To all the Auto Haters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nobody is gonna win here yall....... we all love our MJ....... let every grower be free to choose what is best for them....... I'm just thankful we even gotta place like this where we can talk and learn the best ways to grow mj no matter which seeds a grower decides to greminate.

Peace yall...... and together we stand divided we fall.

dman1234 said:
IMO, Autos are a waste of time.

hahahaha would you like to elaborate on that comment?

i see valid points on both sides. there for i'll have to remain neutral in this "haters" argument. i will say this though, this thread has had more post in one night than the entire auto section has in a month:rolleyes:

Let me get this straight Doc.....you put THG on blast and come with some Dog Farts about her maybe not knowing how to grow autos and that is why the bud was not great? More Dog Farts about Russian Rocket Fuel being better then the Kush near you....if that is the case then the Kush must be hurtin.
I hve grown RRF, SnowRyder, White Dwarf, and a handful of other auto strains....matter of fact Autos was all I grew for quite awhile.

Now here comes the part where you think we are bashing Autos but in reality I am just gonna be honest.

In my opinion:
Best auto smoke I hve had has been about a B,B+ in comparison to regular photo period plants.

As for autos being harder or different to grow and that is why some growers get bad results.....no that is Dog Farts as well....IMO autos require less of a skill set to grow. You don't hve to worry about a dark period and light leaks and you don't hve to worry about cloning....takes a lot less skills to get a favorOrable outcome in my book.

I find it funny you call the truth hating. I have and will always point out to growers seeking a quick turnaround that autos are not the only game in town....that is not gonna stop. If anything I will be even more vocal now.
Give me a fast finishing Dank mom and clones any day and everyday over autos.
Sorry if this post seems rude but in my opinion you were nothing short of rude to THG and Hick.

I love autos. I got a tiny space I can cram with skinny pots filled with autos and get nice production. Living in DC, my electric bill hits 350-400+ without growing. So I can LED grow them no problem cause of light height, and not use many watts, and not jack my bill up any higher.
I talk to some on here who use big light setups and they have bills under 200.

I just enjoy smoking aspect, thus any lack of potency means nothing. I dont want a couple hits, I want my bud to be something I can sit back and relax to, just puffing along. And since I only toke occasionally (havent in 2 weeks), Im sure my auto hits me harder than a reg strain hits a junkie that puffs 24/7.

SPEARCHUCKER loves auto's and LED's :shocked: :shocked:

Dr.Autoflower said:
You dont see where the discouragements coming from? Ive see ppl asking questions about autos and 4 to 5 ppl jumpin saying autos are a waste of time, rip offs and they need to get a 2 room setup with clones mother plants.

I went back and read over the last 10 threads or so in the Auto Section and believe that you are blowing things way out of proportion. New growers have been given information. No where did anyone say not to grow autos. This was the most "hateful" thing I could find that I said, and it was in direct response to a question from jesuse. http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=56188 "Yes I have and no they are not. I have smoked a lot of different strains of autos as one of my best friends is doing autos--Lowryder, White Dwarf, RRF, etc. I am switching him to regs on his next grow. Hope this doesn't sound too harsh, but if you are not getting better quality/quantity out of your reg strains, something is wrong." I am not the one who suggested that Lowryder and White Dwarf were potent autos. And as for you suggesting that I am not capable or knowledgeable enough to grow autos, well....:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: (and that's all I have to say about that).

I think you need to link us up with the threads where people were asking questions about autos and "4 to 5 ppl jumpin saying autos are a waste of time, rip offs and they need to get a 2 room setup with clones mother plants." You have made a mountain out of a molehill, you have called people trying to help "haters", and, IMO, created drama where none existed. We are just trying to give everyone the best information that we can. There is a niche for autos, but many people truly would be better off growing photo strains (summer heat and a 20/4 light schedule come to mind this time of year). They deserve to know why the very experienced growers on here believe that clones may be a better way to go.

Growdude said:
SPEARCHUCKER loves auto's and LED's :shocked: :shocked:
And,,, I believe he called me a junkie. :doh:

This has been an interesting debate although it got a little personal when it didn't have to. I laughed really hard a couple of times, dman and others. I have no dog in this fight. After reading a couple of books i had decided auto's weren't for me so i haven't paid any attention to auto talk. I have a hard time thinking Hick and THG were as described.

I say everyone needs to smoke something and peace out ya'll. I love this place.

Rosebud said:
I say everyone needs to smoke something and peace out ya'll. I love this place.

Good idea Rose but I will hve to wait till I am done piloting this big brown truck around town before I get to enjoy a nice Smoke and a Pancake.:)

rosebud said:
And,,, I believe he called me a junkie. :doh:
I seen that too...got my needle prepd with the honey oil :eek:
eh don't let that clemson fan get your hair riled...it's not his fault It's all that Orange and purple and sitting at a stadium called "death valley" :rofl:
(just picking on ya Spearchucker ;) )

Hick said:
Please show me where I said this?.. I 'have' said they are less desirable "IMO", and have provided a reasonable option for "most" people.
Just because I'm not on the "auto" band wagon, doesn't mean I'm discouraging ppl from growing them. I just don't to promote them as a 'best' option for 'most' ppl.
I'm allowed to give my opinion still, right?.. I'm not trying to be mean, or discourage anyone from growing.

"one" mother/donor and one or two clones vegged, will keep # minimal and provide quality yield..:eek:nfused2:...
Im not saying you are the one swaying ppl away from auto. This is the jist of what im seeing in these comments. and mabey THG is right that im blowing this outta porportion a lil but it really rubbed me the wrong way for some reason.
here a link to a question asked about balcony growing http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=56798
autos are perfect for balcany growing if you dont want a huge plant everyone can see and more than 1 harvest a year. but this grower got a bunch of comments saying how much better photos are but no one says y they are better for balcony grows or they disavatages of it....

If you guys arent autflower hater, then what should i call it? autoflower dislikers, autoflower dissagreers, cannabis conservitives or what?

Dr.Autoflower said:
If you guys arent autflower hater, then what should i call it? autoflower dislikers, autoflower dissagreers, cannabis conservitives or what?

Truth Speakers

Hey you piped in and gave it a suggestion. :aok: didn't hear me sound a peep. I think you misunderstood. Many of us tried em, decided to not use them and have totally put them out of our minds. Plus many of us were growing way before they even came about. Prior to the internet I was in the woods with seeds someone gave me from Canada all I knew then was dig a hole plop some chicken crap and top soil in a hole. Water on dry spells.

Yes they are great in greenhouses and outdoor due to the no requirement of photo period. Of course that makes sense. I never said that doesn't but he was indoor and using supplemental lighting. "Florida room" grow.

Plus keeping oneself in stock varies. no one ever says how much they toke LOL Everybody I know tokes...and tokes a lot. I just told him how much it takes me to keep myself in toke. Many newbs have high expectations.

Dr. Autoflower said:
cannabis conservitives
works for me and here is why.
My final rip on autos is they don't inbreed down well at all IME (mutants, depression, etc.). So outcrossing would have to be a must but then risk having non photo-periodic phenotypes. (have fun with that catastrophe of a light timing situation) So like femd seeds your stuck buying over and over. To me that's throwing money in the compost heap. As well as choking gene pools. No room for creativity.

I much rather get solid backed genetics that outcross/inbreed well and has as much pheno variation as possible. Plus I've had some rare phenos jump up that just had insane amount of vigor. You miss all that fun with autos.

I'm not saying that growing Autos doesn't produce pheno variation. but nothing as wild as a reg strain outcrossed.

What else is cool...I don't have to buy seed if I'm making it for free ;)

Dr.Autoflower said:
I think every grower shld know the facts...that is it. No hating...I hve two auto grows in my signature and I hve done a cpl more.
Like I said they were all I grew for awhile. I thought they were the only way to get a quick harvest. Then my eyes were opened to the beauty of Moms and running from clone. Quickly found out I cld match the speed of autos with the dankness of 12-12 strains, and as has been pointed out I get to run my Hot, power hungry HID lighting for only 12 hours a day to get that dankness....unlike when I grew autos and ran my lights for 20-4 or even 24-0. Not to mention I don't pay for beans, don't hve to worry about males and know exactly what kind of smoke I am going to get...Fire.

If after hearing those facts a grower wants to pursue autos then god bless. I will help anyway I can. Autos fill a valuable space for some...like my friend Spear.:)

No hate here brosef...but I can't in good conscience not let newer growers in on the facts.

well there hamster i will admit there a lack of potency for many autos But there are potent ones and those are the one i stick up for, All so i think you guys are forgetting the new super autos hazes that can finnally be grown outdoors in non tropical climates that are only 5% ruderalis. just like photos got more potent autos are doing the same. I dont know bout you guys, but im stoned hard on some russian rocket fuel right now,makes me not want to move. this is sum strong nightime dank and i sleep like a baby every night and the high cbd content helps more with anti inflamtion in my back. Mabey im just a really good auto grower and everyone where i live are sh*tty photo growers. All i know is ppl beg me to sell them sum but i dont sell.

Latest posts

Back