Operation: En Zed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Is this thread boring?

• Yes, Dry too.

• No, I like dry reading.

• I'm stoned, Everything is intreresting.

Results are only viewable after voting.

The Effen Gee

Movin' on up!
Reaction score
Sorry folks, no pics as of yet....having some upload issues.

I just comletes this today and wanted to get it posted.

Each plant has been closely photographed since sprouting.

I am trying to make this operation as detail oriented as I can stand.

Here is were I am at so far, just use your imagination;

These are the Twelve plants I am growing from some seed I got while I was in New Zealand. I can remember little about the but that they came out of but I am

certain that these are hybrid strains from an outdoor crop.

From what I can remember the smoke was good, could have been a little more potent but satisfying nonetheless. I remember one particular bag (of three) where

the bud was really dark in color. Darker green than normal and was undeniably from an outdoor crop.

Plants are 12 seed's successfully sprouted in less than 5 days.

Plants were germinated under florous for 3 weeks.

Plants were brought outside in natural sunlight as much as possible. A minimum of 5 hours of natural daylight.

plants have been under 18/8 cuycle for 1 week.

Plants are under both 400w MH and 400w HPS lights in a well ventilated grow room.

Plants are approx 28in from lights and all have a short and stalky stature at this time.

Temp is currently maintaining aronud 67-77f and humidity is low. I currently have no barometer.

Plants have been fed a mix of essential vitamins, 2 drops of superthrive about a week ago. I use brown sugar when I water but not when I feed.

@ week 4 all plants have 4-5 developed nodes and one in development.

All plants are healthy and a dark green color. Some exibit a bit of burning at the leaf tips, this is due to the ferts they were given once and may have been too concentrated.

All leaves have a semi shiny and waxy apperance. No signs of discoloration.

Plants are in a 1pt container and become dry within 2 days.
Transplant planned for week 5 or early week 6.

All plants will be grown in organic soil, using organic ferts, nutes and hormones.

I will feed them as much as they need. No more, No less.

The point of this particular operatioon is to select plants who posess superior genetics in respect to the group. Of these they will be carefully

cross-pollinated (if possible) and the process of creating a fresh hybrid from overseas will commence. Consider this to be the selection process for a

special forces unit, not all will be selected.

The proposed Two strain names from this operation:

Strain #1: En

Strain #2: Zed

If things go better than planned there may be a third or fourth created depending on the sex outcome.

Other proposed strain names:

Strain #3 Kiwiness

Strain #4 42 Below

=============================================================================================================================================================

Following list is of observed individual Phenotypes:

=============================================================================================================================================================

PLANT #1::

[Week 4] [Sex: Unknown] [possibility for production: 50%]

Small and compact plant, with a droopy but healthy stature and a nice proportioned stalk.

Green thinner leaves...not thin enough for a 100% sativa in my mind but enough to be a hybrid.

Average to smaller sized leaves than the group.

Stems show some purple streaks, but not too intense.

This plant is at this time one of the shortest in the group.

This plant has a mild skunky tone at 4 weeks.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PLANT #2::

[Week4 ] [Sex: Unkown] [possibility for production: 50%]

This plant is of the taller in the group, with a reaching and vigorous stature. The stalk is a tad bit thinner than the siblings so far but healthy still.

Green leaves that are what I would say average to wider broadness. Possible indica heavy hybrid.

Leaves are average sized for the group.

Stems show dark purpe streaks through the top half.

This plant at this time is among the taller in the group.

Plant has a mild canna-ish aroma.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PLANT #3::

[Week 4] [Sex: Unkown] [possibility for production: 50%]

This plant is average sized in the group. Internodes are closely packed to gether and off branching is vigorous. Stalk is thick and healthy.

Green leaves that are what I would say average to wider broadness. Possible indica heavy hybrid.

Leaves are average sized for the group.

Stems are green and show no coloration at this time.

This plant at this time is among the taller in the group.

Plant has an unkown but plant smell at this time.

PLANT #4::

[Week 4] [Sex: Unknown] [possibility for production: 100%]

This plant is and has been the tallest and fastes growing plant in the group. Not only the tallest but most impressive looking. Hoping for a female on this

one, but male genetics will be saved in that event. Stalk thick, healthy and well proportioned.

Green leaves that are a bit lighter colored in the group. Also some of the largest.

Leaves ae average width of the group, suggesting many indica traits.

Internodes are some of the best spaced in the group so far. Off branching is healthy and proportioned.

Stems show some purple streaks that are barely visible at this time.

This plant has a smell similar to PLANT #2. Unkown canna-ish

PLANT #5::

[Week 4] [Sex: Unkown] [Possibility for production: 50%]

This plant is average size in stature, similar to most of the others in the group so far.

Green leaves with average width for the group.

Internodes are closer spaced but not crowded, approx 1" apart. off branching is small at this time.

Stems show some purple coloring on the tops.

This plant has a bit of a stronger canna-ish smell.

PLANT #6::

[Week 4] [Sex: Unkown] [Possibility for production: 100%]

This plant is the other of the bunch that is of interest to me.

This plant is 2nd tallest and most impressive in the group. It stands out from the others in many ways. It has a strong and reaching stature.

Green leaves that are short and stubby in appearence and much wider than the others.

Internodes are perfeclty spaced 1 1/4" apart. off branching is healthy with wide little leaves.

Stems are dark purple colored all the way around. Coloration is from stalk to leaf and solid. Leaf stems seem thinner than the others as well.

This plant has an interesting smell that I cannot determine at this pont.

PLANT #7::

[Week 4] [Sex: Unknown] [Possibility for production: 50%]

This plant is average to a bit larger size in stature, similar to most of the others in the group so far.

Green leaves with average width for the group.

Internodes are closer spaced but not crowded, approx 1" apart. off branching is small at this time.

PLANT #8::

[Week 4] [Sex: Unknown] [Possibility for production: 50%]

This plant is larger size in stature, similar to most of the others in the group so far.

Green leaves with average width for the group. Leaves are a bit longer than the other similar plants.

Internodes are spaced a little closer for the taller plants, approx 1" apart. off branching is small at this time.

PLANT #9::

This plant is among the tallest in the group. It shares most of it's charachteristics from PLANT #4.

Leaves are green in color but a bit thinner than the rest. Suggesting some sativa traits.

Internodes are spaced closer at the bottom than stretching out to the top. Ranging from 1" to 1 1/4" twards the top.

Stems show puprple coloring on the tops that appears to be in development and will darken over time.

This plant smells like dried sativa at this time.

PLANT #10::

This plant exibits the most common traits in the group. But of these traits is has the best of them.

Stalk is healthy and proportioned.

Green leaves that are skinny and longer in nature. This may suggest either a heavy sativa or sativa traits are more dominant inthis particular specimin.

Internodes are evenly spaced with respect to the plant size.

Stems show little or no coloration at this time.

This plant has little or no smell.

PLANT #11::

This plant appears to be the same strain as PLANT #6.

The only difference is this plant is a bit shorter.

The internodes are spaced closer than PLANT #6, but the new leaves seem just as wide and stubby.

This plant has developed some purple coloring in the stalks, seems to be filling in more as the plant ages.

This plant has a strong skunky smell. Almost smells as good as dried skunku weed already.

This plant is the strongest smelling inthe group.

PLANT #12::

[Week 4] [Sex: Unkown] [possibility for production: 50%]

This plant is among the smallest and slowest growing in the group. Untill recently this was the shortest plant out of the twelve.

Green leaves that are similar in size to the average in the group but a bit stubbyer. Possibly of the same family as PLANT #6 and PLANT #11.

With only 3 developed internodes 12 is the slowest developing in the group.

Stems are colored dark purple and the stalk is starting to develop some purple coloring as well.

plant has a weak smell similar to PLANT #6 and PLANT #11.

Information will be updated weekly unless a drastic change occurs.

OK,

Here are four huge images taken three days after the initial Phenotype post.

I apologize for the enormous size but alas the forum will not let me attach fules to my posts...or upload images at this time.

I want to get pics up because they are growing at a phenominal rate for being displaced and un-climatized for my hemisphere.

...interesting

I am open to questions and criticism, both positive and negative.

(unless it is about manicures...)

AAAAATheTwelve017.jpg

AAAATheTwelve010.jpg

AATheTwelve006.jpg

AAATheTwelve012.jpg

i think they are looking great....check the link in my sig for slowing strech. it will help the the growth down and let you keep the light closer to more foilage.

keep um green man!

I am planning on stretching them out a bit. They are really sooting up now.

At least 1/4 to 1/3 of an inch PER DAY.

I have the proper height.

My grow room is shaped like a huge reflector box so the higher i raise the lights (Pully systems are great!) the more surface area I use and all light is kept in a small area.

It's really my best room ever.

I fed them their first guano tea last night, within hours I noticed some yellowing at the leaf edges so I flushed them with my magic flush mix.

Also while bringing them back inside from basking in the sun, I dropped a flat.

It flipped right on the plants when it landed. Horrifying.

PLANT #1 suffered a fracture that almost severed it completely just above the first node. I built a support/splint/isolating device out of copper wire and some rolling paper gum edges to bandage. It is expected to make a full recovery.

**WHEW**

scary stuff.

Wow. Lots of information. Thats great though. They definitely look great though. Very healthy and lush. I wish you the best of luck on those and I hope everything turns out nicely. Keep us posted and I hope to see some new pictures soon. Until then, grow it big my friend. Take care.

Got a while before that happens...

I will be producing new strains from this operation. Stay posted for detailed descriptions of my methods of selective breeding.

Should be useful to the novice like myself!

This is a breakdown plant by plant of observations as of 11-03-2008 for operation En Zed.

Mission Statement: My goal is to produce seeds for further breeding purposes and stabilize a strain of my own creation. While utilizing selective breeding to
refine and produce the best I can get from what I have now.

-The short term goal is to successfully produce seed for future use.

-The long term goal is to acclimatize and stabilize two or possibly three strains of Cannabis that were collected from 2 possibly 3 separate locations while
traveling down under.

-The operation goal is to produce a one of a kind strain from fresh genetics from overseas. This strain will be named: En Zed.

These three strains will be labeled STRAIN A, B or C. Strains that are in question will be labeled C/B or B/C depending on visible traits at this time.
I have named the strains almost in regards to where the bud was obtained and a brief description of what I can recall from that particular cannabis.

STRAIN A: 42 Below, Wellington NZ

{BUD}

-Indica
-Possible indoor grown
-Organic
-Pleasing to the eye
-Dense smelly nugs with substance
-Stony weed, couchlock, paranoia, elevated heart rate (Smoked a blunt)
-Production Priority: A

[PLANTS]

-fat dark green leaves with a stubby look
-Leaves are very waxy
-Stems are dark purple
-First to pre-flower by a day or two
-Most resilient to nute burn (Nitrogen burn)
-Some of the largest in the group

STRAIN B: K-Street, Auckland Highlands (Rich neighborhood) NZ

{BUD}

-HYBRID, Sativa Heavy.
-Outdoor
-Organic
-Darkest green I have ever seen
-Heady conversational

[PLANTS]

-Thin bright green leaves with an almost skeleton look
-leaves are not too waxy, more of a soft appearance
-Stems are green
-Later and least results as far as sex goes thus far
-Seems to be more sensitive to overfeeding
-This group contains the tallest and fastest growing plants in the crop

...Then there are a few which exhibit traits of both A and B Groups. I am Uncertain to this as the plants are still in 5 week veg and ranging in size from 8"
to 13". I will call this strain TUI BUD.

Some have some minor leaf burn at the tips due to an accidental over feeding of bat guano tea.

They have been flushed and recently transplanted to their finishing pots.

All roots observed were healthy, white and vigorous.

All stalks are fat at the base and strong.

All plants have at least SEVEN nodes at this time all have a compact but comfortable stature.

All plants have been under 18/8 for two weeks now.

I am about to give the second shot of ferts this week. I will report the results.

Here is a coded breakdown of group, observed sex, strain, group and possibility for breeding:

The <- arrow represents PRIME crop.

[PLANT#1] SEE ATTACHED INCIDENT REPORT

[PLANT #2] [GROUP: B/C] [SEX: FEMALE 100%] [STRAIN: UNKOWN] [POSSIBILITY FOR BREEDING: 100%]<-

[PLANT #3] [GROUP: B/C] [SEX: MALE 50%] [STRAIN: UNKNOWN] [POSSIBILITY FOR BREEDING: 30%]

[PLANT #4] [GROUP: B] [SEX: FEMALE 100%] [STRAIN: K-STREET] [POSSIBILITY FOR BREEDING: 100%]<-

[PLANT #5] [GROUP: B] [SEX: UNKNOWN] [STRAIN: K-STREET] [POSSIBILITY FOR BREEDING: 50%]

[PLANT #6] [GROUP: A] [SEX: MALE 100%] [STRAIN: 42 BELOW] [POSSIBILITY FOR BREDING: 100%]<-

[PLANT #7] [GROUP: C] [SEX: MALE 50%] [STRAIN: TUI BUD] [POSSIBILITY FOR BREEDING: 50%]

[PLANT #8] [GROUP: B/C] [SEX: MALE 50%] [STRAIN: UNKNOWN] [POSSIBILITY FOR BREEDING: 100%]

[PLANT #9] [GROUP: B] [SEX: UNKNOWN] [STRAIN: K-STREET] [POSSIBILITY FOR BREEDING: 100%]<-

[PLANT #10] [GROUP: B] [SEX: MALE 50%] [STRAIN: K-STREET] [POSSIBILITY FOR BREEDING: 50%]

[PLANT #11] [GROUP: A] [SEX: FEMALE 100%] [STRAIN: 42 BELOW] [POSSIBILITY FOR BREEDING: 100%]<-

[PLANT #12] [GROUP: A] [SEX: FEMALE 100%] [STRAIN: 42 BELOW] [POSSIBILITY FOR BREEDING: 100%]

Incident Report:

[PLANT # 1] [GROUP: C/B] [SEX: UNKNOWN] [STRAIN: C/B] [POSSIBILITY FOR BREEDING: 0%]

Plant #1 suffered a catastrophic fracture that almost completely severed the plant above the first node. I dropped the flat while transporting outside.
Terrifying.
Although PLANT #1 has survived with the help of a wrap or a cast if you will, consisting of the gummy edge from a zig-zag and a splint/support system...it
has almost stopped growing completely, probably using its energy to repair the damage. Nonetheless this plant is far from showing its "Privates" and I have
No use for damaged goods here. Nonetheless, if it is a female I will flower and expect slightly more potent bud.

PLANT# 1 also seems to smell a bit more danky than the others...perhaps it is screaming in agony....

-All plants are under both MH and HPS lighting. I use brown sugar in my water and organic ferts and nutes only.
-Grow room temp fluctuates between 65 low at night and 78 high during light.
-My climate is relatively dry so humidity is not a worry for me. No need for a barometer.

If you would like any further information I will be happy to accommodate.

Stay posted for pics.

...it all started with 12 little seeds and a dream...

'Sup Effen Gee? If your plants turn out like the sticky Khron I got going on in my EnZed backyard then your in for a treat my boy!

Keep it up & keep it green!!!

I find this kind of inspiring G! What does En Zed stand for??? I have got to know man!

I wish you the best on your quest!

En= N Zed= Z for NZ or New Zealand, Where the seeds came from.

Operation: En Zed

I will be updating soon....theres soo much to report.

I waited two weeks for the next update so I could sort a few things out as far as my future plans with which plants.

Here is a boring list of what is as of now 100% certain and final:

[PLANT#1] [DEAD] [SEX: MALE]

[PLANT #2] [GROUP: B] [SEX: FEMALE 100%] [STRAIN: K-STREET] [POSSIBILITY FOR BREEDING: 100%]<---- CLONES TAKEN

[PLANT #3] [GROUP: B] [SEX: MALE 100%] [STRAIN: K-STREET] [POSSIBILITY FOR BREEDING: 100%] OUTSIDE

[PLANT #4] [GROUP: B] [SEX: FEMALE 100%] [STRAIN: K-STREET] [POSSIBILITY FOR BREEDING: 100%]<--- CLONES TAKEN

[PLANT #5] [GROUP: B] [SEX: FEMALE 100%] [STRAIN: K-STREET] [POSSIBILITY FOR BREEDING: 0] SENSIMILLA CROP

[PLANT #6] [GROUP: A] [SEX: MALE 100%] [STRAIN: 42 BELOW] [POSSIBILITY FOR BREDING: 100%]<-- OUTSIDE [PRIME BREEDER (STAG)]

[PLANT #7] [DEAD] [SEX: MALE]

[PLANT #8] [GROUP: B] [SEX: FEMALE 100%] [STRAIN: K-STREET] [POSSIBILITY FOR BREEDING: 0%] SENSIMILLA CROP

[PLANT #9] [DEAD] [GROUP: B] [SEX: MALE] [STRAIN: K-STREET]

[PLANT #10] [DEAD] [SEX: MALE 50%] [STRAIN: K-STREET] [POSSIBILITY FOR BREEDING: 100%] RAPID LEAF BROWNING AND SIGNS OF POSS VIRAL INFECTION

[PLANT #11] [GROUP: A] [SEX: FEMALE 100%] [STRAIN: 42 BELOW] [POSSIBILITY FOR BREEDING: 100%]<--ONLY 42 BELOW FEMALE. TO BE BRED DIRECTLY WITH PLANT# 6 BREEDER MALE<---CLONES TAKEN

[PLANT #12] [GROUP: B] [SEX: FEMALE 100%] [STRAIN: K STREET] [POSSIBILITY FOR BREEDING: 0%] SENSIMILLA CROP

I will be making seed from this crop and the next crop as well.

I have recently come into posession 10 BUBBA KUSH seed's, and will be freaking those genetics as well. Stay tuned for my trials in plant to plant grafting. Next few grows I might give it a whirl.

THese plants are well exceeding my wildest expectations for a crop that was grown in a radically different climate.

Strain K STREET seems to be better suited for outdoor crop due to its vagorous and rapid growth, flowering development seems a hair slower than 42 BELOW. The leaves and stature of the plant hind to a heavy sativa influenced hybrid. Tall branchy stature with long thin, but not too thin fingers with weird double toothed look. Some purpling in the leaf stems but not much.

I am expecting K STREET to be a decent yeilder, I have to LST ALL the K STRET plants because they just keep getting bigger and bigger!

Not really a distiungishable smell, to me they smell like any other early flowering cannabis plant.

42 BELOW has a stature similar to a GDP crop I did years ago...
This strain is hopefully INDICA dominant and a good medical strain.
The plant has such a short and stalky stature, even the male that has been outdoors for three weeks now has a short, thick healthy but rugged look and amazing color and stalk thickness.

I can't wait to get pollen from him and get a few leaf specimines, for pressing and framing later...

42 BELOW at this point appears to be a decent indoor strian, as it has received just as much love as her sister strains, just has a shorter more compact stature than the rest.

The leaves are a bit darker green and much shorter and stubby, this strain also was first to show sex, both male and female.

skunky sweet smell.

All six girls are extremely thirsty.
Dry pots in three days.
Remarkable.

[BREEDING PLAN]

This is tthe final match up list for who's "gettin' laid" and who's not:

[PLANT 2]-
\
> [PLANT 3]---- K STREET (GEN 1) {UNSTABLE}
> |POSSIBLE SATIVA HEAVY HYBRID|
/
[PLANT 4]-

[PLANT 5] \
[PLANT 8] > - sensimilla crop
[PLANT 12] /

[PLANT 11] > [PLANT 6] -----> 42 BELOW (GEN 1) {UNSTABLE}
>|POSSIBLE INDICA|

{K STREET} \
> [EN ZED] [STABLE] (GEN 1)
{42 BELOW} /

UPDATES AND INFO AVAILIBLE UPON REQUEST

Any help in ID of these strains would be appreciated, I have named them because I have no idea as to the original name and doubt being able to find out.

Here's some pics from today:

DSC03243.JPGDSC03244.JPGDSC03245.JPG

DSC03246.JPGDSC03220.JPGDSC03235.JPG
DSC03231.JPG

Week 2.75 flower

Growroom got a makover.

Boring update on Tuesday, Lots to report.
Hopefully soon I can try to ID some of what I got, or at the least some traits of other strains.

If you recognize anything about what I have it would be a big help. I have just given them names to tag them with a location of where the bud was purchased.

So far, these plants are growing like few I have seen, setting aside they come from a completely different climate...and much better air.

I have taken a set of clones from three of the females and will be regenerating the originals. I have decided to keep the originals as long as I can and keep them untill I run out of space and plant them outside for a final last hoorah outdoor grow.

This is after I graft a few Bubba Kush branches to them though...

And harvest at least 100 seed from each original.

From today:

DSC03247.JPGDSC03248.JPG
DSC03252.JPGDSC03253.JPG
DSC03256.JPGDSC03249.JPG

DSC03250.JPGDSC03251.JPG

Darn TEG you have some mighty fine plants there buddy. And an amazing writeup on your grow. Wish to be this knowledgeable in the future.

Latest posts

Back