Rosebud and Rick Simpson oil

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm no expert...... but I do know how to make RSO...... I would think you could add back alcohol and heat it to 160 for 4 hours and make no difference.......... I don't think you ruined anything...... I just finished up a batch of tincture this past weekend........ evaporated off 75% of alcohol......... strong stuff for sure......... but I also belive I could pour it out in a pan and evaporate off the rest of the alcohol and have RSO very quick and easy.

Thanks Grower13. I went ahead and made that batch the way it was. When I opened the MBM the booze looked real green. I strained right into the SS cook off pan. I played with the temp. while boiling till I got it right. Didn't take long and as Rosebud told me at the end of the boil, WHAM it's done.

It's really hard to work with. I put mine in a 4 oz. jelly jar. I need tips for this stage lol.

I did it folks. I'll take a pic.

I also don't understand the heating during the 4 hour tincture. The booze strips the trics off just like if you didn't use the MBM. What am I missing?

A pic. I'll watch the video Grower. Man is my puter dirty.

looks right to me....... and now we know how plants and dinosaurs became crude oil we pump out of ground.

looks right to me....... and now we know how plants and dinosaurs became crude oil we pump out of ground.
lol

Its strong meds too. I tried some that ended up on the outside of the jar. Wow.

I watched the video Grower. My booze looked the same at that stage.

The heat is just to enhance the boozes ability to hold more trichs in suspension , you could prob rerun the stuff you used and add heat and get another bit.

Think of it like trying to stir a spoon of sugar in a cold glass of water and then How easy it is in far less amount of hot water.

Last edited:
Bongo, sorry I had to go to bed, it was an emergency.

I use the 160 setting for the tincture. I am glad you got her done. See how yours looks green? Dark green? It will probably be fine, but it should really be a dark golden that looks almost black. I imagine that is from heating it.

G13, awesome thought about not cooking off the booze... I think i will try that and let it evaporate for like 2 weeks instead of 4-5 days.

YAY for you for doing it Bongo.

Bongo, sorry I had to go to bed, it was an emergency.

I use the 160 setting for the tincture. I am glad you got her done. See how yours looks green? Dark green? It will probably be fine, but it should really be a dark golden that looks almost black. I imagine that is from heating it.

G13, awesome thought about not cooking off the booze... I think i will try that and let it evaporate for like 2 weeks instead of 4-5 days.

YAY for you for doing it Bongo.

I think not cooking off all the alcohol make for easier storage and better long term storage.......... you can see the oil and alcohol separating in my bottles.......... I could pour a bottle into a pan and cook off rest of alcohol fast and have RSO........ I made coconut oil pills last night out of some 8 miles high.

I could not have done this without everyone's help. Thank you so much.

I will use the heat next time. Even without using the heat this stuff is very powerful.

I just finished with my 2nd and final batch of RSO. For now that is. I used the 160 deg. 4 hour tincture. Rosebud, it made the difference in the color from the 1st batch.

I have some questions for you guys. How does RSO work on Lymes? I googled and read many positive testimonials but nothing concrete. My youngest brother has Lymes and I gave him the 1st batch. He did not sleep for 4 or 5 days then he started the RSO. He has now been sleeping for 1.5 days now. Wow. Anyway my questions what would be the dose? I told him to start out with 1/2 grain of rice size dose 3 times a day for a week to get acclimated with the meds.

2nd question. For Lymes or Diabetes should we be using a higher CBD plant? My brother with the Cancer also has Diabetes and he claims no change with the high THC blend he has been taking but he is only in his 7th week.

I'm going to start treating my Diabetes today, actually I just took my 2nd dose today when this batch was finished. My brother gave me a dose of his this afternoon to start me up. I'm going to do the 3 doses a day program unless someone else tells me different.

So far I've re-type around 20 words lol.

3rd. Is there a curing period with RSO? Should I let it sit with the lid off for a few days? Sould I put it in the fridge?

I would like to keep it open (if I need to) in and empty drawer in my bedroom. Leave the drawer open with my ceiling fan going to move the air. I could put some cheese cloth over the jar to keep any particles out. I'm ramblin'.

I don't know about lymes and cannabis, sorry.

The dose is a hard one. 3x a day is very hard to do if you want to be alert at all. I would start with what fits on the end of a toothpick, less than the 1/2 piece of short grain rice. I would see how they tolerate that. Then when they can work up to more. I have made some meds for a guy with brain cancer that did the RSO treatment plan. he said it was like being more stoned then ever.. But he has outlived his diagnosis.

I did it for a week and then only at night for a month or so. No more blood sugar issues at all.

No curing is needed. it is done and ready.

You can keep it at room temp. For longer storage the refigerator. The pot I have used to treat folks is a hybrid... more thc than cbd... I think they will find that you need the whole plant but I don't know for sure. This is all so new.. .it is trial and error. Good luck you are a great brother and friend to do this for them.

I am very impressed you can type!

I don't know about lymes and cannabis, sorry.

The dose is a hard one. 3x a day is very hard to do if you want to be alert at all. I would start with what fits on the end of a toothpick, less than the 1/2 piece of short grain rice. I would see how they tolerate that. Then when they can work up to more. I have made some meds for a guy with brain cancer that did the RSO treatment plan. he said it was like being more stoned then ever.. But he has outlived his diagnosis.

I did it for a week and then only at night for a month or so. No more blood sugar issues at all.

No curing is needed. it is done and ready.

You can keep it at room temp. For longer storage the refigerator. The pot I have used to treat folks is a hybrid... more thc than cbd... I think they will find that you need the whole plant but I don't know for sure. This is all so new.. .it is trial and error. Good luck you are a great brother and friend to do this for them.

I am very impressed you can type!

Lol Rosebud. Me too. I really appreciate your help and everyone else's help. You Guys are the great people. I mean that. Thank you very much.

Latest posts

Back