would you fogg grow room

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blondlebanese

Reaction score
would anyone set off a fogger in your grow room while the plants are still vegging? then using a spritzing bottle with water to rinse them off. what could go wrong? make an apron that wraps around the stem under the bush, draped over the edge of the container so as to keep the rinse water out of the soil. someone try this and report back. hurry i'm holding my breath.

What kind of fogger are you talking about and why?

you want us to Test this for you?

Keep holding your breath

LMTSGA

I don't know of any foggers that have organic ingredients. I wouldn't do it when plants are present. maybe after and then wipe down room after 48hrs to get rid of the poison.

I know I'll catch a load for this but if you are still in vegg, go getcha some Sevin and dust 'em. after a couple of days give 'em a heavy misting. Works for greenbeans and I been eating em for years.

would anyone set off a fogger in your grow room while the plants are still vegging? then using a spritzing bottle with water to rinse them off. what could go wrong? make an apron that wraps around the stem under the bush, draped over the edge of the container so as to keep the rinse water out of the soil. someone try this and report back. hurry i'm holding my breath.

why you want to fog your room

to get rid of pests, orangesunshine. i figure since plants don't breath they can't choke on the poison. they are only affected by what they come in contact with and that can be washed off. but, i don't know. maybe they do choke(they would need lungs). right now i think fogging during the veg stage is safe for persons and plant.

Plants do breath. The stomata on the leaf will clog... they breath all day `breathing in carbon dioxide and `breathing out oxygen. Keep your leaves clean.

I sure wouldn't. Are we sure the chemicals won't get into the soil and then be brought into the plant itself? Either way, I wouldn't. jmo

Do it!!!

Grab her roots. Squeeze her leaves. You know she wants it. LMAO... re: The little devil in Animal House

You know me, I'm totally anti-anyspray but if you do use something, make sure it's super food grade certified.

Like I said, I never use that or anything like it but, for god's sake don't use something like a general flea or roach bomb type fogger.

Only if your grow room is empty...kill the bugs them scrub it out before you plant again...anything living in there would be rendered unusable...

You can make your own organic spray using Garlic and other things. I would never use poison on or in my Growrooms. Never

organic sprays don't eradicade. they help to keep the numbers down at best. i have used organics and preditor mites. they just don't work. i have dealt with spidermites, thripes, nats and whiteflies. organics works on whiteflies somewhat. synthetic poisons work on all pests. and the pests don't have time to react. they die. i don't harvest during veg so i should be fine. and plants don't breath and can be washed off.

would you quit saying plants don't breath. have you ever heard of systemics? How long did you grow organic?

Plants do breathe - they give out carbon dioxide and absorb oxygen from the air that surrounds them. Their tissues respire just as animal tissues do. Plants, however, do not have lungs or a blood stream, so we cannot say that they breathe in the same way as animals.

We also have to be careful when studying green plants because in the light the green parts of these plants carry out photosynthesis as well as respiration.

Photosynthesis does the opposite of respiration. Carbon dioxide is absorbed and oxygen is produced. In order to study respiration in green plants we must block out the light, because although green plants respire all the time they only photosynthesize in the light.

Remember that a green plant respires all the time, day and night.
A green plant photosynthesizes only in the presence of sunlight.

All parts of the plant respire, the leaves, the stem, the roots and even the flowers. The parts above the soil get their oxygen directly from the air through pores. The pores in the leaves are called stomata (singular: stoma). The pores in the branches of trees are called lenticels.
The roots of a plant also need oxygen which they obtain from the air spaces in the soil. If you give too much water to a plant in a pot you could kill the roots by drowning them! Plants, such as rice, which normally grow in wet soil often have air spaces in their roots. This is so that they can carry air from the atmosphere down to the root tips to be able to respire under water.

Yes plants breath. Lights on they breath CO2 and let out O2 and water vapor, but lights out they breath in O2 and let out CO2 and water vapor. The process is called transpiration. I have fogged plants in veg with a pyrethrum based fogger. The bugs were unaffected at all. You are all wrong about organics and predator bugs in regards to what they are as well as how and when to use them. Try organic JMS stylet-oil. It is odorless, colorless, and tasteless. It can be used up to the day you harvest.

Latest posts

Back