Elvens first grow area build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What is the best hydro method to keep a mother

• DWC

• Drip

• Ebb & Flow

• Aeroponics

Results are only viewable after voting.
OK I did some more work this weekend. I got as far as I can with the materials that I had on hand. Below are the work that was finished this weekend.

base complete.jpg

1. The complete base just a 2x4 frame to give a basic shape

frame complete.jpg

2. basic internal frame setup just some 8' 2x4's put together at a right angle and secured with 3" deck screws' and a 4 inch steel bracket to secure it to the bottom frame. This picture is all 4 complete and attached. Don't they look all cute crooked and stuff like that :D:D Gods you would think I was stoned while building :eek:

one side done.jpg one side done bottom.jpg

3. This is one wall up. The outside walls are made of 3/4 inch MDF attached with 1 1/2 inch deck screws.

second side done.jpg both walls done inside.jpg

4. This is both walls done, the other wall is about 2 inches shorter than the first wall to give room for the sliding door. That is what I am going to do next.

inside corner.jpg

This is a close up of how the 2x4 frame is connected.

I am hoping to have more done next week. I will update as often as I do some work. Thanks for reading and I look forward to comments :D:D

OK after 2 days of working on it this is the update that I have for you MP!

Lower Door Rail Closeup.jpg

I cut a 1/2 inch x 1/2 inch corner off of two 4x4's to make 2/3rds of the track for the door.

Lower Door Rail Other Side.jpg

You can see that one side of the box is shorter that the other side. For the sliding door.

Lower Door Rail.jpg

A picture of the whole lower rail. The upper rail is exactly the same.

Door with Lower rail attached.jpg

I put a 2x4 across the outside of the 4x4 rail to complete the track for the door.

Door with Upper Rail.jpg

I did the same thing for the upper rail.

Rail Closeup Lower.jpg

Here is a closeup of the lower rail.

Rail Closeup Upper.jpg

And a closeup of the upper rail.

Door Lower with Door Closed.jpg

The door is 1/2 inch MDF I did not take a picture of the right hand cap, its two 2x4's on right angle with 2.5 inch deck screws holding it together. I made another one for the actual lock side (left)

Door Upper with Door Closed.jpg

Same thing but the top.

To Be Continued Below :D

Continued from above.

Door Closed.jpg

OK so this is the door closed. You will notice the large opening, that will be covered by the locking side. (see below)

Door Closed Upper.jpg

Same thing just different view.

Door Open.jpg

OK I took two flush mount hinges and attached them to the outer rails and then to the other 2x4 right angle that I made (see above post)

Door Fully Closed Lower.jpg

OK with the locking side closed this is what you can see. (not much) :D

Door Fully Closed.jpg

Again different angle.

Door Fully Closed Side.jpg

From the side. See no pantie lines :D

lower back pannel outside.jpg

OK did a cutout for the pole and screwed it on with deck screws.

lower back pannel inside.jpg

Same thing but from the inside.

OK one more post should do it (damn I am tired)

Attachments

• Door Fully Closed Upper.jpg
    Door Fully Closed Upper.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 36
OK This is the last update for right now

Back with Vent Removed Temp.jpg

OK so had to take the vent off for right now (good thing its 102) I wont need to use it for a while

Back almost complet no vent yet.jpg

Inside view

See No Vent.jpg

Soon there will be ceiling

Let There be Ceiling.jpg

Attached 2x4's across the top using right angle metal pieces. with 3/4 inch MDF on top.

Let There be Ceiling 2.jpg

I am going to have to seal the sides of the top before I grow :D

Let There be Ceiling 3.jpg

Another View

NICE dude! Man you have been working your butt off thats for sure! Lookin good! Your a handy man. :D

ya bro im having a very similar idea to the style of box that im about to make for my closet box i was gonna head over to the local home depot tomorrow to get supplies. but im planning on using 2x2 to conserve some space do u think that that would be strong enough to make a frame out of then to screw in 3/4 particle board to it? cause my original idea was to use some 2x4 but im trying to conserve as much space as possible do you think the 2x2 could support a frame 2'4 x 2'4 x 7' w-d-h

TokeWithHope said:
ya bro im having a very similar idea to the style of box that im about to make for my closet box i was gonna head over to the local home depot tomorrow to get supplies. but im planning on using 2x2 to conserve some space do u think that that would be strong enough to make a frame out of then to screw in 3/4 particle board to it? cause my original idea was to use some 2x4 but im trying to conserve as much space as possible do you think the 2x2 could support a frame 2'4 x 2'4 x 7' w-d-h

as long as your frame is strong the plywood will just make it stronger. I like to do things overkill :D. it makes me happy to think that I could hang a half a cow in there and smoke it :eek:. No not like that. I would say you have to use screws. I think it should work fine. wood is fricken expensive. the 2x4's were on sale so thats what I used.

Hey Elven, Why not put the res outside of the grow area? Gain a little more room for grow. Just my .02

smoky anda bandit said:
Hey Elven, Why not put the res outside of the grow area? Gain a little more room for grow. Just my .02

Actually each one of those containers is going to be the res and the Aero system, one for flower and one for veg. No muss no fuss :D. Thanks for stopping by.

Whoa, it looks like you've had your work cut out for ya...It's a great DIY imo man...thanks for stoppin by my grow buddy :D , can't wait to see what's goin' in there :D ...got anything in mind???

tn_toker420 said:
Whoa, it looks like you've had your work cut out for ya...It's a great DIY imo man...thanks for stoppin by my grow buddy :D , can't wait to see what's goin' in there :D ...got anything in mind???

Well right now my local delivery guys have a rotation of clones White Widow, Grand Daddy Purple, OG Kush. So I am hoping to do them all over the next few months. I hope they have OG Kush or GDP when I am ready to go. :D

Awesome build job buddy..Keep it up..lol

alright thanks ya i just went and picked up the 2x2 today to start to build the frame and later on im gonna buy the particle board. i know wood is very expensive! but i bought 7 2x2 8 foot long for 12 dollars at home depot and they are pretty good quality as well!

TokeWithHope said:
alright thanks ya i just went and picked up the 2x2 today to start to build the frame and later on im gonna buy the particle board. i know wood is very expensive! but i bought 7 2x2 8 foot long for 12 dollars at home depot and they are pretty good quality as well!

Thats great I cant wait to see what you build. I am not sure how handy you are, but if you dont want to cut the plywood you can have holmes depot cut if for you. it might cost a few extra dollars but you know the cuts are right. just make sure you measure before you go so that the cuts are right.:D Good luck

Blend No. 420 said:
So what's next? I'm taking notes so keep us updated. :confused:

Well next is going to be the vent and then its to making it as air tight as I can. Once that is done I will be building a few shelves for storage. I am hoping that in two weeks I will be ready to start my grow. :D

Latest posts

Back