*PICS* hydro grow going good, but at 3 weeks, whats up with some of my fan leaves?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DirtySouth said:
no cal/mag?
Add water(r/o)ppm it.Bring it up to 150 with either cal/mag or evaporated tap water(didn't realize no cal/mag)then floronova.U need it w/ floronova-it doesnot have ALL the essentials,either substitute or get ust to it!

Yeah, i havent been using calmag, didnt think i needed it.

so, im gonna flush tonight with clearex, when i fill my res with ro water, should i use 150ppm at a .5 conversion or .7 conversion????

I have no problem adding calmag, i just dont know which conversion to use to get the 150ppm.

ppm at a .5 conversion would be like 230ppm at a .7 conversion, so i need to know which scale you are talking about, cuz im down to try.

I will then finish bringing up the ppms with the floranova bloom. again, i need to know which scale you are talking about bro, i have three meters and they are all different.

so funny, me and my boy were talking about trying to use calmag to correct my problem, funny you mentioned that it worked for ya, cuz im down to learn at this point, first hydro grow.

growdude, turkey, are you guys joking??? or do you really like floranova?

I can only speak for myself, as I may not have used it "correctly", but I quit using it and went to GH 3part and quit getting weird things happening to my leaves. I'm not slamming flora but 3part was better for my strains/methods/sometimes too hot/humid room.

What are the lights off temps?
Its probably warm were you are so i'm probably miles off but i've seen the same when i let my plants get cold a couple of nights in a row.

Other than cal/mag i have no idea, hope you find an answer :48:

JBonez said:
Yeah, i havent been using calmag, didnt think i needed it.

so, im gonna flush tonight with clearex, when i fill my res with ro water, should i use 150ppm at a .5 conversion or .7 conversion????

I have no problem adding calmag, i just dont know which conversion to use to get the 150ppm.

ppm at a .5 conversion would be like 230ppm at a .7 conversion, so i need to know which scale you are talking about, cuz im down to try.

I will then finish bringing up the ppms with the floranova bloom. again, i need to know which scale you are talking about bro, i have three meters and they are all different.

so funny, me and my boy were talking about trying to use calmag to correct my problem, funny you mentioned that it worked for ya, cuz im down to learn at this point, first hydro grow.

Bonez i have no clue??????HM digital EC/TDS/TEMP-my setting is KCI lost my book.May not even be the right setting but the girls are lovin-it-up,which is the goal.I agree bout the nova-n-twist thing B-52 no more twist thing.B-52 bonez helps clone shoots Quicker if in mommas system,it helps in the transplant shock root thing.Bonez u could folar feed 1-2x and the twisting is gone.Brother add water/cal mag/b-52(like 1 tbl spoon per 2 gal)then floranova(phucc you got it already.G.H. 3 part is $13.00 a bottle)B-52 is $26.00 but the benifits are far greater.
Yes G.H. floronova is 1-1-1 but lacking macro/micro-thus B-52 and your strait in the game.The Budcandy swells those babies up.OVERDRIVE in the last 2 weeks for peek FATTNESS and lil of your clearex and your set.
Strait 3 part G.H. will work but .....
Turkey the first thing my table does is flush-floodComletely submerges everything.As the water/nute mix fills it floods the medium.The medium flushes @ this pointThen the medium saturates itsself w/ new mixture.
Maby my ebb-n-flo is diffrent,I don't know

you really shouldnt have to flush with ebb&flow, im going to, but i think once i throw some cal mag in the mix, my plants are gonna start looking better, at least i hope,

yo dirty, we may have disagreed in the past, but buddy, lemme tell ya, youve been a great support in this thread and to me, not knowing what to do kinda sucks, but guys like you chime in and even tho i havent seen results yet, youve made me feel alot better, and for that i would like to extend a very big thanks, as well as all of those who chimed in to help a fellow out!

fricken love you guys!

just sterilized (hospital grade) everything, and when the lights come on, im gonna run ph'd water through them and get some of that salt and garbage out, then i will refill, nute, ph and smoke a friggin bowl, cuz im already tired!

Brother,I believe you flush w/ every flood.Heres a BIG problem I have w/ u flushing.R,O. water is lacking micro/macro + cal.Ur plant is already lackin if you flush it'll really be lackin.
If it where me I'd just do a res change,adding either cal/mag or 1 cup tap per 2 gal+ nutes.It is hot maby drop it a bit like 200 ppm-Bob was right the curl is like a dogs pant too hot.In hot conditions always drop the ppm due to plant absorbtion ratio.

i understand how transpiration works to a T.

My temps are a perfect 78 degrees with little fluctuation.
Too late, i already flushed with ro water, but the great thing about hydro, and my unbelievably insane ro unit which makes about 90gallons every four hours or so is this, By 1am, when the next flood cycle will be, they will have all the nutrients they could want and then some, one quick little mini flush wont affect them, tho i totally get why you are expressing concern, no matter how small, it is counterproductive.

Damn dirty, just goes to show you shouldnt judge a book, youve been a real asset man, and i dont say that often.

i think your insight is needed on this site, good stuff.

with ya in the dirty, Straight up pimp if you want me you can find me in the "_"

lol

also, i have too many nutes to buy more, im sure b52 is great or whatever it is lol, but ill have to check it out later, i need to get a successful first hydro grow, and im shooting for 2lbs, but i doubt i will see it, maybe 1.5, but then again, i have 8 more plants sog in a small tent under a 400w light ebb&flow as well, so i hope i get at least an ounce a plant.

yo dirty, whats your max flowering ppms at any given time??? if its over 900 hundred ppm, then your meter calibrates at a .7 conversion. If you never go above 1000ppm then you most likely have a meter calibrated for a .5 conversion, like my hanna cal check ph,ec/tds meter. I also use a truncheon tds meter, a dream once you realize how handy it is, accurate and easy to clean.

i forgot to mention i used about 200ppm of Bloombastic about a week ago, not sure if this put me overboard on the mg, as that would lockout iron or zinc i believe.

oh well dirty, ya think i can get by with just the calmag and floranova?

Thanks buddy,if we never had diffrences we would not be individual.I'm gonna watch yer grow if its cool w/ you.Heres an example of my lil supplements @ work.4 .75 a year 3 part G.H. didn't like it neclorisis of leaves,so floranova is where I was 4 the same.Found this site and was P.M.'d by a man that helped my Floranova crisis @ ease w/ a few supplements.GOOD LOOKIN.I'm pressin the issue cause I wanna see you do good.Heres U.K.Cheese week 3(was pushed in corner 4 first 2.5 weeks due to monsters in the (th week,lol.)Now under the lights shes gonna put on weight.

fuckin bomb 010.jpg

I think you got the idea,somethings not quite workin try to fix.The great thing about hydro is you'll find out quick if it worked as the problem will cease to exist.Start w/ lil cal/mag and in like 3-5 dayz no more.Presto it worked.
I think to much cal/mg will cause(I know it will)twisted leaves(zink lockout)but also I know after corrected they straiten back out!

DirtySouth said:
I think you got the idea,somethings not quite workin try to fix.The great thing about hydro is you'll find out quick if it worked as the problem will cease to exist.Start w/ lil cal/mag and in like 3-5 dayz no more.Presto it worked.
I think to much cal/mg will cause(I know it will)twisted leaves(zink lockout)but also I know after corrected they straiten back out!

if you dont mind, what would be your typical res condition during rapid flowering growth?

Mine as of tonight is going to be 150ppm Calmag and 1150ppm FN

Ill keep you posted, but im trying to calculate your nutrient regimen. You say that you use FN, Calmag, B52, and something else right?? If thats so then you must not be using as much FN since you are adding other supplements, would that be a fair ascertation?

Also, i use 0ppm RO water, you may have seen my setup on this site, heres a pic, but that being said, ive noticed that after a res drain and fill, that the following day my ph rises from say 5.7 to 6.2 or in that ballpark.

When i adjust back down to 5.7 or 5.8, it stays that way and remains stable, almost like my plants are consuming pretty proportional amounts of nutrient and water, essentially my res stays stable, just gets low, but i dont have to even top it off really since its so big.

I guess in the next few weeks my plants will start using some water to the point of topping the res off from necessity.

IMG_2055.JPG

Dont mind a bit.Keep in mind its hot,so now as high ppm asin winter,so 2 speak
6 5 gal. r/o water(no filter............. yet)
10 cups tap water(let chlorine evap cal/mag is too costly for my cheep azz)150-200ppm(after tap)
22ml bud candy
10ml B-52
2ml Barricade(thick cell walls breaks mite jaws,lmao)
Floranova
As of today only 950 ppm.I will peak @ about 1200-1400,then drop B-52 and Budcandy.Adding Overdrive as I drop ppm 2 800 B-4 flush,taking 2 weeks dropping 50% each week.At flush drop everything cutting tap in 1/2(cut cal/mag in 1/2)w/ flush.People will bytcc bout was told do it like this or like that.I'm not trippin.The taste is bomb.Them guyz dont want me tellin ya this as they make a lot of cash in flavor boosters,but there it is

JBonez said:
growdude, turkey, are you guys joking??? or do you really like floranova?

I use ionic nutes. An we're not sayin that Floranova 'rocks'.. as in..it's a good product, cause I wouldn't know..I don't use it. I cant speak for GD but I think we can agree that your hydroton 'rocks' are full of left-over floranova.. meaning a build up of whatever your plants aren't using including salts and who knows what else.. as far as flushing with 150ppm of this or that.. IMO.. you need to rid of whatever residuals have built up in your medium..meaning straight PhD water..flushed through the tray and drained to waste. then back to the nute solution. A "fresh start" if you will;) I know..Im terrible with words:rolleyes: Good luck broski maybe Growdude can elaborate.

also..No offense to the other growers here.. and call me 'old school' but ALL those additives and other expensive 'products' are overkill IMO. I see too many people using ten different products in there res and frankly I dont see it's worth... the proof is in the puddin'. Sometimes less is more...and ALOT of times people simply 'love' there plants TO DEATH. just my 2 cents boss;) GL

Bonez the res. will fluntuate bad 1st couple dayz,tis normal.Alwayz know ph b4 water.Check pen 2x a week!

HPS light aside Bonez its never to late.Heres my res after listening to my buddy.B-4 EVERY leaf was a gonner.1 week later and plent of green startin to take over.I know this looks bad but was WORSE.The other is a pic of my with an open mind.!st baby feeder set of leaves just died!
You all can be the judge.!st pic is listening to him from the start.
@nd is my way until end of week 1,once leaves started tripp,I switched.Lost 1-2 weeks on harvest,but this is only 4 mom 2 bros and myself....Quality over quantity!

yeah bro, my res stays pretty much maintenance free for about 5 days at a time.

Ive never once topped off and had to adjust the ph afterwords. Bonus in using a badazzz RO/DI custom designed by myself, i top off, the ro water assimilates with the solution, essentially assuming its ph.

Latest posts

Back