1' x 2' Micro Grow Box

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
CFL's and HPS in flower...four cfls in veg (might wanna see if you can get a lil more in there).
Looks like your rockin and growin. :aok:
Lovely peice of furniture ;)

Yeah, I figured I would need more in the veg box. It's plenty for cloning but I have another 23watt CFL that puts out 1650 lumens. That should do it.

Flower box has 2 -13watt CFL's and a 70watt HPS. More than sufficient I think, lol.

Hey Mutt,
I was wondering, would it be possible to move this post to the grow journal forum? It's kind of fits in both forums, what's your opinion?

tough call bro....DIY or Journal was what I was thinkin. you let me know. ;) Great craftsmanship man. this a cab to be proud of. :cool:

Well, I was planning on keeping this going until harvest but there doesn't seem to be to much activity on this post anymore.
Maybe I can start a new post on the flowering portion of this grow and add a link to this post? This post does have a great deal of grow "box" setup and design. :rolleyes:

Just checking in....... Haven't had too much time lately to browse the boards......

Looking great on the boxes. Lots of luck to you on your grow.

How about starting a new grow journal thread and link this thread to it. See ya around........

Will update my journal 2nite with pics so check in later.

PB.......... :)

Hey Haze just put it in your signiture ;)

I think I have this down but I'm not sure. I calculated the energy usage according to the light cycles. Feel free to correct me if this is inaccurate.

Here’s the breakdown of what’s on 12/12:
70 watts HPS
26 watts CFL (2 @ 13 watts each)
16 watts Exhaust Fan
112 watts per hour
1344 watts per day
41664 watts per month based on 31 days
41.664 kilowatts per month

Here’s the breakdown of what’s on 24/7:
20 watts Circulation Fan
75 watts CFL (4 @ 13 watts & 1 @ 23 watts)
18 watts Exhaust Fan
113 watts per hour
2712 watts per day
84072 watts per month based on 31 days
84.072 kilowatts per month

41.664 + 84.072 kw = 125.736 kw used per month based on 31 days
The average rate per kilowatt in my area is .10 cents

125.736 kilowatts @ .10 per kilowatt = $12.57 US per month:D

hazewarrior said:
Well, I was planning on keeping this going until harvest but there doesn't seem to be to much activity on this post anymore.
Maybe I can start a new post on the flowering portion of this grow and add a link to this post? This post does have a great deal of grow "box" setup and design. :rolleyes:

I would keep going till harvest. It would be a complete journal IMHO.
Start from scratch....build it....run it...grow it...bud it....dry it....cure it.
Start to finish. Great for a first timer to read. ;)

......" The bones have spoken!!! " :huh:

I will continue this post until the end, whatever that might be. Here is a timeline of the grow so far.

7/6 Day #1 (introduced rooted clone)
7/20 Day #15
7/25 Day #20
8/6 Day #32
8/12 Day #38
8/20 Day #46
8/27 Day #53 (5 days into bloom)
9/1 Day #58 (10 days into bloom)
9/9 Day #66 (18 days into bloom)

7_6.jpg

7_20.jpg

7_25.jpg

8_6.jpg

8_12.jpg

8_20.jpg

Bloom day18 016.jpg

BEAUTIFUL SET UP ... what are your costs of buying everything.. becuz im planning on doing something like this but not with hydro yet. Just indoor soil plants... my dad is a handy man fixes houses and **** so hes got alot of junk I can use.. but i was wondering cause if i go brand new i wanna know the price ranges

qwe, I never thought of that and I'll tell you why. I worked in retail property management and on more than one occasion I would find stuff on walk troughs, inspections and demos. I can tell you what I do know…

The 2 cabinets were given to me as part of a 5 piece entertainment center
70watt HPS - found it ( I think I can get them at Home Depot, Pot Belly knows):confused2:
6 - 13watt CFL’s - found them ( I did see 23watt CFL’s at Big Lots for $1):eek:
4” TOYO FAN - came with the entertainment center
4” DAYTON FAN - hydro store, $26
4” Climate Keeper Fan - Big Lots, $8
Mylar Roll - hydro store, $21
2 - Rolls Foil Tape - Home Depot, $16
2 - Rolls Weather Stripping - Home Depot, $6
2 - Power Strip - Big Lots, $6
Outdoor Timer - Home Depot, $25
Some extra cardboard, wires, screws and black plastic that I had in the garage

I think that about covers it? I spend about $108 for materials but I think the whole box can be done for under $200 US. The trick is finding the ideal cabinet. Just get creative..... but safe!

WOW, today was a hot one, it got up to 112‘.:holysheep: I had the AC set to 80’ but it never got lower than 83’.

Here are some pics of the cabinets after I added the 23watt CFL to the veg box. (same ones at Big Lots for $1) It's up to 75watts @ 7250 lumens. Check out this calendar that I decided to use for the grow. These things are great because you can reuse them. I used it with my closet grows because it keeps things in perspective. I have my doctors note hanging next to it but I smudged all the information out, sorry. :cool:

Anyways, 10 days into bloom and things are going well. Two days ago I added the recommended dose of Bushmasters. It seams to have done its job because it stopped stretching.

cabinets.jpg

veg cfls.jpg

veg cfls close.jpg

cal.jpg

day 10.jpg

day 10_2.jpg

ktownlegend said:
i was wondering about that stuff, my hydro shops got it too. along with some other humbolt county stuff, called purple max and something else. but regardless keep up the good work, look forward to some updated pics

the other one is called gravity....it's a finisher that helps buds get a density that they normally wouldn't have....i've used gravity and bushmaster in the recent past on a couple different strains and had great success with both....i've been hesitant with purple max....it even tells you on the bottle that it's still an experimental formula....i've personally found the easiest way to get purpling is to use cold water in the last couple weeks when you flush....it does slow plant growth a small amount but you can bring out some nice fall colors in your plants....

and very nice cab Haze....i've been using the bottom of a terrarium i have for mothers and cloning....your setup has me a little bit envious....

I know people try all kinds of things to turn thier buds purple but I’ve never done it myself. I think it’s funny when people are like “ DUDE, I GOT SOME DANK PURPLE BUD “ I don’t have the heart to tell them that it is most likely purple because it was stressed.:giggle:

Using cold water during the flush seems harmless enough. I think I’m going to try it. Does anyone know if that would effect the potency of the bud? Has anyone ever used water color? We used to do that as kids.

I use a bloom enhancer by Botanicare called Hydroplex. I think it was designed to do the same thing as Gravity? I’ll look for Gravity at the hydro store and give it a try. :watchplant:

if you do the cold water flush be warned it usually takes from 4-7 days longer to finish....i've tried a little experiment with only flushing half my crop with cold water to see if potency was affected and i could not tell a difference....only thing was that the cold flushed half took right at 7 days longer to finish....though they did show a lot more reds and purples than the regular flushed....it almost looked like 2 different strains with the same growth pattern when they were harvested....

and while it is still a form of stressing the plant, i think it's one of the least stressful....that is when compared to outdoor crops that spend multiple weeks with the entire plant in suboptimum temps for extended periods....if you water at the beginning of the light cycle the roots are usually around normal temps within a few hours....

Sorry to ask this question in this thread but....how cold do you keep the water? Frig temp? and when should you start adding it, week or so before harvest?

I'm going to leave the temp. question to flesh.

The flush will be determained by the plant and I don't think it will take too long because of the size of the pot and the fact that it is hydro. I've never done a cold flush so I can't give a solid answer, sorry?:confused2:

where did u get ur lights?not the actually bulb,but the lamps themselves?

Philly, I found the 13watt CFL’s and the 75watt HPS. I got the 23watt CFL from Big Lots for $1.:D

OK, here are some pics of the grow. You can see the damage from the Malathion on the lower portion of the plant. All the growth after that is nice and healthy.:hubba:

It’s DAY 15 into bloom. Anyone wanna take a stab at the harvest date? It’s a White Russian clone that would stand about 18” if it wasn’t trained.:rolleyes:

Bloom Day 15 001.jpg

Bloom Day 15 003.jpg

Bloom Day 15 007.jpg

Bloom Day 15 010.jpg

Bloom Day 15 012.jpg

Bloom Day 15 017.jpg

Bloom Day 15 018.jpg

Bloom Day 15 026.jpg

Latest posts

Back