what can i do to get my room temp in my grow room down

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Really need to understand the layout of your townhouse. Where I am, the typical townhouse with A/C also has a cold air return in the bedroom or nearby. In a specific situation just running the "fan" setting on the thermostat will force the cooler air from the lower portion of the house to the upper portion of the house. Another way is to open the cold air return in the basement, if thats where your furnace is located, this also aids in evening out the humidity in your house.
Good luck with cooling.

AID, if the A.C. unit is not a stand alone job you are gonna have to set it over a big tub or you will end up with water on the floor and stains on the cieling on the floor below.

screwdriver said:
Really need to understand the layout of your townhouse. Where I am, the typical townhouse with A/C also has a cold air return in the bedroom or nearby. In a specific situation just running the "fan" setting on the thermostat will force the cooler air from the lower portion of the house to the upper portion of the house. Another way is to open the cold air return in the basement, if thats where your furnace is located, this also aids in evening out the humidity in your house.
Good luck with cooling.

yea,thats exactly how mine is.ill have to turn the fan on (on the therm.) and see how low i can get the temp in the room.(thanks alot)

clanchattanAID, if the A.C. unit is not a stand alone job you are gonna have to set it over a big tub or you will end up with water on the floor and stains on the cieling on the floor below.

very good point,i never even thaught about it losing water or sweating.ill have to do a lil updating to my blueprint.your the man,thanks alot

Anyone ever see a window unit work?

The coil leaks condensation off it and drips on the ground, make dang sure you have a way to get that water out of the room and trust me it builds up quick. Maybe add a rubbermaid bin for it to drain into that you can empty every week or so.

AC units ALWAYS add humidity to the room unless it's a central unit with built in dehumidifier. Most new CENTRAL units have dehumidifiers in the blower unit inside. WINDOW UNITS do NOT act as a dehumidifier .... even the big ones. Cool moist air added to a hot room always equals humidity.
The way a window unit works by a fan basically blowing across cold coils. COLD WET COILS. These coils produce condensation that leaks out as wastewater normally just outside the window it hangs out of.

I would go ahead and get out that DE humidifier, and get it running with the a/c. God, i am going to hate to see your electric bill after adding all that.

at my sisters we set the unit on a stool and where the back overhangs we put a big cooler down and ran 3/8 rubber fuel line hose clamped to the coolers nipple (huh huh, nipple) along a back wall into the sump pump hole and bye bye water. AID could maybe get it into his master bath and into his sink drain. keept low so a syphon forms when the water level gets 4-5 inches inside the cooler. it'll take a lil redneck ingineerin and a little plumbing but i think its feasible.

stool=free
cooler=free
3/8'' hose= $0.40 a foot
brass 3/8'' hose fitting=$2.00

just keep it lower than the cooler so it'll drain

oh,i dont mind dumping the water,im home all day so i'd have the time to do it,plus i have a bathroom up stairs so i wouldnt have to go very far with it.as far as the electic bill goes.luckly i live alone,so i dont run alot of electricity,i have my water heater turned down,i keep my washer and dryer unplugged when they arent in use.i use nothing but cfl's throughout my whole house.my house has central air,but i just run a fan in my living room so i dont run that.i have so much invested in this grow,that theres really no turning back now.im gonna have to do what it takes to get the room around 80 degrees.i think it'd be alot cheaper for me to run a window a.c. rather than my central air though.. when i had my last apartment,i had a window a.c. and my bill was never over $25,where im at now,if i run the central air,my bills like 150 during the summer.im only gonna run these lights for 18/6 during veg though.hopefully this'll give me 5 hours a day to give everything a break.im gonna see if i can put the air conditioner on a timerand still keep the temp under control.im gonna take the plants i have goin now,out of the room and im gonna take 2 days off from work so i can monitor my temps and get everything situated.im gonna have my lights off at night when im at work so i dont have to worrry about them while im at work.i thaught of a way to have the stand set up in a manner that'll collect the water the ac gives off,ill post it a lil later so you guys can tell me what ya think.if i cant make the whole stand thing work,ill have no choice but to install it the normal way..anyways,im off to see what i missed over night around here-peace

Latest posts

Back