Anybody use a supercloset before?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Much better- Now ya just need a light from the same site. I'd suggest a HPS for tighter growth and less stretching. Plus you can use the same light through vegetative stage and also during flowering. Or for a few more $$ you can get a switchable kit that can do MH for veg and HPS for flower on the same site. HTG Supply used to mail a free lighting timer with orders, but I think they stopped. I got one a month ago.

600w and 1000w HPS

Depending on the Medium or Large tent - i'd get a 600w or possibly a 1000w respectively. The 1kw will be hot tho. Both should allow you to grow 6-12 plants without too much crowding.

Put some good ventilation to combat the lamp heat ( I'd go with an air cooled hood btw) and you're just about set with a top notch grow cab for a 1/4 of that supercloset.

Then you'll need to go to lowes for a few small things
Depending on the lamp air cooled flange size, you could buy Dryer flex hose ( like $10-15 for 6') this comes in 4" tho...
Small roll of "duct" tape, not the Duck tape. May not even need this tho.
An inline fan of similiar diameter - 250cfm is good( or you can buy duct reducers, but I would not drop below 2 inches of the hood flang. So if it's a 6" flange, buy a 6>4" reducer. The fan hooks up to your light and blows cold air over your bulb and out an exhaust vent outside of your cabinet.
A grounded ext. cord or two if needed
A a smallish/medium fan to put in the box to stir the air inside

Bought wraps it up, besides soil, fert, pots, etc. But that's way cheap.
Read a few grow journals, or the Grow room set up section. My 1st grow is pretty DIY and low cost.

Hope this helps

Type_S150 said:
Ok, Im thinking about getting a supercloset, but I want to make sure it works. Its going to be too dificult to ventilate the areas of the house I want to grow in, so Im thinking about buying a closet. It claims I can grow 11 plants 4.5ft tall. This would be perfect for me. Its a little expensive, but I dont really have the time and tools to build my own. For me, this would be well worth it. I just want to know if it works good. Thanks.

http://www.supercloset.com/

Did anyone actually read up on that side2side model they have, in that link. It reminds me of that informercial that comes on about an oven or some ****, "set it, and forget it!!!!". That "set it, and forget it" attitude is what we all need.

Although I don't like how the light moves from chamber to chamber, acting as real "day light"...(sunrise and sunset) its crazy. The only shitty thing I noticed was that the light could not be lowered closer to the plants.

So I rate this product as a 9 out of 10. Smoke on...

Mr.Unsleep said:
I got one a month ago.

600w and 1000w HPS

Depending on the Medium or Large tent - i'd get a 600w or possibly a 1000w respectively. The 1kw will be hot tho. Both should allow you to grow 6-12 plants without too much crowding.
Thanks for all the info. 2 quick questions for you. With a set up this small would I be able to plug everything into a heavy duty power strip/surge protector using 110/120? Also, i see you picked one up, how is the smell/noise? Would I be able to tell you were growing if I walked by your bedroom?

Yes. My house smells like fresh growing bud. But you know, I could care less. It's a nice welcome when I come home =) I like the smell, and no one really knows any better, becuase there's usually weed smoke in the air anyways- I smoke alot, and when people come over, we smoke alot too =) I may build my own Ona tub or Carbon filter pretty soon tho, becuase holidays are coming up, and I would just be more respectful.. Most people know I smoke tho.

My veg side doesnt smell usually, and my flower side wreaks. Especially after the light comes on or off.

Noise:- well I'm using 3- 20" box fans to start- so there is a little noise. But I have everything on a master switch if I need to kill everything quickly. Your cab shouldn't make much noise at all tho. Inline fans run pretty quite and a small oscillating fan is barely heard as well.

And as far as power, You should be fine with everything plugged to a power strip on a single 15amp circuit. As a rule tho, never top 85% of a circuits amp rating. So 13 amps is max I would go. Your light and fans and such will not even come close to that. If questionable, add up your amp usage on that circuit - Flip your breaker for that room, find any appliances that are now off, and all that information is listed usually on the back, or on a schematic on an access panel. You could do this mathmatically, but easier to just check the appliance.

Shouldnt be an issue, unless heavy appliances are on the same line, e.i stove, dryers, ac unit, etc, but those should have their own dedicated circuits anyways.

I have 1kw, 400w, 5-6 fans going in my closet and never had a problem yet.

Mr.Unsleep said:
Yes. My house smells like fresh growing bud. But you know, I could care less. It's a nice welcome when I come home =) I like the smell, and no one really knows any better, becuase there's usually weed smoke in the air anyways- I smoke alot, and when people come over, we smoke alot too =) I may build my own Ona tub or Carbon filter pretty soon tho, becuase holidays are coming up, and I would just be more respectful.. Most people know I smoke tho.

My veg side doesnt smell usually, and my flower side wreaks. Especially after the light comes on or off.

Noise:- well I'm using 3- 20" box fans to start- so there is a little noise. But I have everything on a master switch if I need to kill everything quickly. Your cab shouldn't make much noise at all tho. Inline fans run pretty quite and a small oscillating fan is barely heard as well.

And as far as power, You should be fine with everything plugged to a power strip on a single 15amp circuit. As a rule tho, never top 85% of a circuits amp rating. So 13 amps is max I would go. Your light and fans and such will not even come close to that. If questionable, add up your amp usage on that circuit - Flip your breaker for that room, find any appliances that are now off, and all that information is listed usually on the back, or on a schematic on an access panel. You could do this mathmatically, but easier to just check the appliance.

Shouldnt be an issue, unless heavy appliances are on the same line, e.i stove, dryers, ac unit, etc, but those should have their own dedicated circuits anyways.

I have 1kw, 400w, 5-6 fans going in my closet and never had a problem yet.

also... when you are finding out what the rest of the branch circuit is when you have the breaker off, tape off any dead plugs that develop too. you don't want to be plugging in a vacuum cleaner or somthing into an already maxed out circuit. if anybody asks why the plugs are taped off, just say cuz the recepticles are screwed -- you just haven't gotten around to fixing them yet. ;)

appliances utilizing a motor draw a lot of current at start up, so keep that in mind.

Thanks everyone. Im thinking I may use (2) 600w bulbs, will that be a problem electrically? Will I need to run ore power to the room?

Should be good with 2 600watters. Might get a little hot in your cab, but you could try it with great ventilation. I use more power than that and you should be fine.

Type_S150 said:
Thanks everyone. Im thinking I may use (2) 600w bulbs, will that be a problem electrically? Will I need to run ore power to the room?

a 15A circuit can take about 2500W of power on it safely.

you need to watch this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avipzVVmpL8

watch the whole series.

this is a great basic overview that you can refer back to as often as possible. You can build anything for 1/3 the cost to buy. After building you will have a thorough understanding of your system and how it works.

You will also save yourself enough money to invest in a 1000W digital HPS for superior results.

Spend more up front to save money in the longrun(no need to keep upgrading and wasting money replacing)......but spend your money where it counts most. The lights.

peace

So what is the difference between a "digital" and a regular 1k light?

Type_S150 said:
So what is the difference between a "digital" and a regular 1k light?

I believe what he is talking about with digital, is the ballast. ie.. the ballast is controlled with a digital timer, rather than a manual one that relies on an external timing control for the power supplied to the ballast. digital have them built right in.

but... I'm always stoned, so I could be wrong. good thing I'm not an on-call doctor :hubba:

I bought a super closet before. Their grow cabinets are fantastic. If you want a roomy area to grow plants, then I highly suggest going with the super closet series. I personally bought mine from a company called dealzer. Not sure if they are the same company or not, but the customer service was fantabulous. The selection was quite big as well.

GrowFast said:
I personally bought mine from a company called dealzer. Not sure if they are the same company or not, but the customer service was fantabulous. The selection was quite big as well.

Huh almost 3 year old thread?

spam.jpg

No idea. I was looking around and ran into this thread. I just got the super closet around January of this year from dealzer. I know the closet has space for 24 plants, but there is more than enough room to grow more herb. Herbs don't take as much room as tomato plants, for example. So I called albert from dealzer and asked him to custom build the same container to hold 48 plants. I tried it out and it works great. The net at the bottom is very strong as well. I know Albert had mentioned that the other boxes were very popular on his site, but what got me to go for the super closet was the quality of the goods (16 gauge steel) and the strong net thing at the bottom. Of course, the closet is huge as you can tell, but I threw this puppy in my garage so space was not an issue. Anyway, thought I would share my positive experience (and my other positive experience $$). Hope it helps.

im building one my self
its alot cheeper than that
and mine has its own
electric panel and gfis (plugs)
just trying to find a proper irrigation (drip)system
for soil
only growing 4 plants

FrankDAnna said:
Did anyone actually read up on that side2side model they have, in that link. It reminds me of that informercial that comes on about an oven or some ****, "set it, and forget it!!!!". That "set it, and forget it" attitude is what we all need.

Although I don't like how the light moves from chamber to chamber, acting as real "day light"...(sunrise and sunset) its crazy. The only shitty thing I noticed was that the light could not be lowered closer to the plants.
hydro.gif

So I rate this product as a 9 out of 10. Smoke on...

I use the SuperCloset myself and it has been wonders. I'd like to change a few things about it, or at least I thought I did, but it worked great as it was so I stopped worrying about the small stuff. They've been doing it for awhile, so I'd imagine it's all for some reason.

wow just reading some of the post i cant belive how much money people are spending on grow stuff.ok i have a 40x40x78 grow tent/box 400w/hps and cooltube.this was my frist setup.minus the tent.what i,am trying to say is the blast and light i maid myself and it cost me all of $100.about a week ago i went on ebay.and i got the 40x40x78grow tent,400w digital blast with 3 stage dimmming 50%/75%/100 %power.cyclone 6"440cmf fan.all for $200 bucks.and i did this in a ruch.wish i had look around a little more.just for the tent,but its here and working.i can get 12/3gal pots in this space.i,am just saying go on ebay and cheek it out.i got all my things in 3days.it took longer for the beans to come three weeks.so i had every thing up and running.with no seeds,they came yesterday.if you want to spend 2,000+you can have a killer set up.so do your self a faveor and go to ebay.

Latest posts

Back