Bongo's BOMB Newb Grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sounds like a great plan, you just upped your harvest by decreasing plant count, congrats, I know that's the hardest thing to do, I used to try and find a discreet location and just plant it and leave it, aka sacrificing it to the gods. Someone will run across it and find a lost treasure! Well that was when I first started growing and wasted plants, now I just kill em and I sleep just fine, kind of morbid I know, lol!

I didn't mean to discourage you from using the Roots, just want to make sure you understand that organic means organic. Kind of like being pregnant--you cannot be "kinda organic".

Fox Farm nutes are not organic, so you will need to be checking your pH. Also start out with a low dose of nutrients when you first start feeding.

I didn't mean to discourage you from using the Roots, just want to make sure you understand that organic means organic. Kind of like being pregnant--you cannot be "kinda organic".

Fox Farm nutes are not organic, so you will need to be checking your pH. Also start out with a low dose of nutrients when you first start feeding.

You did not discourage me THG. The roots was available locally and I bought it knowing that my better half can use it for her tomatoes. Then I kept reading and decided on Fox Farms for the first grow. Besides, I liked the pictures of the Fox, the tomato and I really liked the tiger.

Thanks for the tip on checking the ph with non organic nutes. :aok: I'll do it.:)

Every one of the plants look great and are just about ready to develope another set of leaves. The AK 47 plants are just a little smaller.

They all look great even though half of them are still in the waist cans. The other half in kegger cups. The are all equally big.

The kegger cups are further away from the light. I can only lower the lights to an inch above the oscillating fan. The ones in the garbage cans are 12" or so away from 8 t5 lights, The kegger cup a little further. Its 82 degrees in the tent. PH is 65.

See Ya and thanks :farm:

Any plants that are smaller need to be set on something so that they are at the same height as the larger plants. If not, the bigger ones closr to the light will continue to get bigger and shade the others. You want to try and keep an even canopy all the time. I would turn off 4 of the T5s. You do not need all 8 tubes lit yet.

Will do THG. My smaller fans were delivered today along with a humidity gauge. The Fox Farms nutes came too but I won't use those for 2-1/2 weeks yet and only 1/2 strength for the 1st few times.

When the cotyledons yellow and fall of is when I usually start food unless I am in super soil. And then I would start at 1/4 strength. It is easy to give a plant more food, but overfeeding can kill them.

I think my plants need more light. The stalks are skinny and it seems they won't support the leaves. I got smaller fans and I was able to lower the t5's to within 4" or so from the plant tops, but I am still on 4 t5s. I think i should also turn on the other 4.

The leaves are over an inch long or so. They are growing fast but the stalks are skinny.

The distance between the internodes (branches), tells you if they are stretching for the light. Skinny stems means they don't have enough air movement to need to be strong.. If your fan is gently moving your plants, they will strengthen their stems. If there is no wind, there is no need.

The distance between the internodes (branches), tells you if they are stretching for the light. Skinny stems means they don't have enough air movement to need to be strong.. If your fan is gently moving your plants, they will strengthen their stems. If there is no wind, there is no need.

I have good air movement.

Get the light close. I have a 4' 4 tube T5 and do not get stretch. If they are stretching, it is most likely because the light is too far away, not because there is not enough of it, especially since the plants are small.

This is also another reason that we do not want to transplant too early. When you transplant, you can bury the stem up to the leaves if you have some initial stretch. Make sure you have a fan gently blowing on them.

Wait till they pop, then put your floros the standard 2-4 inches. Up to an inch or so once theyre a week old. Just dont let them touch. My opinion😊

They are now approximately 2 to 3 inches from the lights and all 8 lights are on. I watered yesterday. No water today. 78 degrees and 31% humidity. The plants look great and all are on their 2nd set of leaves.

THG, :ciao: I am assuming the ROOTS nutes will be easier to work with than the non organic Fox products due to the fact, er "assumption" that the organic nutes will hold the PH at steadier levels.? :cool2::watchplant:

Yes that's correct bong o! I know I'm not THG, but I can answer that one! Lol

Yes that's correct bong o! I know I'm not THG, but I can answer that one! Lol

Thanks brother. I'm gonna use the roots and set the Fox Farms aside for the next time when I have more experience. No sense making it harder the 1st time. :guitar::farm:

I also wanted to mention I regret transplanting from the kegger cups too early. :eek: I'll never do that again. Even though, everything still looks good so far. :farm:

I use FF nutes an have good success as long as you follow the DIRECTIONS!! it is potent if used to strong of a dose, so just start off say 1/4 of a dose and work your way up to the dosage that you need, your plants will tell you if they need more or less an its always easier to add then it is to take away..Green MOJO to you an the ladies...BtL

My plants are 16 days old now. Do I transplant the remainder of them in 3 gallon pots now or wait a bit longer?

They all look strong and are on their 3rd tier of leaves. Overall about 3" tall and look much better since I lowered the lights to within 3" or so and turned all 8 bulbs on.

Latest posts

Back