first time.. grow setup

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
good idea.. question.. i understand what alternating nodes are.. but what does that mean? is it ready to flower once it has alternating nodes or what?

allllllright... well i started to flower the clones.. they have been flowering for 5 days now.. they are very little and i really hope that ill be able to tell sex from them.. my other plants are geting kinda big and ready to be flowerd.. one of my clones has really taken off with the rooting.. the other has just begun to root.. the one that is doing really good has been in the cloner for 2 weeks 2marow... the other one has been in the cloner for 1 week and 2 days..

im hoping i can tell sex in the next 2 weeks so i can move my plants to the bud room, take 4 clones.. let the clones grow while the others bud... and when they get done flowering.. i will germinate my Purple Haze seeds and get them going while the batch of clones is in the bud room..

thats all i have for now... Heres a few pix

Clone1 07.jpg

Clone1 08.jpg

Clone2 03.jpg

Clone2 04.jpg

heres where im at.. i put the plants into flowering on 3/24 i also took 4 clones, 2 from each plant, on 3/24... i have the clones in the bubbler and a dome over them.. the light is about 2 foot away... the plants are on 12/12 and i switchd the Nuts to the flowering mix... i also started germinating my Haze seeds... so in a few weeks i should see some buds... CANT WATE... got a few pix of how i switchd up the grow closet for flowering

a.jpg

b.jpg

c.jpg

d.jpg

by the way these 2 plants have been in veg for 9 and a half weeks now and are pretty big.. so i topd them hoping that they would stop growing tall

ite.. my pants are 3 weeks into flowering now... one of them was a dude so i had to kill him... the other one is flowering pretty nice.. looks and smells great.. HUGE 2... my clones are 3 weeks old also and just started to take off.. i started giving them nutes about 2 weeks after i took them... there lookn great now..

A.jpg

B.jpg

C.jpg

D.jpg

E.jpg

F.jpg

Nice setup. Just remember roots hate lights, if that bin is clear like that you might want to wrap it with some tape or something. Good looking system

thanks Dizoelio.. yea i have a peace of cloth wrapd around it.. i think im going to sprey paint it black tho cuz im tired of keeping that cloth on it.. and i cant find any real reason to keep it clear..

Hey just wonering how long you are going to keep the clones in the bubble cloner? I think you could have planted them a while ago. Also you might want to move your light closer than 2ft. Looking good!

yea the lights... i just move them up for the pix.. they actualy stay rite above the plants.. i try to keep them very close to keep the plants from growing tall... the one that i am budding now i had to use strings and stuff to hold it down and bend it all over tha place.. it was only about 2ft short of the top of my closet when i started budding it.. so now its taking up 2 much space.. but U live and U lurn rite... the new plants are alot shorter than my first one was at the same age so its lookn pretty good so far

the clones i plan on keeping in the bubbler all the way thru veg (another 4 weeks) and then all the way thu flowering also (another 8 weeks)
im gonna make another bubbler to take clones from these plants b4 i bud them and just keep doing it over and over... i donno how well its gonna work to leave them in this bubbler.. but im gonna try it anyway seeing as how i really dont have space for a bigger container... the tub only holds 2gals of watter... i change the water ever week.. new water, new nutes.... when i go into budding i might change it more often.. maby 2ce a week.. not sure yet...

This is my first time ever growing anything.. my friend gave me some seeds and said "U should grow that stuff" so i looked online and made a lil set up.. so i love geting any advice...

Pic of the lights.. about 1-3" away from tha plants at all times

0422071442.jpg

Sounds interesting, I will certainly be watching your grow to see how the bubbler works out all the way through.

5 Weeks old.. they drink about 2gal of water every week now.. i also topd them like a week ago.. but i didnt cut the whole shoot off.. i left about 10% of it... seen it done that way somewhere and figured id try it..

0428071559.jpg

0428071559a.jpg

0428071559b.jpg

0428071601.jpg

wow. looking good. what did you use to cover that bin so that light wouldnt get to the roots? How much money did it cost you to set up that bubble cloner?

the tupperware was about 10 bucks... tha air stones i guess about 15 or so... and the pump was like 14 so about 50 bucks in all id say.... and i just put some felt i had layn around on it 2 keep the light from getn to it... put mylar on the top to reflect light.. im maken another one now.. just bought some blue tupperware this time insted of clear

yea ive seen them on a few web pages and in the local hydroponics shop.. but i want to grow from clone all the way thru harvest in mine so i just built it to my needs

heres the plant i have in flowering at week 5.. the buds arnt that big but im using fluros.. the pix are crapy but the best i could get with my phone.. also the pix are of buds from lower parts of the plant.. the upper parts of the plant have bigger buds.. U cant see but on the buds and leaves there are a ton of cristals.. its looking pretty good for bagseed...

0430070255.jpg

0430070256.jpg

0430070256a.jpg

also fri night i was pretty drunk and had no bud so i picked a few of the smaller buds and smoked um.. wow they had me blisterd.. cant wate till its done

how high do you fill the water to on the bubbler, and how many gals can you grow at one time?
will you flower in the bubbler too? Will that be big enough for four ladies roots, all the way to harvest?how often do you change the water?
i ask as i have all the equiptment to build one, as i have a few aquariums.
i`d like to give it a shot.......any chance of taking me through the process of manufacture?
cheers,:bump: :cool: Shuggy

when U cut clones and stick them in.. U fill the bubbler so its a few inches below the bottom of the clone.. U dont want it in the water just kinda close.. U can stick as many in there as U want.. U could pop 209823082 holes in the top and clone that many if U want.. it will work great to root them if U want to transplant them later.. i only did 4 cuz i plan on doing the entire grow in it.. i am gonna flower these 2 plants in the bubbler.. not sure how great its gonna work but we will find out.. the 2 plants i have in there now are 6 weeks old.. they are big but it still holes 2gals of water so no prob with space so far.. hopefully it will be big enough all the way thru harvest.. for the first 4 weeks i changed the water 1 time a week.. for the past 2 weeks i havent changed the water but just added a gal 2 times a week.. the 2 plants now will **** the bubbler dry in about 4 days..

Ok so here is how i did it.. first i found some glue that would work good for being underwater all tha time... i scrachd up the place on the bottom of the tupperware where i glued tha rocks.. Then i glued the air stones to the tupperware... next i drilld 4 1/2" holes in the top of the tupperware.. i cut like 2" sections of 1/2" air hose and stuck them into the 1/2" holes.. then in the side of the top i cut a strip wide enough for the air hose to fit thru.. i cut this section out so when i take the top off for whatever reason.. i dont have to deal with the air hoses being in the way.. and thats pretty much it.. i also cut out a peace of mylar and taped it to the lid so it would reflect light..

BC - 01.jpg

BC - 02.jpg

BC - 03.jpg

Latest posts

Back