very bottom leaves

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DRGnzo

Reaction score
The very bottom leaves of some of plants are turning yellow and/or spotted yellow. Room temp is 78-80, 34-38 humid. watering every other day or when dry. please help we are rookies. thanks.:)

Hi! Welcome...

I am new too, so can't help except to maybe save some of the people who can help you some time.

They need more info. They need you to look at the stickies and know what info to give them. Soil or Hydro? Kind of soil? Container? Lights? Nutes?

Look at the resource guide for asking for help.

And most of all they want to see pics...

are these plants toward s the end of flowering ? or still in veg ,,,but its quite normal to loose the very bottom leaves ,,

but yes yoga is right we need all the info and pics would be great for a correct diagnosis :peace:

we are using black gold soil in 2 and 3 gallon black pots. 1000watt yellow hps light on 24/7 30 cm from top of plant. we are using basic nutrients mixed in with the water. we are in the the start of our 7th week in veg from seed. Here are some pics, hopefully this helps. The third plant I am concerned about the curling of the leaves, any thoughts there?

197.JPG

199.JPG

204.JPG

If I would have to take a guess it is either ph is off or a heat/temp problem

they look very nice :D

one thing you left out was the ph ,,,,allways check this esp when a problem arises ,,once you know your ph is right then u can look to other reasons ,,,for soil it should be around 6.5-6,8..

it could be a mag def ,,,slight nute burn ,,or a ph problem ,,,:peace:

DRGnzo said:
we are using black gold soil in 2 and 3 gallon black pots. 1000watt yellow hps light on 24/7 30 cm from top of plant. we are using basic nutrients mixed in with the water. we are in the the start of our 7th week in veg from seed. Here are some pics, hopefully this helps. The third plant I am concerned about the curling of the leaves, any thoughts there?
:angrywife:you need to PH and Keep it Simple !!!! :hubba: :cool: :holysheep: Put your Mojo On It !!!! Petes 20-20-20- Big Bloom !!! Hows the Clones ?? Is that White Widow !!! Or Mojo #9

okay, so after testing soil ph's they are high.:eek: The highest ph tested is 7.4 in plants in pics. Others are 6.8 how do we bring down soil ph levels.:confused:

DRGnzo said:
The very bottom leaves of some of plants are turning yellow and/or spotted yellow. Room temp is 78-80, 34-38 humid. watering every other day or when dry. please help we are rookies. thanks.:)

You're going to loose some leaves to natural attrition, particularly at the bottom--they've given their all and their life spans are over. When you're into late flowering, your bigger leaves will look like hell while the big fat colas look marvelous.

Are you watering too often? That's an easy one to muck up. I wait until my girls look down right sad and droopy before I water. It hurts you at first to watch them in such dire straights but it does wonders for aerating your roots.

Luck and peace.

Latest posts

Back