MP LED Members

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

techrons78

Reaction score
Hi guys

I'm very curious to what type of leds our members use.
What brand of Led are you using? Wattage ? How do you rate them? Any special ways you guys grow with led as appose to HID?

I have three types of LED's 2 are cheap, one is kinda cheap and one is hella expensive, for me..lol
I can't tell you what my littles or the medium is but the one i just got is a Lush Light and so far I can't believe how good it is. I have never had a plant grow as fast as under this light. It is 650 Watts. It compares to a 1000 W. The reasons I got a Lush light is because i knew a distributer and she never pushed them once.. Lush gives you a 90 day money back guarantee and a 3 year manufacturer's warranty. If your lights break they will give you loaners.. The one i got is the DOminator 2xXL, They dropped the price 20 % a couple of months ago. I have only had them a couple of weeks but I am so impressed. So happy i got some money from my girlfriend for Christmas...woohoo.

I have three types of LED's 2 are cheap, one is kinda cheap and one is hella expensive, for me..lol
I can't tell you what my littles or the medium is but the one i just got is a Lush Light and so far I can't believe how good it is. I have never had a plant grow as fast as under this light. It is 650 Watts. It compares to a 1000 W. The reasons I got a Lush light is because i knew a distributer and she never pushed them once.. Lush gives you a 90 day money back guarantee and a 3 year manufacturer's warranty. If your lights break they will give you loaners.. The one i got is the DOminator 2xXL, They dropped the price 20 % a couple of months ago. I have only had them a couple of weeks but I am so impressed. So happy i got some money from my girlfriend for Christmas...woohoo.
Ahh very nice..Yes I have been following dominator for a year or so,never used their product but did do a test run on a light by the a company with exact design I ran a 180 watt and I was impressed.
You will enjoy that light exspecially that big boy you got Rose...

What temps do you keep your Led rooms at? Lumigrow suggested I run between 78-80. Which I do . Lol

I have been growing under LED lights for a while now. I have 2 different lights. I am working right now so can't give you the specifics. Will do that when I get home tonight.

I have an Apollo Purple Sun 768W and a Mars II 700W (the Mars light is still in Idaho). I just today moved 8 young plant from under a 300W T5 to under the Apollo.

Question: How far from the canopy should I hang the light?

I have an Apollo Purple Sun 768W and a Mars II 700W (the Mars light is still in Idaho). I just today moved 8 young plant from under a 300W T5 to under the Apollo.

Question: How far from the canopy should I hang the light?

Your purple sun is 192 watts of actual draw power.. Yes 24-36 sounds good to start. You will be able to pull them closer in short time.tech

Hey Techrons, I've got three varieties, mostly of the lower cost units, the King plus 1200 (234 watts used), Lighthouse hydro Blackstar v2 240 (108 watts used) and my newest a Viparspectra 450 (switchable veg/bloom 90 watts in bloom used).
I'm evaluating them with my current grow. The King Plus 1200 has the largest Par rating and all seem to be progressing the grow nicely. When I get closer to the chop, I'll note if any of the respective areas seems more developed than other areas and attributable to the light.

Her fixture draws 193w with 2 "bays" on and 374w with all 4

I've run all my COB fixtures no closer than 12" and up to 24" with 14" being what I was aiming for. (in full flower, NOT seedlings ;))

:48:
Just got this off Apollo approved reseller.
Size: 768 - Watt Apollo purple sun

1 Unit- COB (Chip on Board) Apollo Horticulture LED System
Size - 12.25" x 12.25" x 3.62"
4pcs, 192W COB ; Lifespan: 50,000 Hours
Light Spectrum: 440nm, 465nm, 510nm, 635nm, 660nm
6' Power Cord ; Stainless Steel Hanging Clips Included

Size 300 watt Apollo purple sun.

1 Unit- COB (Chip on Board) Apollo Horticulture LED System
Size - 12.25" x 12.25" x 3.62"
4pcs, 75W COB ; Lifespan: 50,000 Hours
Light Spectrum: 440nm, 465nm, 510nm, 635nm, 660nm
6' Power Cord ; Stainless Steel Hanging Clips Included

Thank you

then i stopped playing around

Ahhhhhhhhhh....why you holding out on the good stuff till last Camel????lol awesome light my brother...how do you like the true Cob king ( Spectrum king)?..They had a sale on mothers keeper for 199.00 last year but never got it..I so like kings lights and use of Cree Cxb cobs

those numbers were measured (off her actual unit) with a kill-a-watt meter
so I understand the confusion (wonder why myself)

anyway

I LOVE the spectrum king
it grew as good if not better buds than ANY of my purple lights.
unfortunately, given the small space I used it in (and my current situation LINK and LINK) I hope/wish to use it in a bit more proper sized space, and see what she can REALLY do!
(I had it dimmed to 275w draw, it can pull well into the 480w+ :shocked:)
this is a "450+" with dimmer... back when they offered them

yes, CREE was a huge factor when I decided to drop that sort of $$ on a fixture

Very interesting Joe, thanks for the information... very cool. Good morning by the way.

Hey Techrons, I've got three varieties, mostly of the lower cost units, the King plus 1200 (234 watts used), Lighthouse hydro Blackstar v2 240 (108 watts used) and my newest a Viparspectra 450 (switchable veg/bloom 90 watts in bloom used).
I'm evaluating them with my current grow. The King Plus 1200 has the largest Par rating and all seem to be progressing the grow nicely. When I get closer to the chop, I'll note if any of the respective areas seems more developed than other areas and attributable to the light.

Nice Dan yes let us know how th grow is.Tech

those numbers were measured (off her actual unit) with a kill-a-watt meter
so I understand the confusion (wonder why myself)

anyway

I LOVE the spectrum king
it grew as good if not better buds than ANY of my purple lights.
unfortunately, given the small space I used it in (and my current situation LINK and LINK) I hope/wish to use it in a bit more proper sized space, and see what she can REALLY do!
(I had it dimmed to 275w draw, it can pull well into the 480w+ :shocked:)
this is a "450+" with dimmer... back when they offered them

yes, CREE was a huge factor when I decided to drop that sort of $$ on a fixture

Yes they look awesome ....why have you not cranked it up? If heat and distance permits bet u could ..

Okay here are my light specs.
King Plus 1200w Double Chips Full Specturm Led Grow Light for Greenhouse and Indoor Plant Flowering Growing (10w Leds) (1200W)

Product Description
Size:1200W
King and King Plus series products are exclusively selling by KingLED,others are knockoff
Specifications :
Dimension: 400*213*60mm (15.75x8.39x2.37inches)
Power:1200w(120pcs*10w)
LED Type: Epistar LEDs
Full spectrum for vegetative and flowering stage: 410nm, 430~440nm, 450~475nm, 620~630nm, 650~670nm, White, IR(730nm)
(It is hard to see clearly by eyes, very dim.Please don't think they are not working. Instead, it plays an very important role in the flowering and fruiting stages of plants.)
Coverage Area: about 3.5 x 5.2 ft(The lighting area and the height are changeable according to different plants and environments.)
Lifespan: >50,000hours
Worldwide Voltage: 85v-265v
Working Frequency: 50~60Hz
Modular Power Cord(Available in US, UK, EU, AU,JP)

Using tips
Lighting Time setup: Vegetative Stage: 12-14 hours on; Flowering Stage: 9-12 hours on. Fruiting Stage: 7- 8 hours on
Suggest distance above plants: 1.2-2m
Tips for increasing lifespan: please let the light have a rest for about 20mins after 5-6hours working.

2nd light:
Was called TopLed when I bought it. Now it is called Mars Reflector 144.

Item NO.:Mars-Hydro Reflector 144
BTU:706
Compare to HPS/MH/HID:350 watt
certificate:CE, RoHS
Draw power:316w +/- 10w
Voltage:Input voltage: 85v-265v Amperage: 2.6@ 120v | 1.436@ 240v
Decible value:61
N.W/G.W:6.68kg/8.03kg
Coverage:2' x 4' (60cm x 122cm)
Lifespan:50000 hours
View Angle of leds:90°-120°
spectrum:440nm, 460nm, 630nm ,660nm,730nm(IR), 2700k-3000k
Plug Type:US
UPC Number:708747426847
Dimension:28" x 10" x 2" (83 cm x 26 cm x 6 cm)
Hanging System:Seedling:24”-30“ Growth:18”-24“ Bloom:12"-18 "
Work Temperature Condition:80°F -100°F (30°C - 40°C)
Warehouse:USA
shipping_method:UPS
Chip Brand:Epistar

Here are a few pics of a plant just about finishing up under these lights in a 4x4 tent.

View attachment 20170115_000118.jpg

View attachment 20170115_000122.jpg

View attachment 20170115_000125.jpg

Her fixture draws 193w with 2 "bays" on and 374w with all 4

I've run all my COB fixtures no closer than 12" and up to 24" with 14" being what I was aiming for. (in full flower, NOT seedlings ;))

These aren't really seedlings. I had them under the T5 for a while--I planted the seeds on the 1st. I fimmed them when I put into the larger totes and under the LED. I'll see if I can get a pic up for you. I think I will lower the light to 24". Thanks Joe. Hope you are doing okay. I think of you every day.

This is in a closet that is 41" x 24"...is that enough light?

just found a new LED co, offering 1200 watts/ 675 actual, for under 300 bux. thing has IR and UV, its full spectrum, and bright AF. i will be running 6 of these panels in a 10x12 room with 8 foot ceilings keeping 24-30" off canopy

Latest posts

Back