Alien Dream Grow 2014

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Weekly Update

Things are moving along here, we had a set back with the broad mites and we are taking care of that. We are using something called Ultimate Water to battle the mites. Seems to be working as the new growth is coming out without the tell tale curl in the leaf. We believe the Widow only infected one of the girls but they are all getting sprayed. This stuff is new, I hope it is not hokum. It seems to be flying off the shelves at the hydro store. So get this, it is Electricly Charged water along with something else. I know, it sounds strange. The only thing is, you must spray/store it below 90 degrees. It seems to be doing something, as I said above, the new growth is coming out without the sign of the broad mites leave.

We have replaced the Widow with a Sensi Star and a Larry OG.

The plants along the back fence, Blue Dream, seem to be growing fastest. Two went to flower and two didnt. The fastest growing is seen below, it put on 11 inches in 8 days. Yes, 4u, I am measuring weekly growth again. Maybe we can get a tallest outdoor plant thread going.

1. The garden seen through the new truck.
2. The youngsters, smaller is the Sensi Star, larger, Larry OG.
3. Long view, Alien forward, Blue Dream back line.
4. Tallest plant, put on the 11 inches in 8 days. Blue Dream.
5. Sign of reveg. Note the three leaf new growth and the leaves close together. Hopefully it will branch everywhere it shows a new leaf.

The littlest plant put on 4 inches in 8 days and the rest fell in between. The back row is overall the tallest, even the reveg plants.

First day of summer is close and this Friday, not only a full moon but Friday the thirteenth. That won't happen again until 2046 or there about. I can pretty much say this will be my last full moon Friday the thirteenth in my lifetime. Party on Dudes!

View attachment 6:11:14 1.jpg

View attachment 6:11:14 2.jpg

View attachment 6:11:14 3.jpg

View attachment 6:11:14 4.jpg

View attachment 6:11:14 5.jpg

Nice plants tcbud, really healthy looking.

party on dude is right, i am with you there TC. Plants looking great. I used charged water before for spider mites, it worked.... I hope you never have another broad mite as long as you live.

Black sugar rose no way rose your freaking me out with your foolish ness lol lol your funny that made my day 888

Sure are one of the most best looking plants i have seen in a long while even tho <you did it your way> you certainly got the so called green thumb i got to watch what you have to say you have taught me a bunch already thanks for the info,i did'nt no you could do your plants like you did.i guess you learn something everyday,thats why i love it here its a world of no how.888

Weekly Update!

Here we go....

1. The top of the Flower Bomb, she is so typical Indica, short stalky and wide wide leaves. She is coming out of flower nicely, tho only growing three inches in this last week.
2. This is the Suger Black Rose, she looks pretty dang Sativa to me, she was NOT listed as being that much sativa as I remember...but then my memory....what was I saying?
3. This is the new Sensi Star, bought at a Dispensary and does not have spider mites when I got her (right), she is getting her share of Ultimate Wash anyway.
4. The Alien Dream that is putting on 6-7 inches a week.
5. The smallest girl in the garden has a boys name, Larry OG! Also from a dispensary.

The plants (some) are really looking strange, the ones coming out of flower are throwing one and three leaves, I even saw a two leave out there. I just dont get it, why some and not all, why any going into flower, we never had the plants at 24 hours, only 14 which is exactly what it is when they go out....whine...okay, I will never know. I am only gonna say one more thing, DANG PLANTS that go into flower before their time outdoors.

Have a good week all and be safe out there over this fine INDEPENDENCE DAY! I know Americans go overboard, but dang, again, PARTY ON DUDE. Just stay safe and sound.

View attachment 6:27:14 a.jpg

View attachment 6:27:14 b.jpg

View attachment 6:27:14 c.jpg

View attachment 6:27:14 d.jpg

View attachment 6:27:14 e.jpg

Okay, what is up with THREE Stars here? This is a FIVE star grow! I mean really people!

:smoke1:

Well i took care of one.. Someone said they thought spammers gave bad ratings, but i don' think they count... weird... i need to go check my stars.

I was wondering about the single leaves. I don't remember you having those before.. IF Black sugar rose is a very speedy sativa, i am changing my name! LOL

Rose, I wonder myself about the sativa. Will it be in the ground long enough to get close to finish? Ten weeks will prolly be it for her. We will take her last for sure. And as for the stars.....thank you. The last couple grows I had here I did not have any. Oh vanity!

The single leaves come from the reveg process. Just the plant readjusting. They will throw deformed curled leaves too. At every spot there would have been a calix form, a branch forms instead. Kinda like a branch next to a pre-flower. Get really bushy plants with the reveg process. I have I think four or five that did not flower. The tallest one is one and the sativa too. Next time I will show the bushyness of reflower plants. If you look behind pic #1, you can see the Alien OG that are revegged.

revegging is not pretty, you got that right. They look like plants from outer space.
Have yours started blooming? I don't think i have.

Very nice plants indeed look like they are almost perfection someday i hope to have a green thumb like you thats for sure good job. 888 GOOD JOB ROSE!!!!!!!!!!

Hey yo 888, thanks for the complements! Get that green thumb by growin. grow anything, nurture it, feed it, watch it a lot, and keep em safe from critters, and low the thumb turns green...

Rose, I'm with you thinking they look weird. Hope all is well in your world.

The one thing goin on right now out there is Heatwave. Got to be 108 if it is a degree,I think higher myself. One girl has taken to some of it's leaves just shriveling up and getting crackling dry. Tried putting up an umbrella, and it was too windy. Just got word it is clouding up and the plant is doing well. Dang hot weather for this holiday weekend. Hope you all stay safe.

108?????? with wind, holy crap that is hot this early!!! We are getting hot here too.... Good luck TC.. My outdoor probably had to deal with 105 last year but they are shaded a lot, maybe too much... WoW.... You will make it though, your grows have inspired me since i got here... you have too. hugs.

Made it through the 4th here, now it is gonna be two days of triple digits. I am taking a quick trip, and hope the person in charge of the girls does as he is asked. Just hate leaving for more than one night this time of year. The plants need water each day due to the heat.

That is a tasty tip for you all reading this. When very hot and dry, "water every three days" or till they start drying out is OUT if you are outdoor in containers. If you wait till they are dry, you risk loosing a lot of leaves. So, when temps go up, water more, if temps fall, you can lay off a little. I water every day when it gets into the 90f's. The husband sneaks out and waters more sometimes.

Have a good day folks and hey, be nice to each other, here and elsewhere. Look at me telling others how to act here....Rose, I dont envy you your job.

Weekly Update, or not so Weekly

1. Flower Bomb, showing her true color as an Indica, short and bushy.

2. Two Blue Dream, a week or more ago.

3. Then the rain came. A view from my desk.

4. We had been BBQing. We had one of those "Cell" type storm pass over us.

5. Storm Damage, not much considering the amount of water coming down. We lost a few branches from the Alien OG.

6. The Blue Dream after we netted them after the storm.

As you can see rain in torrents can damage plants. We/Mr Tc mostly, got the tarps up in time for the second deluge. Otherwise I believe the damage would have been worse. We survived with minimal damage IMO. All of the garden is now in netting. I highly recommend the style of netting we bought. It has 5 inch (maybe 4 inch) squares and 7 foot x 325 feet long, very light and at $100 it was one of the best investments we have made in the garden since Smart Pots. We will be using this roll for a few years. IF it works, lol, IF it works as I think it will.

We are having some health issues here, so, the reason for the lag in the Weekly Update. With the onset of soon flowering we are excited and cant wait to see who puts on those first pistel clusters first! I will be taking over the watering for a few weeks as the Mr. Tc is getting a rotator cuff fixed tomorrow. I think I can handle watering the girls and taking care of him, I am a mother you know. :farm:

Hope all of your summer days are fine and bright. On With the Show!

View attachment 01.jpg

View attachment 02.jpg

View attachment 03.jpg

View attachment 06.jpg

View attachment 04.jpg

View attachment 05.jpg

Wow, you have had some changes out there. Sorry about the shoulder surgery for the mr. That looks great the way you have them all netted up now. Must have been some rain. What size smart pots are you using TC? I have some 10 gallon ones i won't use, i could send them to you. My couple are in the ground this year after watering constantly last year.

I too am waited with baited breath to see for sure when flowering start. Your grow looks stunning as always. Take care of you so you can take care of everyone else. hugs.

Thank you Rose. Always nice to see you here. I thank you for the offer of the smart pots, but His Highness will be starting to switch out the old 45 Gallon pots to larger ones this next year. Thank you truly for thinking of us. The rain was awesome, but the downside is the lightning. The North State gained three pretty big fires due to that monsoon activity. The weather is more of the same today/tomorrow here and East of the Valley. I sure hope the rain damps down those fire areas. National Guard landed yesterday to help. To them and to the US Government, I say thankee Si.

And now.... on with the show....

Weekly Update

Hope to get this back on track for you all.

The sun has been cooking out here on the ranch, and the nights have stayed around 60f. Great conditions for growing the reefer. Cloud cover today and tomorrow will give them a nice break of triple digit heat we have had. I think some have grown 12 inches since we netted them. Of course they are in the stretch now and growing like weeds...yes I said weeds.

1. The Indica, Flower Bomb in the foreground. With the tallest Blue Dream in the corner.

2. An Alien OG, stretching to the sky.

3. The Larry OG, Both OG are Cali Connection. This one looks like it is closest to flower.

4. Alien OG in the foreground and the Sativa Dom Sugar Black Rose in the corner.

5. This years first of August second story View of the garden.

6. Last years second story View of the garden. I like to keep track of how it looks before the girls start to flower and compare years.

It is very satisfying to have the plants as big/tall as they are this year. I am almost positive we will be continuing with seeds over clones. So far I have not seen a hermi in the bunch, and I have tried to be observant.

I hope all you outdoor growers are doing your thing in peace and good weather.
Peace out.

View attachment 02.jpg

View attachment 03.jpg

View attachment 04.jpg

View attachment 05.jpg

View attachment 01.jpg

View attachment 06.jpg

Latest posts

Back