanks THG for recommending only 3 bags, saving me some money!

Do yall usually mix by hand or with a blender?

That's a great idea multifarious, easy concept but I know I wouldn't have thought of it!

I don't mix by hand. If I am making a small batch with 1 gal bags, I use an Osterizer--a large mixer. If I am making a big batch with 5 gal bags, I use a paint mixer on a drill motor.

LOL--Well, that commercial was certainly made for the guys. And yeah, the smell of canned meat was everywhere. I don't need any spam with my hash, thank you.

HGB said:
heating and rolling wont change the quality of your hash and is not needed...

hash/keif is just that.... change'n the form doesn't change how good the hash is... if I was to have just ran this all thru my herb grinder it would smoke just the same:)

I'm not sure if this will apply, but heating the hash here could maybe 'decarb' some of the thc-a into thc. This really wouldn't matter if you were smoking it, but if you were to try cooking with this the best thing is usually to heat it with a fat - decarbing in the process. It's the reason just eating this stuff by itself wouldn't get you buzzed.

And I think pressing it releases some of the oily/resinous tric-y goodness. Also just makes it easier to dose - cutting or breaking off chunks of a slab rather than eyeballing a powder.

Also.... 3 pound limit for hash/kief?!:eek:
I need to relocate.

Latest posts

Back