*PICS* hydro grow going good, but at 3 weeks, whats up with some of my fan leaves?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
first pics are of my homebox s. its about 2.6'x2.6' and has a lumatek/hortilux 400w. Strains are bubblicious and blue mystic.

two small fans, one cooling, and one educting fragrant air to a carbon scrubber.

And the big tent is a sunhut silver xl, its 54"x54"x7'.

lumatek/hortilux 1000w

two vortex 450cfm fans on each side of the light, one pushing and one pulling.

one 330 cfm exhausting warm stinky air through a scrubber.

one 330 cfm active intake with speed control to keep negative presssure.

All plants are clones from a Sensi Seeds Skunk#1 momma i had.

This setup is friggen sick for growing, temps, ha, i laugh at high summer temps, my home a/c is all i need, which i run anyways.

ive got 16 or 17 plants in there SOG.

TENT FARMER FOR LIFE

download-1.jpg

download.jpg

download-2.jpg

Bonez,I got this thread "pics pics pics" in general indoor growin.The thread is lookin 4 good lookin ladies like yours.

DirtySouth said:
Bonez
Yes G.H. floronova is 1-1-1 but lacking macro/micro-thus B-52 and your strait in the game.

Dirty Im not saying your wrong, especially if Bonez is using 0 ppm water but Floranova bloom is 4-8-7 with Ca and Mg, S and Fe.

Ive never needed Cal Mag, my water is not 0 ppm though.

Flushing the medium when ya have problem can never hurt, the medium is meant to be inert so like Turkey said its just starting fresh.

You can tell if you needed a flush or not by adding 0 ppm water and letting the system cycle a few times, then take another reading if the ppm is rising than cycle a few more times and check it again until the ppm's stop climbing.

Im just afraid if hes got a build up there is some lock out accuring blocking the uptake of the Ca and Mg.

Growdude said:
Dirty Im not saying your wrong, especially if Bonez is using 0 ppm water but Floranova bloom is 4-8-7 with Ca and Mg, S and Fe.

Flushing the medium when ya have problem can never hurt, the medium is meant to be inert so like Turkey said its just starting fresh.

You can tell if you needed a flush or not by adding 0 ppm water and letting the system cycle a few times, then take another reading if the ppm is rising than cycle a few more times and check it again until the ppm's stop climbing.

Im just afraid if hes got a build up there is some lock out accuring blocking the uptake of the Ca and Mg.

1 thing Growdude each strain is nute specific.The seeds only as good as the parents(great parents not as much nute problems.Strugling parents,struggling offspeing).Each strain is nute specific,some need a bit of this,some a bit of that.I bet you add supplement w/ cal/mag in,or are so fine tuned in hydro plant builds a good supply B4 the first couple weeks in flower!

Growdude said:

Well growdude, i dint cycle the 0ppm ro water ph'd to 5.8 more than once, rather let it circulate for about a half an hour and move the pots up and out of the water and then slowly set them back in the water up to the base of the stem, i checked my tds in my res from the return water and it never even registered on my Truncheod ec/tds/ppm meter, but it could have been at least 50 ppm without the meter telling me.

To be honest, Flushing in ebb and flow is essentially unheard of in the middle of flowering in hydroton, sure its porous, but the flood cycle aids in the prevention of salt buildup.

So far lucas hasnt let me down, im just trying to diagnose a problem and according to my variables, im doing everything right, but lucas never said that using only floranova would allow for any def's.

yo dirty, how long ya think before i see some good results? im sure this is going to cause my yield to suffer big time, so that sucks.

my temps are spot on, but do you think that my plants are in too high of a ppm since the RH is 57% which is high in the spectrum of slowing transpiration, meaning i may want to lower my tds?????

also, my 1000w light is only about a foot and a half from the canopy, but i cant tell if its bleaching or being burnt from the light, i use two vortex 450 cfm fans to keep the light cool, so the plants arent light stressed from heat, and the lumen output isnt greater than the sun.

ya adds like 1-2 weeks.Not to sure bout RH and tds.Do know that lowering will do more good than bad IMHO.Ur grow ur the man.When leaves sweat the leaf takes on a crimpped look.Kinda 3d lookin.Had that prob bout 1 week ago,sorry no pics.
Turkey and dude have nice yeilds,I believe they advised a drop in ppm.Sounds good to me.Jbonez is the "new growth" a bluish green lookin?That would mean drop 4 sure.Total necrosis is beyond a lil nute burn,IMO.
This is 1 of those catch 22's where more could mean less.If there is a lot of crinkled leaves and burnt tip edges less nutes.If its just 1 here and there I feel u caught it in time.When I'm in the midst of veggin I wait 3 dayz to see how she reacts.If in 3 dayz the leaf necrosis has not came to a slow,this ain't it!Looks to me like it can be stopped,as I stopped it!

yeah, my ppm is at about 1300, so ya think it would be a good idea to lower to say 1000ppm?

Sounds like a winner.Is the problem persisting,it is lights on here,just thought maby there also

Yes I would drop it down.Wish the pics would up load.I'd show you some "experiment"I abanded as I thought my buddy was wrong.I grew clones they way I thought was right,seeds his way.2nd week into flower,ALL BAD.Tried to scramble and fix,just waitin till the next batch can fill the space,lmao.Looks like ****.
Maby the server is even to embarissed to show em,sure is tellin me in progress a bunch.

yeah, do you think that the pics i posted could be nute burn? im making some ro water right now, in about an hour im gonna drain the res a bit and top off with ro water, maybe that will help. Hopefully the calmag will help.

and yeah, some of the smaller plants and most of the taller plants new growth is very dark green. Prob upped the ppm a bit too soon. hopefully the calmag will help, ive never seen calmag cause any problems.

My way is /was your way.Floranova grow/bloom.I figured it clames to have it all.You can see the results.
The other is the same Flora series only less per A.N. supplements.Mind you this is from day 1 of vegg(1 st rootings for clones,1st root for seed.Basicly day 1)
Pathetic I know.I can remove the necrosised leaves but only speeds things up.Ever see pics of buds w/ lil or no fan leaves.Same person w/ remove b-4 pic 2 look good I guess.This is a common problem on here,I just got lucky 1 man saw potential in me and dropped some knowledge,its helped me out.Can't tell cause of hps yellow,but the new growth is lookin good.
Like I said as soon as The next clones are bigger,the burnt ones will be gone.Altho even tho it looks like ****,Sticky icky smells bomb!

his ways better 003.jpg

his ways better 002.jpg

ok, i ran my system with phd ro water , didn t register any ppms in the res either after it was done.

Some how, some way, ive developed a phos, mag, or zing def, not sure exactly whats causing it. i hear mg needs a ph of 5.8 or uptake will mot occur.

JBonez said:
ok, i ran my system with phd ro water , didn t register any ppms in the res either after it was done.

Some how, some way, ive developed a phos, mag, or zing def, not sure exactly whats causing it. i hear mg needs a ph of 5.8 or uptake will mot occur.

Brother bonez I would never mislead you.I've NEVER hit 5.8 on my current Bubba,Cheese run.No defientcy.NEVER HIT 5.8 ,if that where true they'd be burnt to hell.You have 2 many issues.PPM 2 high for DRY HEAT,IMO.Your locking those nutes out!OR CHECK CALIBRATION of oh pen
That seems kinda misleading.I do KNOW its better to let the ph drift a bit,I drift from 5.5-5.79,seems to work.Each plant has diffrent requirements even from the same batch.
Tonight is night 2,see how they look w/ the cal/mag and lower ppm's.Gonna look good I'd bet.

A big misconseption about R/O water is the 0-50 ppm of the water.Most people do not know what that means.A 0 on the ppm scale is nul and void af ALL NUTES & MINERALS.What happens if you don't replenish thes "nutes" is the R/O actually draws said nute from the plant.
So no cal/mag in 0 ppm r/o is russian roulette,if you will.The plant needs much cal/mg(more mg then cal) @ early stages of flowering.Growdude never knew cause his water is not 0 ppm,so the cal/mg is there,he's unknowingly overcame the lack of cal/mg in the floranova mix cause its in the water with out knowing of the issue.
cal/mg,micro and macro MUST be added to R?O water inorder to have a happy root syster.IMHO

yeah, well so far all the new gowth looks good, just the middle fan leaves where i fear the damage is done, but it seems like there is pleny of green foliage to finsh out producing enough energy to get these buds to swell up.

i will adjust my ph when it rises, usually a point at a time. Righ now my res is at 900ppm with 50ppm of that being calmag

My RH is 54 percent right now, so maybe transpiration will run its course more efficiently this round, i just want these babys to make it.

my temps never flux more than 76-81 during lights on, and the intense light may also me causing them to make use of more nutrients, depleting them faser.

My light can sit about a foot on top of my canopy with no heat stress, its just very bright and the plants unde it seemed to get bleached oand then burnu up by eating them selves or some kind of lack or lockout.

Latest posts

Back