Overall opinion from members

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Profanity or not, Which one suits you?

• No profanity at all

• Only certain light words can be used

• Profanity like this s**t is ok, where its not spelled out

• Anything goes..

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mrkingford

This morning i took the time to read a 3 page thread started yesterday about the server problem, than that turned into a debate about profanity, then an all out brawl invoked between 2 decent, knowledgable dudes, by time i replied, the thread was closed..................
This thread is NOT to override a MOD and rehash the subject, so to the DUDES involved, please avoid a start up as i only want an overall forum opinion as to really how many people want more verbal freedom here.

I find this forum unique for its ability to run smoothly and without conflict (major at least).
I enjoy learning here and would prefer to avoid harsh words like cursing. Once in a while is ok, but when you open the bag and allow it, can it be controlled ?
Imagine this;
Those opposed to MJ wishing it to stay illegal must surf sites like this.
They can use the FACT other sites allow other DRUGS to be discussed, even assistance is offered to produce these other drugs.
Although, when they come here, they can plainly see persons from all over the globe, different colors,races,religions,etc., all with a common purpose, MJ.
MP does NOT allow politics, religion, other drugs, and YES, no PROFANITY.
Does that show that all MJ users are not into other drugs and can get along in harmony ?
So, this poll is to find out what the members think, oh, if this was already done forgive me, but i did'nt see it, and maybe an updated poll would'nt hurt.................:hubba:

I feel there is no real room for bad language and I cuss horribly. What is unique is you have to think about and then type it in. I wouldn't stop comming to the site but I would miss many threads if there is horrible language and in-fighting. I have said this before that if the majority of this board is stoned why is there arguing of any kind?? :D green for everyone's grow

I have a real potty mouth myself. That being said, I've visited other sites where profanity is allowed and quite frankly the posters there sound rather immature, though they're probably quite intelligent.

This is a terrific site with lots of great members and moderators. Quite civilized. There's just no room or need for profanity.

JMHO.

We let the simple ones go that are like pg-13. but anything beyond that no real need for it IMO. this place is for information. and you don't see those words in like how to guides and such ;)

I think most of us joined MP to get away for the childish games. It just seems that the children are finding their way the the adult table, but have not grown all the way up.
I have said it before but THANK YOU to all the Mods and MARP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back