sick plants

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigpoppafb

Reaction score
i have two plants one in 7 gallon one in 3 gallon one is about 5 feet the other about 4. they just got really droopy and sick looking what should i do first to help them?

bigpoppafb said:
i have two plants one in 7 gallon one in 3 gallon one is about 5 feet the other about 4. they just got really droopy and sick looking what should i do first to help them?
First, you need to tell us all more about what has happened to your plants.

What you've fed them. How often and how much.

What lights you're using.

What type of soil you're using.

That's a start.

ugh they r outside in barndirt i have fed them miracle grow just a couple of times a tbl spoon to gallon

A tablespoon per gallon is way too much fertilizer. I could be wrong, but what do the directions on the box say? They don't say to use one tablespoon of MG per gallon of water, do they?

well it came a big storm the other night alot of rain and wind and i fed them the mg twice about that strong all the leaves are curled up and dying from bottom up they looked like this the day after the storm but there was plenty of sunshine for a day or so then it rained again they lookin worse everyday but they did look better everyday till after i fed them the second time and then it stormed. what should i do? appreciate any help thanks!

i was thinkin maybe they were in shock after the storm but they keep gettin worse. the feedings were a couple weeks apart did good after the first one fed em the second time like a day bfore the storm they were very dry when i fed em cus i try not to hand water just let the rain do it but it hadnt rained for a week or so

well if your going to use garden ferts,use jacks bloom booster,and also his grow fert is great,I know everyone has there favorite,but if you google the best fert to flower marijuana,it will tell you jacks classic,by peters inc.very inexpensive,excellent results,growing plants also need about 1-1.25 inches of h2o weekly,much more during flowering,I have seen outdoor guys use nothing all season and still get good quality,so don't think that because the nutes are expensive there any better than a cheaper brand,its in the numbers folks,npk is what I'm talking about,peters has been making jacks classic for years,long before these so called marijuana type ferts.its mostly good marketing by the company,o.k. done

It would really help if you had pics. You can explane alday bout pics s better they speake a thousand words you know.

Maybe water them when they get dry. MJ drinks a lot of water when they get 4' and 5' tall. Still let it dry out between watering but don't let it get drought dry. That is about the same amount of fertilizer I use per gallon, with no problem.

there is spotting on the leaves there are two differnt plants i will identify if i can first time puttin pics on here thanks for any help

vacation 145.JPG

vacation 146.JPG

vacation 149.JPG

vacation 151.JPG

vacation 153.JPG

vacation 150.JPG

pic 1,2 and 4 r the same plant 3 n 6 the other 5 is some of my younger babies

Terrible english and punctuation. As such that nobody can understand your squabble and chicken scratches you attempt to call writing. Good luck!!

I'll go out on a limb and say they need water. In pic 5 you can see the dirt pulling away from the pot so it needs some fluids. Also, do you have drain holes in those other pots? If not I would highly suggest making some because they will be forced to go through binges where they are flooded with water which suffocates them then once they dry out you get the polar opposite which looks like where they are right now, bone dry.

mountain man said:
Terrible english and punctuation. As such that nobody can understand your squabble and chicken scratches you attempt to call writing. Good luck!!

you ever stop to think that not everyone speaks fluent english?
this is a forums, widely populated from across the planet, not just english speaking locations....
or perhaps, maybe they may be from extremely rural locations where language lessons are not the priority.

either way, since i know you are not perfection personified ( none of us are) maybe a little compassion and understanding might be in order.
who knows, maybe you may need help some day...
and the only one around just might be a squabbling chicken scratcher!

lets just see if we can sort this out for them, that's why we are here, no?:hubba:

those plants scream 'wwwwwwwaaaaaaaaatttttteeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!' and make sure you PH balance it to 6.4 - I personally use an air-stone in a 5 gallon bucket I leave sit over night (since i use tap water) and then PH adjust it, and water the plants. That would probably perk up your shrubbery quite nicely. Also depending on the heat of where you are (the grass still kinda looked alive) you may need to water once every 3 to 4 days (i grow indoor, and my plants actually need water only every 4th day for the big ones, every week for the littl'uns) Anyway, hope my 2 cents helps!

My Temps in the day are at 30 cel and need water every second morning 2 1/2 ltrs to be precise ! They are in 2 gall pots and are 1 1/2 ft tall . Yours will need 5 ltrs each second day if you have similiar temps ! Also try to put the pots in the ground as this will help stop the water in th pot from evaporating another word is (Dissapearing ) . Apply some mulch onto the top of the pots as well as this will help to hold the water and keep your pots wetter ! Put them near some long weeds around to act as a shade barrier for the pots if you cannot dig holes to put them into ! These idea's will help you out ! Try it you can only win ! Check the ph of your water and feed the biggest one 30 ltrs and flush it and this will do 2 things for you ..it will flush the plant and get the ph of your soil to the correct ph 6.8 and give it a good drink ! Then test the run off water and be sure that it is at 6.8ph then you will be ok from there as long as you keep the water at 6.8 from today onwards ! Peace and Go save your plants ! JJJJeeessssuuusss well done greenthumberish this thread is only 18 days old ...DUH ! and me for replying

thanks for all the help i have watered and fed with budswell they are back to normal and looking good!

Latest posts

Back