Why are my buds light and airy instead of thick and full? HELP!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

raddstar

Reaction score
this is the first time that I have grown indoors and I found my buds to be light and airy instead of full and thick as my plants were in the summer. What am I doing wrong??? Please all advice welcome

Dunno had some buds that were like that they were very good!

Yo Ho Ho N,

Sadly, the reason is simply not enough lumens. Lots of us have done this too so don't feel like your special. My first indoor grow was so bad, I almost said forget it all. However, a few benevolent souls here came to my rescue, and pointed out my goof.

I have since then explored LED's, CFL's, HPS is what you need for flowering. The other lights are usually great for the vegging part, but you really need the serious light of an HPS to kick them buds into high gear and grow thick and heavy.

smoke in peace
KK:cool:

I also find that sativa bud tends to be more airy and indica more dense..dont know if that has anythign to do with it or if you are growing a different strain now or the same one..I was sad when I compared my dense pk to my more airy bubblegum grown under the same light (the sun)..

raddstar said:
this is the first time that I have grown indoors and I found my buds to be light and airy instead of full and thick as my plants were in the summer. What am I doing wrong??? Please all advice welcome

Why don't you break down your grow for us...strain, soil/hydro, lights, nutes etc....

Most likely it is lack of lumens but it cld be a hvy or full sativa strain you are growing...their buds are usually light and airy...

Just wanted to throw in a but.....you can grow dense dank buds with cfl's.

DSCI1732.JPG

Sweet and slow burning! Was raised to stick with ur guns!

the chef said:
Just wanted to throw in a but.....you can grow dense dank buds with cfl's.

chef stop showin off your buds like that...you think you can just whip that lethal weapon out like that...geez:)

flaboy88 said:
i sure do love me some dank slow burning bud.. sensi star has never ceased to amaze me when packin a bowl how long it burns for.. :bong2:

Me and the wife are smoking Sensi Star x Chemdog d....I love this smoke....perfect blend of head/body high for me...

Hamster Lewis said:
Me and the wife are smoking Sensi Star x Chemdog d....I love this smoke....perfect blend of head/body high for me...

that stuff looks quite delicious.. i saw some pics of that sexy thing in your journal.. nice buds

chef are you all cfl? i have alot of hps systems but i have a couple boxes around the house that would do good with cfl's in there but i have never grown with them before and am uncertain if i can turn out a good crop with them. In a confined space i would think that would be when cfl's would maximize their potential right? I have a couple 2x2x2 and one 3x3x3 and i was honestly thinking of sticking maybe 150-200 watts in each if i could. Do you think this would be a good idea?

Every grow journal i've done to date since july of 09 has been with cfl's from start to finish! Ryder that will work! Had a diy veg box i built when i started that was around those demensions, the thing is good vent and a good fan in the right place!

mmm i will have to read through all your journals tonight :), what exactly is overkill with those size boxes talking cfl i mean with right ventillation of course thats no problem. I don't know why i have always liked to over kill everything when it comes to lighting :confused:

Dunno dictated how many bulbs by heat. Had up to 8 27 watters at one time. Good fer veg and a great starter box fer auto's but that's about it. Sometimes i wonder if you can actually have too much light.....on the third day he said let there be light,....and he saw that this was goooooooood!

the chef said:
Dunno dictated how many bulbs by heat. Had up to 8 27 watters at one time. Good fer veg and a great starter box fer auto's but that's about it. Sometimes i wonder if you can actually have too much light.....on the third day he said let there be light,....and he saw that this was goooooooood!

On the 4th he said let there be rock!!!!:holysheep::D:hubba:

Latest posts

Back