Puff Monkey's Industrial Grow Room

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think if your in America you need to stay with 120v...
PUFF MONKEY said:
could i just run a 240v 40a line from the breaker box in the house to the lights and run the fans and floros on the wall outlets (120v) ??

So ya have decided to go with the 1000's for sure puff??? Can't wait to see the finished product ...I hope it's a work of art :D ...But man, you're gonna have hella set-up now buddy...but you're goin' with the switchable's tho ??? didn't know that ...let me know hows it goin' ...till then

PUFF MONKEY said:
could i just run a 240v 40a line from the breaker box in the house to the lights and run the fans and floros on the wall outlets (120v) ??

If I were you I would run a dedicated circuit (or 2) to the grow room. Most likely the outlets in the room share a breaker with other rooms. Most bedroom and other living areas have 15 amp breakers. I don't think you want to put a bunch of fans and perhaps cooling/heating equipment on the bedroom breaker. Adequate amperage to your grow room is a must to keep things safe. You have an incredible space to grow, don't scrimp on the electrical needs.

u should be able to squeeze 5lbs. dry out of those 2 1000 watt lights if u have everything perfect.

PUFF MONKEY said:

I know what your sayin, and yes you can.

You would have to run a bigger guage wire (8?, Pro electrical help here??) from the main, on a 40 amp 240 breaker, then run that to a seperate subpanel box. I am not sure what exactally it is called, but it is like a small Main Panel, but with only 4-6 breakers.
From that box have a 20 amp 240 breaker to power your lights with 10 guage wire, and run a couple of 15-20 amp 120 breakers with 12 guage to power your equipment.

I have done this before with no issues, but I do perfer to wire str8 from the MainPanel. I am sure your electrician can tell you a little more.

ALLWaYsHiGh said:
u should be able to squeeze 5lbs. dry out of those 2 1000 watt lights if u have everything perfect.
now thats what i'm talkin' about !!!!!

i got the electrical shtuff figured out...we(my electrician friend and i ) are gonna run a 90amp #2 flat aluminum cable through the attic to the grow room wired for 240v...i'll install a 8-12 circuit breaker box and wire atleast 6 of those circuits back down to 120v for fans and veg lights...i omly need 2 240v outlets for the digital ballasts...and to answer TNtokers question, the lumatek 1000w are not "switchable" per say, but they will fire both types of lamps.

i've also decided to switch to hydro.....i'm buying a 22"x44" ebb&flow system for the veg room and a 4'x6'x6" ebb&flow system for the flower room... whats the minimum size rez for a 4x6x6" table ???? and whats a good GPM pump rating for that size ?

bump....i really need an answer to the last post...thanks

From what i remember its L times W times Depth in centimeters devided by 4 equals gallons. I came up with about 24 gallons. Not sure if its right but thats what i got..

so i'm safe ordering a 40 gal ???? why do they make 120 gal....thats a big flood table

Actually no, i was wrong sorry... I found the formula... Its...
Length (in.) x width (in.) x height (in.) /231=gallons... So
72 (in) x 48 (in) x 6 (in)= 20'736/231= 89.77 Gallons So That would be with the tray full of water. Good luck for you...

right on Puff, incredible! very happy you went E&F and i think you will be too. that will be quite a sight when that table is full with 2kw beamin:hubba:

whats the average veg time in hydro??? 4-5 weeks ???

lyfr said:
right on Puff, incredible! very happy you went E&F and i think you will be too. that will be quite a sight when that table is full with 2kw beamin:hubba:
like i said,...INDUSTRIAL GROW ROOM...:holysheep: Whats the average yield from a setup like that ?? can i look forward to atleast 2-3 lbs. ? i'm going for mega super gnarly quality but a decent quantity would be a really nice bonus

Lookin great Puff.... I have a build in progress atm also... But alas it is hunting season so I guess my attic is on hold till all the deer here are dead LOL..... You are implementing a LOT of my ideas though.

Can't wait to see those monsters start in there. 8)

I had a 2x4 tray, stuffed between 12-21(best yield was 18) of various indica strains, 400w-regular bulb, I always got at least 7 oz with the best bein 9 oz. I dont count the air-buds on the bottom. with all that light you can let yours get bigger, I flowered mine at 6-10in...mostly around 8in. I cant even guess at what you'll yield but i'll find out in a few months;)

Latest posts

Back