Need some pointers!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GotBud?

Reaction score
Hey everyone,
I have been planning on setting up a grow room from some time but money has caused some speed bumps as well as some knowledge with grow room design. So if anyone could give me a hand on my questions, I would greatly appreciate it. Btw, this grow is occuring inside a garage.

First of all, I plan to grow with the Sea of Green method. I have a 4x4x8ft grow space and am going to put 4 plants per sq. ft. I will be growing hash plants which has a 40-45 day flowering period.

This is what I have down so far that I am pretty confident about.

-600w air-cooled HPS
-Ebb and Flow set-up (4x4 tray with a 25 gallon reservoir)
-170gph water pump inside reservoir along with a
-5.5 - 6'' square growing pots
-Something around a 512cfm exhaust fan
-Clay pebbles (hydroton) will be my choice of growing medium.
-Room will be framed, then nailed to the frame will be plywood unless suggested to do otherwise (would like to go a cheaper route if possible).
-Walls will be covered with mylar but will only be covered from the flow tray up.

Now for some questions.

MOTHER/CLONE ROOM:
First off, I need to figure out how to set up my mother/clone room. I was thinking about doing the classic 2 layer set-up with the clones above the mother on another level. I'm going to need 20 solid clones every 2 weeks or 60 every 6 weeks. I would prefer every 2 weeks so the bud would be more fresh. Now with that being said, how many mothers would I need to provide that? What would be sufficient lighting to make that possible in that amount of time? And, what would be the best grow method for those mothers?

AIR/VENTILATION:
My room is 128 cubic ft. so I figure I would need an exhaust fan that could move something around 512cfm. I read that it needs to be able to remove the air from the room 3-5 times in one minute. If anyone knows better, please let me know. I'm assuming my intake fan should move just as much. What type of fans would you suggest? Blowers, cans, etc. How are these fans actually cooling the room when their taking air from inside the room or outside? Is it possible to keep the light and room cool with one intake and one exhaust fan? And do I need more fans due to a carbon filter? I am so lost when it comes to ventilation.

METERS:
I am finding meters out there that test for pH/EC/TDS, pH/PPM/TDS, pH/TDS/Temp... which do I choose? Or should I go with the pens? Is there a way you can set it to release ph Up or Down when it's necessary?

CARBON FILTER:
What size should I get for a 128 cubic ft. room?

TIMERS:
Is it possible to set-up my light and pump on a single digital timer?

CO2:
Should I wait to install CO2 till my second time around or does it make a significant difference to where its worth getting for the first grow? Tank or boiler?

I am terribly sorry for all the questions cause I'm sure a lot of you will say do your research. I have! I have been doing it for sometime now, but from just reading, I have obtained such a variety of opinions. Now I'm trying to narrow it down to what I'm looking for and seeing if anyone is willing to help. Thank you to anyone that throws me some advice! Keep it real. :lama: <--- haha thats too funny. They say its supposed to be a lama?

P.S. I just picked up three diff strains in clone form the other day and I was curious if I could get some public opinions/reviews on them. I have Hash Plant, Super Glue, and Lambs Breath.

wow lots of questions for one post my friend..as i read what you wrote...he thing that stuck out to me was the 512cfm fan...why so large when area is 128cf.. ? i have a simular size flower room and use a 512cfm...But that is also my intake..remember intake (low) exhaust (high)..

cant help in Hydro sorry..and ventilation will be a large part of the grow..

Here is a good place to start. Good luck

http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9396

i just spent $2500 on my new room and i want to change it already. look at the thread "NORTHERN FARMER STADIUM GROW" just BELOW remember you could do a mini stadium.

Latest posts

Back