I am way to HOT

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tcooper1

Reaction score
I am having a BIG problem with heat.I have 2 oscillating tower fans,2 "oscillating small round fans,My intake and exhaust is "air flow 465 cfm's plus on the intake I have 165 cfm Dayton blower buster fan..There is only 1 90 degree bend each fans duct work..AND MY ROOMS ARE STILL AT HIGH 90'S....Please help I am at wits end....I have research and I did what everything said to do...What am I missing????:hairpull: .I cant afford a cool tube is there anything else I could do.

Thank you all so much for your help that you have given me in the past.I have learned so much from you .I keep learning from this site.Without you I truly would have lost my girls a few times..... and I thank you for it....

Unfortunately I do not have air cond.I would have no where to put it without knocking another whole in the Landlords wall...They are cool with everything but I already have, moved...added and moved again trying to get the right thing going so it isnt so hot.I know they wouldnt mind but I have 4 large wholes in their walls leading outside already......thank you so much for your help I dont know what to do without spending money(alot) and no wholes.I mean the whole thing I could do if I really really had to...but....

Is there any possible way you can bring in some fresh air from outside?? Maybe later when your lease is over pay a drywall tec to come fix your needed holes. Stop at nothing, and achive the greatest you can. Peace and Love!!!!!
Roken.

any bends in ducting drastically reduce the efficiency of inline fans so if possible try maybe hanging inline fans differently so as to eliminate this.

i for example even have one of my 6" rvks suspended by some rope on its side venting out through my roofspace and the attached ducting out of my flower room is more or less in the vertical position.

pkj

sorry missed that bit are the ballasts in the room if so if you can have them outside the room this will lower temps as will directly pointing one fan at each ballast if they have to stay in the room and do the same with lights directly aim fans at light bulbs.

this is something i do always.

i even use digital ballasts which run cool compared to conventional ballasts but even then i have one small deskfan on full power aimed at ballasts.

pkj

you could make a cool tube, there is a link in the resources section, you can pick up a bake around on ebay for under $20.00

parkingjoe said:
sorry missed that bit are the ballasts in the room if so if you can have them outside the room this will lower temps as will directly pointing one fan at each ballast if they have to stay in the room and do the same with lights directly aim fans at light bulbs.

this is something i do always.

i even use digital ballasts which run cool compared to conventional ballasts but even then i have one small deskfan on full power aimed at ballasts.

pkj

My ballasts are in the rooms...Taking them out asap....thank you definitely going to do what ever it takes.

brushybill said:
you could make a cool tube, there is a link in the resources section, you can pick up a bake around on ebay for under $20.00
I thougt I saw that link and then couldnt find.I will look again...I couldnt find it last night before I posted this thread.....
thank you so much now that I know there is a thread I will look harder...I thought I was just seeing things:holysheep: .....thanks again

Roken said:
Is there any possible way you can bring in some fresh air from outside?? Maybe later when your lease is over pay a drywall tec to come fix your needed holes. Stop at nothing, and achive the greatest you can. Peace and Love!!!!!

My intake and exhaust is hooked up to outside.I want to achieve what ever it takes.. but money is a problem...I am poor white trailer. trash....LOL just kidding...I dont even live in a trailer.anyway Money is a issue but I look on ebay and Creigs list ect. ect. for fans and air cond.
thank you so much for your help.

brushybill said:
you should see a significant heat reduction, magnetic ballasts get pretty hot

Thank you so much...I never thought of the ballest being hot...In my other rooms they were out side of the rooms...I should have thought of it....thank you again....You have help alot
have a great day

I think you should make a cool tube--the difference in heat between an air cooling and not is substantial. I could never keep my room temps in line if I didn't air cool my hood.

I think the Pyrex bake arounds are superior to the hurricane lamp glass because is is tubular and easier to connect to. When connecting ducting, fans etc to a cool tube, the best fitting is a plumbing fitting called a "no-hub coupling". It consists of a stainless steel band with 2 hose clamps and a rubber sleeve. I didn't use the rubber sleeve part because I though the heat might be too much. I'll look for a good link to constructing one.

there is a good cooltube diy by bearfootbob, but i dont know how to give you the link, maybe one of the mods can help you out

The Hemp Goddess said:
I think you should make a cool tube--the difference in heat between an air cooling and not is substantial. I could never keep my room temps in line if I didn't air cool my hood.

I think the Pyrex bake arounds are superior to the hurricane lamp glass because is is tubular and easier to connect to. When connecting ducting, fans etc to a cool tube, the best fitting is a plumbing fitting called a "no-hub coupling". It consists of a stainless steel band with 2 hose clamps and a rubber sleeve. I didn't use the rubber sleeve part because I though the heat might be too much. I'll look for a good link to constructing one.

Thank you so VERY much....I knew if I came here for help everyone would help!!!!!
I have all these great things to do for my rooms....GOING TO DO THEM ALL.....If I do everything that has been sugjested I should be OK!!!!
thank you all so very much.....Going to look for barefootbob now...LOL
Have a great day and thanks again...this site is the best

Your welcome Sista have a great day & good morning to ya to

are you sucking the hot air away and bringing in fresh cool air or recirculating it in relating areas?

if your giving fresh air you will need cooling brother....

Latest posts

Back