Sealed Rooms

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In rooms that tight, I bet you don't have to smoke anything on trimming days. A couple hours of trimming and breathing the vapors and you come out toasty :)

Yup, that's exactly what I said. I'm not one on stretching the truth either. The way my grow is designed that is what happens. Instead of sealing a veg/ flower room, I sealed the building the very best it could be sealed. Framing was sealed to slab and once dried in it was spray foam insulated with 3 inches worth of sound deadening flame retardant sealant in the walls / ceiling. It's not completely air tight but pretty close. Also I trim just prior to lights on so the whole time I am trimming the plants are in the dark cycle and are not using CO2. My entire grow space is less than 1200 sq feet so it simply does not take but a couple of hours of me working in there to get the CO2 levels really high. In hind sight it would be nice to build an addition to the grow shed and that would be my work space, since I only have a 4' x 11' space to trim. That will come in time, and will also give me one more door between the grow and the outside. I also run a 2 ton mini split and it just covers it, I really need to go to a 2.5 ton or 3 ton....also had to add a second dehum.Peace
Hey Kraven, maybe I'm just really high but, my space is approximately 400 sq ft; 20 x 20. If yours is 1200 sq ft; 20 x 60, then 2 5 ton a/c units would be necessary.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yea I agree Duck, I was so concerned about getting it all good and sealed so I would not waste CO2. Some time this year hopefully I'm gonna add an addition and that will no longer be an issue.

I meant to say cubic foot Umbra, I run at 1242 cubic foot and the 2 ton is rated for 1200 cubic feet. My space is 11x14 divided into three areas, a 4x9 flower room and a 4x5 veg / rez room and then a open space for trimming and work. All in all pretty tight and with 8 foot ceilings. Funny thing is even when the temps fall to the mid 20's...three days last week I never tuned the heat on so when the time comes to replace it I'll go from a 24000 btu to 30000 btu AC only and get just a bit better cooling and no need for any heat so it will be cheaper for more A/C.

Latest posts

Back