Home of the Old Fart's Club part 2

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think they call it a Kanga Kan or something like that Nick --- Trim don't stand a chance round here for long !-- I decarb it and let my belly do the extraction !-- Umbra got a hash making de--vice I think he bought at the kitchen supply store !-- He do dry ice though!-- Which is what I wanna do when I get my press rebuilt -- Make hash then press the pucks !-- Fill me some dam hash oil cartridges !-- I'm down with flowers but I see a developing market for carts among the young !--

When I have the patience to press it out I use my hair straightener and I'll press flower or kief. One of these days I'm going to get me a proper press. I'll probably buy one of the $500 dollar ones on Amazon. I forget the name but I saved it.

Me too Nick but this $125 baseball cap heat transfer press is what I got to work with for now !-- I can make it work !-- Already did some testing and know what it needs to make it press properly !
Only got the one heated plate but I got a plan !-- It's got a hard rubber pad on the bottom that needs to come off and I need to mold me a hard replacement then a couple bar clamps to take the pressure off the pivot point and she'll press oil !-- I can use the top heated plate to preheat the bottom plate !--

That's what Umbra uses -- They got one size that fits a gallon plastic jug like an EM1 jug -- He say the weed and dry ice go in the jug that has the bottom cut out then push the sifter down on the bottom the jug and turn upside down and shake -n- bake !-- Over glass !

You know what? I' gonna let you in on a little secret. I dunno what its called but Rosebud sent me the nicest little sifter. I gotta get me a backup. I love that thing. I grind up some bud with my grinder and then toss it in the sifter. A few shakes and I get enuff kief to give me a rippin' buzz.

Rose got those from me. Amazon special. I only use the 120 Micron. My last order I ordered 3 of the 120 micron. As they clog I start on another one. Then put them in the dishwasher when I'm done. The EM1 gal jug fits like it was made for it. I put some dry ice in there and let it get cold and then shake for about 1 minute or so. The shake left over I soak in 190%. When I press the kief, I add the oil from the 190% extraction. Makes very good black hash.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N6J75GM/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm on it Umbra !-- There I was trying to explain what U do!-- I forgot about what size U said U use !--
I like the idea of putting the oil from the alcohol back into the hash !-- I was planning on keeping a bottle of alcohol to keep the pressed pucks in and just Make RSO -- The hash should be clean enough not to worry so much about water solvable components but if U gonna smoke it then it wouldn't matter !-- Umbra milking that stuff empty -- Get all the goodies out the weed !

Thanks for the link Umbra, I really appreciate it. I can't get dry ice here but I sure can use the sifter. I tried making oil here but 151 is the best alcohol you can get. I've done the bho thing too and until I get a magic butter machine I guess I'll just be doing the bubble hash and carding thing. That little sifter is the bomb though. I shook an 1/8th or so over glass and decarbed it and put it in a lasagna. I likey!

I can grow some trichs so I'm half way there !-- This is Umbra's White Indica with a BBSL dad !-- I think I got myself a hash plant too in -- SR91 (Sangarara Reserve -x- 91 Dragons )-- x- (Mazar-i-Shariff-x BlackBerry Snow Lotus) !

View attachment 20180417_174718.jpg

Nick I want one of them too !-- I figure I mess with what I got and learn how to handle the oil and pressing and such so that when I do see the need for a real press I'll hit the ground running !

Round here since it is a sportsman paradise everybody and they momma sell dry ice !-- They got it at the grocery store too !-- No one even gives it a second thought !

Nick that press should work fine. Everclear here is 151, so I order it mail order. With the state and federal tax and haz mat shipping, it's $60/gal for organic grape 190%. It has a distinctive grape after taste with my tinctures.

I might just have to go that route. Taste like grape? I could learn to like that. We have 151 everclear too.

Absolute Ethenol for $60 a gallon !-- Make me think about quiting making wine !-- Let me do the math ?-- A gallon for $60 then temper it down to bout 100 proof !-- Do a little charcoal magic ?-- Make bout 2 1/2-- 3 gallons at ?--5 fifths per gallon at ?-- Nevermind !-- I was just thinking out loud !-- That would be against da law !-- Just thinking about it ain't though !

my understanding, the 190% made from sugar cane and beets is sweet tasting. The most neutral of flavor is corn.

Hehe! I hear that's how they make em at home on the cheep!!
Highest run so far was 185 proof.
Great for RSO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back