Growing Marijuana Forum

Bud of the Month: Squish by Umbra
Go Back   Marijuana Growing Forum > Marijuana Seeds > Marijuana Strain Questions & Reviews
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Search New Posts Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-19-2017, 11:48 AM   #1
samarta

samarta samarta samarta samarta samarta samarta samarta samarta samarta samarta samarta
Question Og ?

I haven't been on in awhile, but rely on this forum. When a strain says OG this or OG that - what does the OG stand for. I got a feminized freebee called Blackberry OG. When I went back to look it up because I did not know if it was indica or sativa and could not even find it on the site's quick look up feature.
samarta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 12:49 PM   #2
Rosebud
Organic dirt farmer

Rosebud Rosebud Rosebud Rosebud Rosebud Rosebud Rosebud Rosebud Rosebud Rosebud Rosebud

Who knows for sure what og means. I have heard it means ocean grown and lot of other things. Blackberry:https://www.leafly.com/hybrid/blackberr

Everyone you meet is fighting a battle you know nothing about. Be kind, always.

2016 Grow:http://www.marijuanapassion.com/foru...ad.php?t=73244

Rick Simpson oil done with Everclear thread: http://www.marijuanapassion.com/foru...ad.php?t=66245
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 11:33 PM   #3
Hamster Lewis
Furry Moderator

Hamster Lewis Hamster Lewis Hamster Lewis Hamster Lewis Hamster Lewis Hamster Lewis Hamster Lewis Hamster Lewis Hamster Lewis Hamster Lewis Hamster Lewis

I subscribe to it being Ocean Grown. jmo

In the beginning, man created god...

Science can fly you to the moon...religion flies you into buildings

BHC#1313 VHC#69 TGC#135
Hamster Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 04:21 PM   #4
The Hemp Goddess
Granny Mod

The Hemp Goddess The Hemp Goddess The Hemp Goddess The Hemp Goddess The Hemp Goddess The Hemp Goddess The Hemp Goddess The Hemp Goddess The Hemp Goddess The Hemp Goddess The Hemp Goddess

Basically it is simply a name given to a certain strain. There are different stories about what it stands for...but pretty much it doesn't matter what it originally stood for. I just think of it as the name given to a strain, like C99 or AK47.

The Blueberry OG is most likely a cross between Blueberry and some kind of OG. It could have been some kind of experimental cross the seedbank made...which is why it might not be a regular on their site and you couldn't find it.
The Hemp Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 10:37 AM   #5
samarta

samarta samarta samarta samarta samarta samarta samarta samarta samarta samarta samarta

Thanks! It took several days to pop, so we'll see??
samarta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 03:49 PM   #6
The Hemp Goddess
Granny Mod

The Hemp Goddess The Hemp Goddess The Hemp Goddess The Hemp Goddess The Hemp Goddess The Hemp Goddess The Hemp Goddess The Hemp Goddess The Hemp Goddess The Hemp Goddess The Hemp Goddess

If seed are sown directly into the dirt, it generally takes a few days to pop. So, sounds like so far, so good.
The Hemp Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 04:48 AM   #7
Delta999

Delta999

haha not too many black people around here huh?

samarta OG is 'urban slang'. It stands for 'original gangster' or 'old guy' depending but basically refers to something original or 'old skool'. Hope that helps

“When life is sweet, say thank you and celebrate. And when life is bitter, say thank you and grow.”
― Shauna Niequist
Delta999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 08:13 PM   #8
umbra

umbra umbra umbra umbra umbra umbra umbra umbra umbra umbra umbra

when my sons found out I was a grower, they laughed. I told them, I was OG. They laughed and said, you mean Old Geeser.
Old 03-30-2017, 10:33 PM   #9
screwdriver
Cleanest Member

screwdriver screwdriver screwdriver screwdriver screwdriver screwdriver screwdriver screwdriver screwdriver screwdriver screwdriver

My thought was
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...dmaFt90rQiFfTA
screwdriver is offline   Reply With Quote