Puff Monkey's Industrial Grow Room

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
NorCalHal said:
I take it Puff you have got your flood timing down?

Does the exhaust from the Veg go into the same room as the passive intake?
Thats really no big concern, for a veg and the lighting you have.

But...When you make your 2000w flower room, make sure you exhaust BOTH the room and the Light exhaust out of the house. An attic or some other creative way can work. Just be sure not to place your exaust outlets anywhere near your fresh air intake. And with 2000w, you will want FRESH air from outside, rather then another bedroom if at all posible.
i figured as much on the veg room ventilation, but as for the flower room, i plan on intaking air from the outer room to cool the lights and output throught the attic,ans for the actual room ventilation, i plan on installing a roof vent with a 440 cfm can fan for intake and another 440 fan exhausting into the attic...also it'll be another 440 cfm fan to cool the lights..:D PUFF MONKEY means PERFECTION !!!OH,...and the flower room will have 2 large cabon filters in it to keep the stink out of my attic.

i've also changed my mind on the table size for the flower room...i'm going with 2 3x3x7" instead of a 4x6x6".......i'm gonna need the extra room to work..i love my job :)

also there is a large window 2 ft away from the intake for the veg room..i supose i could skip the roof vent and just open the window..

I would try to have enough fans to clear the air in the grow room at least once per minute. It will help keep heat down and reduce the need for supplemental Co2. Or run a AC unit to keep the whole room an even temp all day

greenfriend said:
I would try to have enough fans to clear the air in the grow room at least once per minute. It will help keep heat down and reduce the need for supplemental Co2. Or run a AC unit to keep the whole room an even temp all day
2 440 CFM can fans will clear the room in about 17 seconds at full power:D

WOW Puff...Up and Runnin' in no time... Those tables are gonna look even better after ya get some purdy ladies up in there :) ... Any update on the seedlings ???

Looking great PM.:hubba: Here's some GREEN MOJO to get them babies going. :aok:

I don't think you are going to need 2 Carbon filters man. Which ones were you looking at?

I am not quite understanding your venting of the flower room.

Lets talk lights first. You are going to have a 6" hole to the outer room which will be your "in" for the aircooled lights., then thru the 2 lights, to the 6" can fan,then exhausting out of the room to the attic. All ducted and with lights sealed. Correct? If this is , that is great. You are pulling air from outside the grow room, thru the lights, and out of the room. You will not need a carbon filter for this set up.

For your Room exhaust, you have a 6" canfan with what Carbon filter? What size? So this will be a str8 run to the attic correct?

So I only see a need for 2 can fans and one filter for the flower room.

The way you have your rooms built, if you leave that window open, fresh air will be constently drawn into the "outer " room. So, you can just make a 6" hole from the flower room to the outer room for a passive fresh air intake. You can also use a can fan to push air in if you already have it.

you hit the nail on the head norcal...cept for the passive intake...by my calculations, a 440 cfm 6" fan in exhausting a 312 cubic ft room will cause quite a bit of negative pressure unless i cut a sqft hole for the intake so i'm adding another for intake to equal things out....i'm not gonna use a carbon filter for the lights..lol..i don't think the filters are rated for 440 cfm..more like half that so i'm gonna use 1 fan for 2 filters and exhaust that into the attic...sound good ???....... ......the fans are only 424 CFM...my bad

THE BROTHER'S GRUNT said:
Looking great PM.:hubba: Here's some GREEN MOJO to get them babies going. :aok:
:eek: :D :eek: MY FIRST MOJO EVER !!!!THANK YOU TBG:D ;) :D

I GOT POT AGAIN!!!!...well, almost..after getting my tds meter and cal solutions i re-calibrated ans started over...here are my sprouts 6 days after busting"ground"....i'm using GH 3 part with diamond nectar,floralicious bloom,grow and i got some chi for the hell of it...my tap PPM is 130 but after i PH'ed it , it went down to 100....is that normal??? how does adding PH crystals lower TDS ???anyway,i try to keep the ph at 5.5 but it drifts upward slightly from time to time..i mix my solutions to a TDS of 600 for this stage and thats it...so far so good...this is really easy ...after initial setup:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: cleaning 150 liters of hydroton in a bathtub kinda sux....btw those are 5" net pots;)

hydrosu 002.JPG

hydrosu 006.JPG

hydrosu 005.JPG

HECK yea puff monkey! All the hard work is starting to pay off!

try and keep pH around 5.7 or 5.8 in hydro setups. 5.5 seems a LITTLE acidic, those babies look a little light green though. After the pH balances out you will notice fast new darker green growth! Don't add nutes yet!

I second that TBG! GREEN MOJO MOJO MOJO!!!!

my ph meter sux !!!!! it's the hanna champs model....i want the other one they make...the red one that reads temp too

also it seems i have to adjust ph after every "on" cycle...what gives????

Latest posts

Back