100% led grow BUD SHOTS!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bf74

Reaction score
Hi yal, just wanted to show the mj community my one and only 100% led grow.The results exceeded my expectations. 3oz dry from 7 just rooted clones.Damn good system for those with space/ heat issues.Not for large scale grows-anything bigger than a grow tent. If I could re-do the experiment I would have built my own panels.But what I had worked fine.You just need alot of leds, and it gets expensive.But how much is a bag o dank nowadays?For some poor bastard out there paying 400 an oz this could be the option, if situation dictates. Or to supplement a relatively lower wattage hps grow 150-250w, which is what I'm doing now.Pics to follow. peace

marchweek1 003.JPG

marchweek1 007.JPG

083.JPG

Great grow.
Love that last shot. Like your plant is at a 1978 disco party.

Looking into diving in the LED world soon myself. Any chance I can get a rundown of lights and watts per each there is?

SPEARCHUCKER said:
Great grow.
Love that last shot. Like your plant is at a 1978 disco party.

Looking into diving in the LED world soon myself. Any chance I can get a rundown of lights and watts per each there is?
you got 1-illuminator ufo-tri band spectrum-2-45 w red/blue panels-1-14w red/blue panel-the bulb fixture held 7-5w 660nm red bulbs-230w- I'd say I pulled close to what a 400w would pull.... without the heat.These things work, they just havent been used properly. The following pics are from my 250whps/350w led combo grow-I'm at 34 days flower. peace

good morning day 34 flower 001.JPG

good morning day 34 flower 005.JPG

good morning day 34 flower 006.JPG

Thanks for the rundown BF. Answered alot of questions and doubts for me there. Was planning on a combo deal similar to that. Just with only 2 plants at a time.

hXXp://video.aol.com/video-detail/dokkies-led-flower-lights-test-grow/650877823

hXXp://www.marijuanagrowing.eu/lr2-led-cf-guide-led-home-build-deep-reds-boost-trics-t28041-280.html

I failed to mention that 3 weeks into the led grow I added 24w of 1w diode high power cree white leds. It was like bud development kicked into over-drive.660nm reds and white leds? That would be an interesting experiment. More pix from my hps/led combo grow this evening. peace

hXXp://www.ledgrow.eu/

by building his own board with higher output leds- he managed to get like 59g .... w 60w! Im pretty skeptical about most things but I've been watching this guy for months and he is the real deal. peace

man u got any room left in ya box/room left for plant growth. lol that thing crammed wit LED's . not knockin the set up any tho, by all means they look excellect ladies.

For those thinking of doing a similar hybrid-lighting grow; 2-660nm red ufo's can be bought on e-bay from the manufacturer in Xiang China for 400US delivered. An oz of dank usually costs that much, right? If you had a 250w hps or a 150w hps in one of the smaller homeboxes- horizontally mounted- with the 2 ufo's as side lighting- sit back and watch the magic.And dont forget the white leds.Although I believe 6500k fluoros work fine too.I use an 80/20 r/b-white ratio. peace

I'd say I pulled close to what a 400w would pull.... without the heat
Quick question. HOW MUCH did you pay for all those LED lights?

zipflip said:
man u got any room left in ya box/room left for plant growth. lol that thing crammed wit LED's . not knockin the set up any tho, by all means they look excellect ladies.
lol it does look crazy in there dont it?:holysheep: the beauty of the leds is that you can basically stick them right in the lower canopy.With this method I dont get any more under-developed buds.But you made me think that maybe it's time to get a bigger tent! Stick around for more madness, and thanx 4 the compliment. peace

CowboyBudsky said:
Quick question. HOW MUCH did you pay for all those LED lights?
about a grand for the whole setup- it paid for itself in the first harvest- not much of a return as a comparable hps system- cost and such.But for right now if cost was an issue, I'd steer towards a good hps set-up w/ hortilux lamp. I love tech- and this project really gave me something to sink my teeth into.HPS growing wasa getting boring to me;)

Hey,,more power to ya if you have that kinda a money to play with,,must be nice in these economical times.;) 1000.00 for lights is to rich for my blood. Good luck with it though Bro.

bf74 said:
Stick around for more madness, and thanx 4 the compliment. peace
will do just that :watchplant: :goodposting:

I'll post a couple diy led panel threads.With the higher output leds available, theres no limit to what you can build. And at a fraction of cost.THIS... is the way to go.To hell with the greedhead merchants, learn from my impulsiveness-YOU CAN EASILY BUILD A KICK *** SYSTEM AT HOME. peace fellow growers

bf74 said:
I'll post a couple diy led panel threads.With the higher output leds available, theres no limit to what you can build. And at a fraction of cost.THIS... is the way to go.To hell with the greedhead merchants, learn from my impulsiveness-YOU CAN EASILY BUILD A KICK *** SYSTEM AT HOME. peace fellow growers

u talkin like somethin long these lines here
hxxp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-R5xi0n2nc

That is exactly what I'm talking about-good find, that thing is a beast. I bet you could build one of those for a tenth of the cost Xiang China has been charging for their slave labor built units.

Latest posts

Back