White pistils turning brown prematurely.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The key is not to panic, and just check back with it every day, I mean... you should already be checking it every day just to check that even nothing has gone wrong like a bulb burnout or whatever else...

You may not see any bananas until after you see a healthy amount of bud. the bananas didn't show up until very late in my first grow.

Green mojo! hope everything turns out with just ladyparts! try to get some better photos if you can!

Apparently your watering and feeding method has maintained the growth of the plants just on the cusp of being ok and having issues, and now that they are kicking into high energy activity(bloom), the method isn't able to carry them without issue. You should find it better and easier to water them more thoroughly every 3-6 days. It will take a little bit of experimenting on your part to find the timing that works best for your plants.

I have a smaller plant in a 1 gallon planter that is my first soil grow. I give it a good soaking evey third day and that seems to be working well for it. For yours being in 3 gallon containers I would figure for a half gallon of nuted water for the first watering(get you a deep pan or a rubbermaid tote to put under each plant to catch runoff) pour the water in slowly so that it has time to spread throughout the soil before running through so that you can tell how much you will need the next time. When you are done, see how much water runs through and has not been pulled back into the container by the plant after an hour. that will tell you if you need to use more water or less water the next time.

Then you will need to wait a minimum of 3 days and try to feel down into the soil and up into the drain holes if possible to see if it is still moist(I suspect it will take about 5-6 days to fully dry out and see the plant start to droop a bit) At that point you will know it is time to water again. As was said by others, and by all that I have read on this method, you should use nuted water at a PH of 7.0 one time, then the next time use only straight water that has a PH of between 6.8-7.2. Then alternate every watering. Once with nutes and the next time without nutes. You should find that this method works well for the plants. :) If you ever decide to go hydro let me know and I will be glad to help you as that is my baby :)

I know Hick doesnt care for the use of tinypics, but I am not able to use the resize link the Devs posted.

This is as close a pic as i could get, of the brown pistils. Sorry, Hick. The Mob demanded it.

Most of the mob (myself included) won't look.....sorry, my friend!

Roddy said:
Most of the mob (myself included) won't look.....sorry, my friend!

Well, then I dont know what to tell you. You wanted pics, you got them. I am not able to get into the resize link.

http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16208 <-- that link?? arty you cn't view? ;)

artyA.jpg

artyb.jpg

Oh, and I've seen this before....but I already told you why lol! Hope it's not the reason this time!

Arty, is there any possibility this is heat damage? I apologize if this has been suggested already.

AG

Hick said:

No. there is a post on this site, that gives a link to a resize website. It goes straight to a Google error page. :p

Anyway, im done with this site. It has a lot of knowledgable people, but as a site. Its behind. Plus, its not neutral as far as Seedbanks. Everything is Attitude. Offcourse, its because they pay to keep up this site. Its like a site, where people would talk about making micro beer, and Amstel being a sponsor. It would lack credibility. So, thanx for the help, but please cancel my membership.

I understand your frustration Arty. But everyone here just wants to help.

I did notice a new Nirvana banner lately, so MP is branching out! :)

They don't ban talk about other seed sites, or other forums for that matter. I've only ordered from 3 sites total, and Attitude is the best I've used. And MP probably does get a small fee every time someone clicks the banner to go through to Attitude. But it costs money to host a web site and I'll bet the revenue produced by these click though links don't NEARLY cover operating costs.

In terms of technology, MP may be a little behind the times but I'll put up with less-than-cutting-edge technology to be on a site that doesn't allow cursing and works hard to maintain civility. (And I cuss like a f*#king sailor-I just don't think it adds anything to a discussion on a public forum).

Give MP another chance. Here... :48: :48:

AG

ArtyCannabis said:
No. there is a post on this site, that gives a link to a resize website. It goes straight to a Google error page. :p

Anyway, im done with this site. It has a lot of knowledgable people, but as a site. Its behind. Plus, its not neutral as far as Seedbanks. Everything is Attitude. Offcourse, its because they pay to keep up this site. Its like a site, where people would talk about making micro beer, and Amstel being a sponsor. It would lack credibility. So, thanx for the help, but please cancel my membership.

That's funny, I've never ONCE seen anyone censored as to what seed bank, what lighting, soil, nutes....NONE of the elements of a grow are out of bounds. Please, I beg you to show me where you saw any of this??

ArtyCannabis said:

:rofl:....:rofl:... simply untrue in every aspect. Of course, you have the right to your "opinion", but I think you're going to look far nd wide to find a site that doesn't have a sponsor or 'sponsors'.
our members grow seeds from about every legitimate seed vendor on the planet, and prolly some 'not so' legit' as well. And they grow 'em as well as anyone on the planet...We have a thread rating "other" seed banks for quality and performance, "honest", no bull crap, first hand experiences...
The only thing with a "lack of credibility" around here, are "newby" opinions..:D

Arty, is there any possibility this is heat damage? I apologize if this has been suggested already.

Possible, but I think you'd see damage to the leaves as well. The leaves curled like they are suggest overwatering imho, which has been suggested could be the cause (and could be), but I've been an overwatering machine before and don't recall seeing the pistils turn like this from it, the plant showed stress (leaves drooped and curled as pic shows).

Too bad you're leaving, would have liked to know the outcome...

Roddy said:

Possible, but I think you'd see damage to the leaves as well. The leaves curled like they are suggest overwatering imho, which has been suggested could be the cause (and could be), but I've been an overwatering machine before and don't recall seeing the pistils turn like this from it, the plant showed stress (leaves drooped and curled as pic shows).

Too bad you're leaving, would have liked to know the outcome...

You're probably right Roddy. The way those leaves are clawing under and his watering schedule reek of overwatering. But I guess we'll never know now. :hairpull:

AG

I have seen the same thing hairs turnng brown (50 to 75%) around week 9 then some of the bananas popped..... hermies really?

Latest posts

Back