Rosebud and Rick Simpson oil

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No. I was feeling really good though. I started my treatments for diabetes yesterday.

Go guy! Heal that pancreas... Our meds will do that.. awesomeness abounds...

FYI unless im mistaken... cannaoil is different than rso tincture/hash-oil.
....cannaoil/butter involves ('decarbed' weed cooked with coconut oil, or butter), in a small mason jar, inside a crockpot 1/2 full of water for few hours. then its strained.
(butter can be mixed with water as it separates when refridgerated, (but no water mixed with an oil))
rick simpson oil is very concentrated thc extracted from weed/bud. isn't it like hash oil and needs lit in a pipe or something? I thought this was the difference...I thought...

Just an update, I am doing 3 BIG batches of RSO today for a great guy that grows his own medicine. I couldn't sleep last night as I worry about messing up.

I have messed up 80 grams of my stuff, but I don't want to mess up his beautiful pot.. Take a look at the bud he grew. Just beautiful. We are going to add a couple of drops of organic olive oil this time as the tar is just almost too thick to get out of the syringes. I hope that works...
Look at this beautiful bud... i wish i had grown this.
View attachment 002.jpg

View attachment 003.jpg

View attachment 004.jpg

Just an update, I am doing 3 BIG batches of RSO today for a great guy that grows his own medicine. I couldn't sleep last night as I worry about messing up.

I have messed up 80 grams of my stuff, but I don't want to mess up his beautiful pot.. Take a look at the bud he grew. Just beautiful. We are going to add a couple of drops of organic olive oil this time as the tar is just almost too thick to get out of the syringes. I hope that works...
Look at this beautiful bud... i wish i had grown this.
View attachment 002.jpg

View attachment 003.jpg

View attachment 004.jpg

I'm excited to see if the olive oil works Rosebud. My RSO is very thick too. I've been using a 4 oz jar and a wooden toothpick.

Green Mojo for you tomorrow.

I can't believe what they charge for this stuff. $50 a gram at the cannabis cup. I give all mine away to friends with cancer. Worked great on my nose. Had a spot that stayed raw most of the time. put rso on it every night . now my nose is nice and soft. I don't even have to look ,It just feels well.

Thanks Bongo, I am done. Three batches, lots of medicine... You know what i did different this time was I just barely covered the buds with the everclear. I used to put a good inch or two above. So there was a lot less liquid to deal with. I kept the temp at 180 througout and finished with it more liquid. I got a lot more than usual. I used the 3 drops of water with each batch. we will see how it goes. Only used the olive oil on the first batch and went without the next two. Much more liquid when i quit boiling this time.. the weather? the humidity? It turned out to be the best batch, I think. We will see what the patient thinks.

Hey Bongo, how is your blood sugar?

bozzo, it is the bud that costs so much.. I have never charged, i have no idea.

I don't use premium buds just, small popcorn and trim. plenty of that.

Hey Bongo, how is your blood sugar?

Thanks for caring Rosebud.

Not much improvement with the blood sugar so far. The Rick Simpson web site says 6 weeks @ 3 times a day for severe diabetes. That is what I am doing. I have about 3 weeks in. To tell you the truth I have not been eating the right foods lately either so I need to stop that.

My brother with the lymes is feeling better. We think the RSO made him Herx. "Get worse before better". He puked up black stuff for a few days. He feels much better. He just had a blood test for lymes and it was good news.

My brother with Cancer is going thru Radiation now so no blood tests yet to determine how the RSO is working. He looks great though.

I gave 1/2 of my RSO to my friend that turned us onto RSO in the first place. She had severe anxiety. Thats right HAD. She is cured. She is so happy that the next time we meet I get a bunch of kisses.

Can I make RSO from trim or buds that have not been cured? If so, is there a recipe to follow?

Yes decarboxalate at 250 F for 30 min on a cookie sheet. Then use the 160 degree tincture setting. After you turn on the machine, in the center is the temps push the button til it gets to the 160 temp. It won't be as strong as a cured product but it will work.

Yes decarboxalate at 250 F for 30 min on a cookie sheet. Then use the 160 degree tincture setting. After you turn on the machine, in the center is the temps push the button til it gets to the 160 temp. It won't be as strong as a cured product but it will work.

Thank you Rosebud. Why not as strong as cured?

Cured herb is stronger than non cured herb. A cure adds to the strength of the pot.

Cured herb is stronger than non cured herb. A cure adds to the strength of the pot.
I knew that Rosebud. lol I needed reminded. There is so much to learn about this hobby sometimes it's hard to retain the knowledge.

I harvested and manicured my 2 outdoor THC Bomb plants the other day and got a lot of trim. Decent amount of buds too. I'm excited to make more RSO.

I made a batch of RSO tonite. When it was at the end of the boil it started to splatter. What the heck happened? I think I may have gotten some of the material left in the MBM in the tincture. Maybe not enough water? I did 3 drops. I don't think it got too hot. Any ideas?

I don't know. Did it splatter after the drops of water? That is strange and I bet maddening and scary. Was it really hot? Seems if it was really hot it would burn not splatter. What could make that do that? I am stumped. Tell me what happened after the splatter? Did you lose a lot? Shoot bongo, bummer. I hope you didn't get burned.

I don't know. Did it splatter after the drops of water?
No not after the water. Right towards the end of boil.

That is strange and I bet maddening and scary.

Was it really hot? Seems if it was really hot it would burn not splatter.
No it was not too hot.

What could make that do that? I am stumped.
Thinking back, the rotor had a drip of RSO on it. I tapped the rotor on the SS pan to retrieve it. Some of the scrap dropped into the pan. I wiped it clean but maybe not good enough. The minute pieces of scrap were soaked with Kleen extract and exploded. Had to be. I will be making more Saturday so I'll report back.

Tell me what happened after the splatter?
I said bad words.

Did you lose a lot?
Not too much. I dosed from the garage floor. lol

Shoot bongo, bummer. I hope you didn't get burned.

No I was OK Rosebud.

I made another batch tonite and everything went well. I'm getting the hang of it. :aok:

Latest posts

Back