So im unclear on what the answer is

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smoker8

Reaction score
I don't know whether to cut off the top..never been in forum before bare with me just learning the rules...I still don't know if i should top it..Can a stalk that is taped even survive? taped at two places for that matter this is the main cola part of the plant highest yeilding..I have to know whether I leave it taped it's drooping down do you need a pic its pretty self explainitory it's top was hanging by outside threads and it's taped with clear tape I have to do what's best for it know and it's practically falling over on the top??? thank you

its not really a bad thing, but u might want to use string or pipe cleaners or something thats a little nicer to the plant. and yes generaly speaking the "main" shoot or stem tends to be the location that buds the most. as for topping, the motives are all the same for the most part but its how u achive the goal that differs. read this u will learn alot, its found in the growing resources......

http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19637

is it gonna be in shock? plant was ready to bud now i need to veg longer. let it heal, and wait to see if it repairs itself? is it possible to repair itself? ALSO IT'S BROKE IN TWO PLACES AND A THIRD WHERE FAN leaf is ...I have pipe cleaners remove the tape and get it more stable and pray and if it dies top off and veg longer??sorry so many Q's this is my baby....and 4months old 24 lite no balls IS IT female? thank you

there is really know way to really know for sure until u flower it and my advise is to just go for it, and just flower it.... its kinda late to top it.. i top mine when they are like 2-3 weeks old and then maybe again at 4-5 weeeks if i ever vegged them that long. and yes it will weaken the plant for a little and slow its groth for a few days so dont do it again if you go to the link i posted u will find the answers to every q that u have and some
good luck and happy growing

oh yea and when it buds its going to want to tip over and will break more if not supported so stay on top of that, and it should still bud fine

so indoor flowering with this 2ft 2bulb indoor grow light isn't going to work? should I put outside and get bugs or should I keep indoor on 12 12 will it harvest perfectly outdoor during this time without bringing it inside??and just pipe clean it nicely keep as stable as possible hope for the best and let it droop?? I was gonna put it outside before this tragedy happened...I didn't do it someone else did that's the biggest problem it looks like...Knock on wood

dude im tellin u get high and spend some time here:

http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9396

it will answer all your questions better than i ever could. that is a very small amount of to attempt flowering and isnt the best spectrum of light to do so.

(Though it will still work just not nearly as well)

your call on the outside thing. but FYI u get more light from Mr. sun then any indoor light ever could.

if i were u i would do some research and get a light to flower it specifacly (maybe a 250w HPS bulb). its a nice plant show her some love :)

p.s. ur gonna do it again so think of it as an investment

i was smoking and reading the link thank you it was very helpful but I read a lot about toping and your opinion was to not top...And You can call me dude but I'm a girl and a model....Just growing personal and some jerk just dropped a plate after I've been nurturing it like a baby and it's sitting there with tape around the stem not even being held up by anything but held together with tape...since you know so much i would see balls right now if it was male right?...It's been on 24 veg for 3 1/2 months.......Last questions I promise

are you saying to wrap pipe cleaner around the stem or let it rest upon a stick and rig that to prop it up?
SOOOO SORRY DONT HATE it's a matter of life and death!! lol kinda

hahaha srry west coast ahaha well im 23 and a guy haaha anyway 1st off if you are not flowering it, then u wont know the sexy.. some time plants will show early signs of sex but even then u cant be 100% sure untill ur like 2 weeks into flower (when u flower ,the plants bud and then u will find out the sex) and the scratch the pipe cleaners. anything u can do to keep it stable will work. what i ment is; bcause it is broke ,when u flower the plant, and if it is a female...when the plant buds it tends to become top heavy, and because ur plant broke it may not be able to support the weight. so to make sure it dosnt fall over hang the top by a rope or twine or somthing

and its fine ask as many q's as u want im just smokin and miessin with my plants

well i've been sexing one of it's clones on a 12 12 for about a week and no balls have even tried to appear..no white hairs but no balls...when I do start flowering I want to put it in the sun most likely...now that I've made it as stable as possible so just mommy it and hope to not top it...I could still top it feasably though right..I'm sorry she's my baby I cried for an hour when it happened I cant even smoke until I know exactly what to do...should I post a pic so you can see how it's propped taped and now pipe cleanered? I live in cali in my 20's too :^) thanks this will be last q

Yo Ho smoker8,

WOW, Sorry your little girl had a rough time of it. If the main stalk was damaged so badly that it was totally laid over, and just hanging by some threads then yes I would try to relieve the stress by surgery. Remove the damaged stalk just above the last unharmed node.

Put her back into veg for awhile and she will develope two main stalks. DO NOT place her outdoors with a wound like that as that would be something akin to ringing the dinner bell. Her defenses are down and yes she will be in shock for a little bit.

Light is everything, and you want as many Lumens as you can put on her, but throwing her under an HPS 250 watt cannot be done carelessly, if you do go this route then start the light out about 24 inches above her. Get a thermometer, and check the temp at the new top level of your girl. You want to keep the temp for her around an ideal which would be 76*-78* degrees. It's OK if the temp varies a bit too.

It is a jump from cfl's to HPS and an HPS does throw a lot of heat, look things over carefully to ascertain rather there are risks of fire, or is there adequate ventilation.

Finally do not use ferts for a little while. One should not feed a plant that is stressed, as that can sometimes be enough to push it's health over an undesirable edge. Pre-flowers can show up in some strains during veg, and some will wait and show about three weeks into flowering.

Your goal should be right now to not stress the plant any more than you have to, and repair fast and furious. If the wound is big enough you might consider dabbing some soft warm, (not hot) wax to cover the wound to further protect it. She should be fine after all your love and devotion.

smoke in peace
KingKahuuna

well it was hanging by all its threads but tipped over...so just cut it tonight? and do I replant the top..I mean this is gonna cut my yield in half if I loose the top right I mean I know about topping but it got damaged the other break wasn't as dreadful but still bad that is taped and propped up as well...What are ur thoughts?

Yo Ho smoker8,

Pics sure would help a lot, but lets assume that the top section that was damaged was small, then yes I would consider cloning, but you need to use the right sized pieces to do this successfully. You are not really going to lose as much bud as you might think. Picture a Y in the plant. Each new stalk will produce for you, and together it will add up nicely for you.
You have to decide what you want to do for your baby, My recommendation is to repair, and get her back to growing and then flowering for you. If you want to try keeping the main stalk, you risk going hermie from the continued stress, again pics would be so very helpful.
The rule of thumb for injuries is the same for any living thing, if you cannot adequatly fix it then go with the next option. It's a shame we cannot turn back the hands of time, (sigh)
If you do top it tonight then clone the pieces quick, since you were in flower you might have a problem with cloning, but this is the better route to go, considering that the top section might not survive at all, in which case you would lose and gain nothing.

smoke in peace
KingKahuuna

it wont upload my pics if I need a special program to make pics smaller I don't have the patience i've been on this forum since 6:45 and I'm still not sure what to do..I think it's time I figure it out and take action on the plant you know what a badly snapped held up by tape about 2in from top looks like or you can guess more or less it's what it sounds like...thanks so much

it wasnt in flower its been on 24 lite for 31/2 only veg state still and yes about 3inches from top of plant about two close together nodes away..I would consider it small then a fan leaf broke too and I'm don't know whether to cut it or let it heal can it actually rejuvinate itself...no way I want hermie

And You can call me dude but I'm a girl and a model...
.. Gosh!! I thought THAT alone would have triggered a lot more responses.. :p HA!!

king is giving you sound advice smoker. ;)
but if the broken portion was severed, it may be difficult to root.
Topping it will not drastically effect your yield, either way, if you allow her a few day to recover... IMO

Latest posts

Back