Consensus on flower times

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pussum

Reaction score
I was just wondering what the general consensus on how long to wait before putting your plants into flower was. I have two batches going, but I want to wait to put them into flower so I can do it at the same time. The first batch is about a week and a half ahead of the other batch. I know it isn't going to hurt the plants to be in veg for so long, but I just wanted to know about how long everyone else keeps their stuff in veg before they start to flower.

Thanks for the info!

yeah dude, i`d like to know the same, i`ve also got 2 strains on the go that were started a week apart, but the size difference is unbeleivable.
how long, or is there a minimum amount of time until flower?
or does it depend on the plant and alt nodes etc?:cool:

the ones that are ahead can be "pinched" (cut off the top 1/3 or more to keep it at the same hight as the batch that is behind) for those of you that are not doing this should be doing it to all your plans you will get a better yield.
as for the ones that are behind just pinch off the top 1/4. good rule of thumb is 3 full nodes down. make sure that you have atleast 4 or 5 nodes left (4 or 5 branches-colas instead of only 1) when i pinch mine i have anywhere from 4-7 nodes left on the plant

i thought it was 1-2months before ppl started flowering , so far that's what ive read on here

that all depends on the setup
I know some people that dont even veg they go right into bloom and grow 18" plants
I veg anywhere from 2-4 weeks all strains are different and will fill up the space faster than others. then again i grow with alot of power

i`m at 4 weeks now man, only one i could even consider for flower right now! how much power dude?:eek:

weird shii innit ive only got the 1 ready to flower so id have to wait another month if im lucky to startthe other 5 off , its weird my first one i started grew up faster than me lol & the babies are still baby looking after two weeks i dont get it at all

yeah for sure, it all depends on strain, growing conditions etc. but it`s always different.:) :guitar: :cool:

shuggy4105 said:
i`m at 4 weeks now man, only one i could even consider for flower right now! how much power dude?:eek:
6kw HPS, 1kw ventilation system (2000 CFM) and Co2 at 1500 ppm

it doesn't depend on the setup.... it depends on the plants... if they are sexually mature enough to flower... if they are starting to show alternating nodes then they are ready for flower... which is about 4-6 weeks into vegg they should be ready... minimum of 4 weeks though... my 2 cents

emptypackofcigs said:
it doesn't depend on the setup.... it depends on the plants... if they are sexually mature enough to flower... if they are starting to show alternating nodes then they are ready for flower... which is about 4-6 weeks into vegg they should be ready... minimum of 4 weeks though... my 2 cents
for the record it does matter on the set up.
some one running a floro grow with minimal to no ventilation (a good pecentage of people on this forum) will be growing the same strain alot longer than some one growing on 1000 watt hps's with high flow ventilation or even Co2 venting.
or if your growing from seed or clone.

yes your right about that... but sexual maturation doesn't matter if it takes 2 weeks to sexually mature then none of us would wait a month... sexual maturation is anywere from 4-6 weeks after sprout

Latest posts

Back