Elvens first grow area build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What is the best hydro method to keep a mother

• DWC

• Drip

• Ebb & Flow

• Aeroponics

Results are only viewable after voting.
ya i got all the tools to cut and believe i am handy enough to cut a straight line haha. so im savn that money lol. but i also just got a can of primer today from home depot it looks great i got it originally to help keep mold and what not out of my box but it also is an odorless paint which will help get rid of odor inside the box so its a win win! im excited and hoping that it works. sounds great for stealth grows

TokeWithHope said:
ya i got all the tools to cut and believe i am handy enough to cut a straight line haha. so im savn that money lol. but i also just got a can of primer today from home depot it looks great i got it originally to help keep mold and what not out of my box but it also is an odorless paint which will help get rid of odor inside the box so its a win win! im excited and hoping that it works. sounds great for stealth grows

I think the primer is a good idea. after I use silicon to fill in all gaps for air tight, I am going to primer the whole thing. to prevent any mildew issues. I am going to look at some possible clones this weekend. Hopefully I will find the ones that I am going to raise up and cut down. :D

Hey guys I am looking (AGAIN) at my light choices. for my vegitative growth I got two T8 24" with two bulbs in each hood. For Vegetative I was looking at a Lumatek 400w with a cool tube system for cooling. My flowering area is about 3'x3' and I am looking at anywhere from 6 to 9 plants, my question is would a 600w be a better choice or is that pushing lumans per square foot? thanks for the help guys. :D

Elven said:
Hey guys I am looking (AGAIN) at my light choices. for my vegitative growth I got two T8 24" with two bulbs in each hood. For flowering I was looking at a Lumatek 400w with a cool tube system for cooling. My flowering area is about 3'x3' and I am looking at anywhere from 6 to 9 plants, my question is would a 600w be a better choice or is that pushing lumans per square foot? thanks for the help guys. :D
you could definitely pull off a 600! My theory is - the bigger the bulb the bigger the bud! (within reason!!!) I'm using a 1000 in a 4x4 closet. I have an air conditioner to keep everything cool but I'm sure with a 600 w/ a cool tube you can pull it off! Just gotta make sure you can cool it right!

The more light the bigger the buds. If you can vent the hood with a 6" centrifugal fan rated at like 400+ cfm you should be straight. Don't cheap out on your fans, they can make or break your entire grow. You could even squeeze a 1000w in there if you can cool the room with an A/C duct running to the room and venting the cool tube from outside the room straight out the other side.

hate to butt in here.but would it be better to ac cool the light or have the ac going into the tent.with a blower cooling the reflector?just a thought. thanks

Thanks everyone who dropped by :D Andy you are not butting in. Thanks for the advice I have read alot but have no idea beyond my hypothesis. I really appreciate your help and feel free to chime in at any time. My Garage is one of the coolest places in the house, but unfortunately there is no good way to connect to the AC. I was going to run CO2 generators so i was only going to vent the inside of the room 5 to 10 min every hour. For the Cool Tube I was going to run 6" computer fans (I have lots of them) one at each end of the duct one pushing one pulling while the light is on the day cycle. That way my CO2 stays in the box. I am hoping to keep my fan noise to a min, especially since I am going to have a server in the room the computer fans would blend in. Let me know if you think this will work or if I need to rethink.

a six in can fan will be way more efficient. I don't think a bunch of comuter fans will be able to keep it cool unless you use the 400w. A 600-1000w will require a lot of movement.

Andy I just ran an A/C duct straight from the central unit with 6 in duct, and installed a vent in the room just like any other. You should just vent the hood with the cool air in your basement. I just suck straight through the room and it mixes with the cool basement air.

thanks i made the frame for my box two days ago i just have to screw it together put on the plywood, silicon to seal it then paint it with the primer. so im getting closer to finishing my box. as are you

TokeWithHope said:
thanks i made the frame for my box two days ago i just have to screw it together put on the plywood, silicon to seal it then paint it with the primer. so im getting closer to finishing my box. as are you

Start a build journal I would love to see what you are doing.

Elven said:
Thanks everyone who dropped by :D Andy you are not butting in. Thanks for the advice I have read alot but have no idea beyond my hypothesis. I really appreciate your help and feel free to chime in at any time. My Garage is one of the coolest places in the house, but unfortunately there is no good way to connect to the AC. I was going to run CO2 generators so i was only going to vent the inside of the room 5 to 10 min every hour. For the Cool Tube I was going to run 6" computer fans (I have lots of them) one at each end of the duct one pushing one pulling while the light is on the day cycle. That way my CO2 stays in the box. I am hoping to keep my fan noise to a min, especially since I am going to have a server in the room the computer fans would blend in. Let me know if you think this will work or if I need to rethink.

I don't think computer fans will work with that. I'm using 2 4" 172cfm blowers on my 1000w and air conditioning in the room and that just barely does it on hot days. I wish I had a pair of 6". TRUST ME, drop the loot on a 4" can-fan or similar and you won't regret it!

OK everyone time again for a what the hell has Elven been doing with his time update. My electrical is finally done I now have a dedicated 20 AMP circuit for my grow room :D . Great news my 600w Lumatek Digital Ballast arrived :eek: I cant wait to get it lit for the first time. I also picked up a 4"x21" carbon filter and cage fan not pictured yet. I have used 100% silicone to fill in all gaps with the wood before putting down a few coats of primer. Due to my wife not feeling well for a few weeks I am a bit behind in my build. I am hoping to be ready to get my clones by the first week of October. I dont know why it wont let me put my pics in. :confused: so I will get them in as soon as I can.

EDIT: I guess they just dont show up in the preview.

primer side.jpg

Primer and sealed inside.jpg

ballast.jpg

lol ya i scrapped the old box idea and bought a different setup and put a lock on it. haha ill explain more later and ima take some pics of everything tonight! i just got a 600w digital mh/hps from htg. took the 1.5 hour drive haha sped and got there in 45 mins! but ima take some pics of everything later tonight and start a build journal like u suggested!

lookin good my friend,i will followthis from now on.good luck and grow some killlah

andy52 said:
lookin good my friend,i will followthis from now on.good luck and grow some killlah

Thanks Andy :D I am putting some pond lining in the bottom this weekend it will also seal the rest of it. I am shooting for a almost air tight to like 4 or so psi when I am done. that way my CO2 generators will be more effective.

I wish you would hurry the hell up. :D Just playin. But seriously hurry up and get you some babies growin, if you dont than I guess you and da wifey will just have to come to Texas and smoke with me at my house. lol

Sorry your Honey isnt feeling well tell her ill smoke one for her and maybe it will help. :)

TokeWithHope said:
whats this pond lining ur talking about?

I am putting a lining at the bottom to both keep it airtight when I want it that way, and incase I have a spill I can keep about 15 Gallons contained. its just on the bottom and a few strips at the top to really seal the box. I will have pics this weekend.

megan23247 said:
I wish you would hurry the hell up. :D Just playin. But seriously hurry up and get you some babies growin, if you dont than I guess you and da wifey will just have to come to Texas and smoke with me at my house. lol

Sorry your Honey isnt feeling well tell her ill smoke one for her and maybe it will help. :)

Hmm let me mull over that decision, on one hand my own custom grown bud that doesn't cost much. OR I could burn my box and go to TX and smoke some of those huge buds that Megan is growing and hang out with another HOT (My wife agrees also) woman. to be perfectly honest Megan I might just strike a match. :hubba: :hubba:

Latest posts

Back