lots of problems :(

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ta2dguy

Reaction score
this is my first post here and I am here because my plants are driving me nuts. before i tell the problems I got to say that I think I have found the solution already :hubba: . thanks to all the info i found on your site on ph levels I am sure that is the problem. my girls grow great to begin with from both seed and clone but slowly show many different signs of problems from intervenal chlorosis to brown spots and burnt tips and canoeing and so on and worsen as they get older. all my efforts to mess around with my solutions have failed sometimes with drastic results. i dont know how i have overlooked this important issue of ph. i can see from the charts u have that i can fix all the issues with 1 thing. im gonna go look around the site some more, looks awesome. any other ideas or suggestions are also welcome and appreciated. I am growing hydroponically in rockwool with a 2 part dnf solution, 1000 hps kept 1-2 feet above tops. thanks for all your information and help.

Hello Tattooedguy :)

Welcome to the forum.

Yup, PH is very important ;)

:peace:

Yes, I second that one. Before I took pH seriously, the plants had all kinds of problems. Now, with the pH dialed in, things go much more smoothly. Hey Tat, hang in there; a lot of us have started off like you, but with time we improve. Now that you've realized the importance of pH, you should see immediate improvement on your future grows.

you know a wierd thing about PH, i was growing one strain
over and over again in soil for a year and i never paid attention
to PH at all, they grew Great, lush Veg, fat, tight buds, i thought
i was a master grower, so it was time to buy some seeds, i bought several different strains.

All of a sudden i suck, i cant grow anything without getting a difficency of some kind,
so i start reading on this site and realized its ALL about the PH.

Things are looking much better now that i am PH aware.

Oh and micro nutes make a big difference to. IMO

Agreed. I found by getting a digi ph meter, I was able to drastically eliminate multiple problems from crop to crop. I was using a 2 prong and it said tap water was 8.2. So I was adding ph down and just wrecked everything. I got a digi and it said tap was 6.5 before nutes. Pretty much sums it up. Crucial.

Yo Ho ta2dguy,

Welcome to the site. Looks like you have already been busy finding your way around, and that is exactly what we want good folks to be able to do.
Please do look over the site rules while your exploring. You will find them few and easy to abide with. They are for everyone's comfort.

Usually we like to suggest a good comfy chair, something to refresh yourself with, and Oh-yeah
here hold this------->:48:

smoke in peace
KK :cool:

nouvellechef said:
Agreed. I found by getting a digi ph meter, I was able to drastically eliminate multiple problems from crop to crop. I was using a 2 prong and it said tap water was 8.2. So I was adding ph down and just wrecked everything. I got a digi and it said tap was 6.5 before nutes. Pretty much sums it up. Crucial.

This is exactly what i did, i was adding PH down to water that was 6.6
it was probably 3.0 i was using thinking it was perfect.

i should make bumper sticker that promotes PH awareness....maybe even a green ribbon ...

Alistair Young said:
Yes, I second that one. Before I took pH seriously, the plants had all kinds of problems. Now, with the pH dialed in, things go much more smoothly. Hey Tat, hang in there; a lot of us have started off like you, but with time we improve. Now that you've realized the importance of pH, you should see immediate improvement on your future grows.
i have a thread posted wit some pics of my plants on the forum and while i never have had a problem growing be4, i ran into one for the first time this round:confused: . so i took some photo's and asked for some help from the MP readers and while i got some replys thanks(to all that tryed to help) i didnt get a real good answer. ppl said my problem was nutes burn and that i need to flush so i reposted somemore info on my problem and still the answer came back wrong on my plants problem. the problem was my ph pen was out range i just got it a month a go around the time i started my 12/12. the plants started off great fast growth, buds forming well and fast everything was on track and then around week 3 i started see my fan leaves browning over and really fast too. so i posted and waited for an anwser. wat im trying to say is we need a thread for signs of bad ph wit photo. cuz i see and read alot of ppl wit the same problem i had and it ended up being my ph pen was out of wack i hadn't cal. it in three weeks i just though it was factor set and all i needed was batterys. but ya so if someone from Marijuana Passion could start a thread about ph and the sign to look for bad ph with photo's that would be great. u can find pic's of def. and that's great if ur having that kinda problem but it seem's ph is a bigger problem for new and vet grow alike.

usually deficencies are caused by bad PH, the bad PH causes
nute lock out, therefore they go together.

So what's your PH then and PPM? If it's nute burn, should
come out high, if your pens dialed in.

I have grown a few times before and never came out with anything too great but never had these problems i'm having now. I'm growing in soil just reg scotts with next to no nutes; i'm using a 250 w hps a cpl 100w flouros i have a fan attached on the box i built in the closet for intake and cooling. Its from a bag of nice high grade bud not sure strain. At first it was growing great nice and bushy and quickly. I did give it some 20-20-20 fert. like an *** in the first cpl weeks but i soon flushed it and it was still growing nice. then the bottom leaves started turning yellow and i think i was over watering so i quickly let it dry out longer and i plan on watering once a wk. i started to use neptunes harvest fish emulsion once, but the problems got worse now the leaves are getting brown tips on a few, growth has slowed and they still look like they're turning yellow. new growth still looks good but it looks like its moving up the plant. I just re-transplanted it into a bigger pot because the roots were down to the bottom of the last. Shes about 7in and bushy as hell and about 4-5 wks old. any suggestions or advice i know it could be so many things.

i thank everyone for stopping in and sharing some knowledge and experiences. i am still not sure what exactly happened to this grow but me and the local hydroponics shop owner figured that it was actually a bad bottle of juice i got or something dramatic happened to the tap water here. it always ran at between 5.5 and 6 and for the past 3 years i never had a problem like this. maybe the town messed around with the water that day or something lmao i dont know but things are back on track and looking good. my tap water is 6.2 before nutes and 5.7 after. i threw away the bottles of juice that i had and was given new ones from the shop owner and things are fine. whatever the problem was it is gone now and things are good. here are some pics trying to show the problem i had and a few of the girls after fixin. if you want to follow these lucky ladies i have a thread in the grow journals section called revived and growing again. happy growing to everybody.

101_0453.JPG 101_0449.JPG

101_0457.JPG 101_0414.JPG

i tried to show a few bad leaves i left on and some of the ones a few sets up to show the drastic difference. i was getting scared that they were not going to make it. the reason that the problem was not noticed early was for the fact that i work away from home for up to 2 weeks at a time and when i came home this time i opened up my room expecting big happy green things and i was shoced almost to tears to see the unpleasant rainbow of yellows and browns along with all the other issues. i am so glad its fixed now and i can relax with the volcano and watch them grow again. happy growingto everybody.

Latest posts

Back