My first every grow journal!!!MICRO 12/12 from seedlings!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sexologist420

Sexologist since age 13
Reaction score
Yo, my seeds sprouted and are doing good!!! the two biggest already have 4 leaves!!!!the other 3 are just poking out. Im growing some bagseed...shwag from texas:( However this is a learning experience and I will be growing some Lowryder#2 x Auto AK-47 next. I know bag seed is mainly sativa..specially mexican brick shwag. I dont like the weed at all...but ive read alot of threads about some bagseed turning into some dank stuff when grown right. It will definitly be interesting with my tiny space...but after reading some micro logs I believe it is doable specially if the LST technique is applied. I plan on doing the spiral one...where you tigh it to the pot all around the pot. My grow space is about 1.8x1.8.1.8 its a tiny cube cabinet on the bottom of an entertainment center...Stealth is key...nosy roomie during college:fid: . It sux cuz I grew up in AK where its 100% legal to grow bud(can have up to 24 plants:watchplant: And can have up to an ounce for personal use WITH NO FINES/JAIL TIME/ or NOTHING...only state to be so. Sry off topic but I love ak and miss it so dam much. Most amazing place on the planet. ANYWAYS back to me log...I moved to texas after I graduated so I could go to college and play football. No colleges in AK have football :sad: havnt had the chance to grow till now...I have wanted to grow since I was 12 so....Now im doing it...I was intimidated for along time at trying to do a grow in such a small space...but Im confident I can get er done now after reading so many success stories. I have dont ALOT of reading and research and Im confident I have a very good setup for the space allowed to me. KK now u know my life story. Now to the specifics of me grow log :clap:

-Grow space demensions= 1.8x1.8x1.8 cabinet cube
-Lights= 3x 2600 lumins cfl's 4x watts cant remember exactly. 2.7k spectrum.
-Plant strain= mexican brick shwag seeds
-Soil= Miracle grow moisture control/vermiculite/perlite. About a 60/20/20 mix
-Ventilation= 2x small pc fans for intake 1x 4" personal fan from walmart($5) for outtake and another exactly the same to cool lights/blow over plants as wind substitute.
-Smell control= Nothing yet..but will be ez to setup. I have a little rubbermaid tub over my outtake to prevent light leakage and it is a simple matter of putting a carbon filter over the fan in the tub. Also plan on getting ozone generator if smell gets to bad.
-Ferts= None yet...but I plan on getting fish emulsions as my main fertilizer. I also will be giving it mollases when it starts to flower throughout the entire flowering.
-Couple things to readers:
I know alot of people disagree with MG...but I have read some posts that say it is good and pm'd a guy on this site...forgot his name but thats all he uses and hes a mod. I have grown lots of plants...lillies/roses/hydrangas/corn/peppers...list could keep going...and MG moisture control is the best soil i have ever came across for this. MJ is still a plant...I just think people try and overanalize things and do wht everyone else does...which is good cuz it gurantees success. However I have had amazing results with miracle grow with everyother thing and If it will grow roses good I know it will grow MJ good...MJ is a weed after all..hehe.

Things I need advice on(Ill take advice on anything you see I could improve on...these are just things I can think of that I need help with)

-LST techniques...any advice on this? using twist ties with holes in the pots good technique?
-WATERING( this is big) I have read alot of newbs mess there grow up by improper watering...I soaked my plants tonight till water started to come out bottom. How often should I water from now on? the pots are small..prolly 4 cups worth of soil.
-What size pots should I transplant them into for my final stretch? I cant have vertical height much higher then 1 ft...maybe 2-3 inches vertical. Have plenty width..as im only flowering 1 plant.
-how many out of the 5 should I keep till they show sex? I was thinking 4..keeping them in the pots they are in to show sex? I have noticed most of these type grows show there sex in about 3 weeks. and are like 4-6" high. Will they be fine in the small pots I started em in till they flower? I dont wanna just do 1-2 and end up being males
-VERY IMPORTANT- When should I start LST? I need these to be as SHORT as possible.
-Thats about it...dont gotta worry bout ferts till flowering cuz MG has **** already in it.

I am open to any and all suggestions. Just remember I am working with about the smallest space ive seen on here. If I end up with more then 1 female I will prolly keep 1 in a small pot and flower it out for a cute lil tiny bud hehe.

Heres some pics.
-1st is grow my grow cube with pots in there...got books keeping plants 2-3 inches away from lights so they dont stretch
-2nd and 3rd are of my exaust looking from inside my growcubby and outside looking into the rubbermaid tub.
-4th,5th,6th,7th,8th MY BABIES!!!! The bigger ones are BRIGHT green!!
-9th my space covered up like normal....No way your gonna know im growing bud hehe
-10th My pit bruno, best dog in the world.

Well This is the start of my growlog...will be updating often with pics:watchplant:

Till then, Thx for peeping my Journal and look forward to hearing your feedback!!!!

seedlings 010.jpg

Random pictures 095.jpg

Random pictures 094.jpg

seedlings 001.jpg

seedlings 002.jpg

seedlings 004.jpg

seedlings 007.jpg

seedlings 008.jpg

Random pictures 100.jpg

Random pictures 103.jpg

K, Ive decided to go with a sog type grow. However since I dont have the space for a mother plant I am just going to do it by starting them on 12/12 from seeds. I will keep the plants I got now and keep w/e females I get. I am going to get some fem seeds...not sure which variety yet...Imma shop around and I will probably get on monday or so. I transplanted the seedlings to small 16 oz party cups. These will be my sog pots. I plan on planting 15-20 more seeds that I order. I also will be adding some more cfl's I believe...prolly 3 more 2600 lumins for a total of 15k for about 3sq feet. My temps are real good, they are staying at 70-75. I have real good circulation in there. My intake PC fans got to loud so I shut them off. Even w/o them running and just with the passive intake its nice and cool. I will be buying another small $5 walmart fan like the 2 I got to put outside my growbox blowing through 1 of those intake holes to create more circulation. Specially since imma be doing a sog xtreme and circ is very important so no mold. I have already had some people tell me "You cant do that, It wont work" well imma make it work* Ive seen it work with more pots. Heres some pics of the transplanted seeds. There all bright green...there liking the MG moisture control and perlite/Vermiculite mix. 60/20/20 Gimme your feedback!! critizism is welcome. Dont be shy!!!I dont wanna be only one posting in my log

Thx for peeping my log
Lata

seedlings 011-1.jpg

seedlings 012.jpg

Add more light if you got the cash freely available to make them uber bushy, 1.8x1.8 is what? a little over 3 sq feet? -- that calls for about 15,000 lumens-- your running about 7,800 currently correct? I'd say your about 70-100 watts shy of maximum photosynthesis. Do you have any reflective material within your grow box??

I feel this will be a fantastic micro grow, i have this feeling it's going to yield some spectacular results!

Cute dog by the way :) *punches the ever last bag playfully*.

if you want too add a little more light but don't want to spend too much, pick up one of these bad boyz here: http://www.1000bulbs.com/85-Watt-Compact-Fluorescents/9182/ That will add another 4,200 lumens to your 7,800, should be a good 12k lumens then, that's prob close enough to your lumen goal without having to worry about heat so much--

screw that sucker right into the middle of your fixture if you want, or add another socket some where and mount it in the box :)

built a new grow chamber out of a 20 gallon rubbermaid So i could keep in my closet. This WILL eventually be a mother chamber or for lowryder. I will be building my main chamber out of 2 30 gallon rubbermaid tubs. Plants are doing good. They have really taken off since i switched to 12/12 Heres some pics.

seedlings 014.jpg

seedlings 020.jpg

seedlings 016.jpg

seedlings 015.jpg

Wow.. This was like reading a book :D
Good story dude... Sorry but what's AK? I'm not American.. not familiar :D
I grow in a pretty tight grow space myself and am interested to see how others are doing in micro grow rooms... I think what you have as lights and pots at the moment is fine... Pots shouldn't be bigger than a gallon if you wanna grow them only one foot.. And the ones I see look Just about right :D
If you wanna flower just one female I say keep all five till flowering and see how many girls you get... Bagseed can often be hermie too... so hope to have a couple of ladies...
I don't know much myself but it seems a little early to switch on 12/12 yet... I'd let them grow a little longer... Anyway if you've already started the 12/12 cycle don't switch back on 24/7 to avoid stressing your ladies...
I'll keep an eye on your Grow Box.. Have fun!

Interesting stuff. I'll be keeping my eye on this one. Thanks. BTW Niki AK=Alaska - a state in the USA.

Wow thanks guys!! I really appresiate you stopping by:) I just found out I might be getting som ereal gg seeds from a friend:woohoo: Some real good chron but he wont tell me strains!:cry: says it will be suprise and I wont be dissapointed:yay: . Since its my 21st birthday on SEP 2ND BABY OOOOOOOOOOYAAAAAAAAAAAAA :lama:

Pce and will update in a week or so

Good Luck with your grow Sexoligist How old r your plant's now?
Mine are 2 days old after sprouting, I shall be following ur grow and wish u the best of luck :)

hey great thread bro i got a good feeling bout ur grow. and u should throw some mylar up in there if u can afford it its really worth it. and also one think i might suggest think of building a little tray to put in the box and just plant all ur plants in the tray it will give u more height to grow in allowing your plants to get bigger and would let the roots spread out farther. just a thought

These pics were taking on 8-25-08.
Thx all you guys for your support and posts...It means alot and plz feel free to post any advice or feedback you have. My plants I believe are showing sex. I am not sure on any specifics yet and I broke my lcd screen on my digi camera so I cant see pic im taking and I cant get a clear close up shot :mad: So I cant show what im talking bout. Its lil shoots coming up where branches branch off from main stem. I dont see hairs...I dont know hwo to describe it really....They all seem to have it except the real small one so hopefully its a good sign. I have 2 small plants...2 BIG plants and 2 medium ones. I thought the bigger ones would be male but I think I see some hairs coming up out of the top...not sure could be small leaves rolled up or w/e. I think I got 2 strains or phenos...all these seeds came from about 8 oz of bud spaced over a year or so...I buy ounces at a time so all diff batches. Anyways, 5 of em seem to be the same strain..s.ame spicey smell and I have one that has fatter leaves and more of an indica look which SMELLS...it dont smell out of the box but its only 3 inches tall and it smells skunky....this plants gonna stink lmao :eek: So I think I got 2 different kinds of bud here :lama: Anyways...thx for reading this long *** post and I will be updating with more pics in a week every week.

Pce

seedlings 024.jpg

seedlings 025.jpg

How old are they a bout 2 weeks? they are a bit small for 2 weeks but i guess thats why we call it micro growing haha, they are healthy so keep it up bro

akirahz said:
How old are they a bout 2 weeks? they are a bit small for 2 weeks but i guess thats why we call it micro growing haha, they are healthy so keep it up bro

Ya I planted them on the 10th and they broke the surface a few days later. Ya I dont think they are liking the MG soil...why there so small...I bought some organic compost today at walmart and after there all 100% sexed I will be transplanting the females to bigger pots with 1/3 mix of compost/vermiculite/perlite with a few TB each of Bone meal/corn meal/ground flaxseed. Not sure which nutes imma get...gonna have to go to lowes and just look around and see what I want...Im definitly gona be using fish emulsions and mollases with every water. Thinking about going with FoxFarm nutes since so many people do so good with them. Id like to use teas but I dont got anywhere to brew it.
Will it be ok to wash the MG soil off there roots when I xplant? Will it hurt them?

Thx yall
Pce

Yeah gently wash off the soil with water (sink/bathtub), let the water break up the soil rather then pulling the clumps off, just try and save as many roots as you can, the less roots you break the less stress :) --

What is the NPK value of your mg soil?

it looks to me that they are light deficient, if they were closer or had more light they'd probably get bigger real fast

akirahz said:
Yeah gently wash off the soil with water (sink/bathtub), let the water break up the soil rather then pulling the clumps off, just try and save as many roots as you can, the less roots you break the less stress :) --

What is the NPK value of your mg soil?

it looks to me that they are light deficient, if they were closer or had more light they'd probably get bigger real fast

Not sure on the NPK...dont have the bag of soil nemore. Its MG Moisture Control. MG products seem to have ALOT of nitrogen. I dont think there light deficient cuz the person i based my grow on uses 2 30 gallon rubermaid tubs flipped on eachother and grows 5 plants in 2 gallon pots in them with 4 42 watt cfls and has the best cfl grows Ive seen. Yeilds over 100 grams. Ionno hopefully the show there sex soon so I can get em transplanted. Im pretty sure an experienced person could tell the sex from the preflowers or w/e is showing up on the nodes. Thanks for the reply man. They are also 2-3 inches from lights

Pce

Edit: I take that back. It is possible it could be light deficient but not cuz of lack of lumens output but maybe cuz walls of tub are not 100% white. I only had 1 can of spraypaint when I made this so the walls are not 100% pure white. The entire interior is covered in white paint...but in some parts its not "thick" enough and you can see some blue through the white. I dont think its enough to make much of a diff though. I also think I wasnt watering them correctly. Ive been watering them just enough...no drainage. So all the gases and bad **** is staying in the soil. Yesterday I did a dunk style watering...took a liter container filled with my water and submerged entire cup until bubbles stopped rising. They grew a decent ammount the last 24 hours. That might also have been the prob.

Pce

Latest posts

Back