Megans Nirvana NL and Critically Smashed Journal!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
GREAT NEWS!! Found a place literally 5 min from my house called Hydro-Expo that sells EVERYTHING I need! Im headed there now and gonna get some soil etc. I feel like a kid that has just found her candy store! Ill let ya know what I get soon as I get back! ;-)

Here is the link incase anyone wants to check it out...

hxxp://www.hydro-expo.com

I usually just put my freshly germinated seeds straight into 16 ounce cups filled with my soil....with the tap root pointed down and the shell buried about 2-3 mm beneath the soil. Hope those critical germ because I want to grow some!

lookin good, iam an all organic grower, iam going to be flowering with a 1000w hps w/ a vented hood. i also mix my own soils, all my own raw materials/ferts. if you look through the grow journals you might be able to find some of my old grow. props to ya, keep it real
Walk in peace.
Dustin

Okay so I went to the Hydro shop and man do I wish I would have known that place was there a LONG time ago! I was there for like 3 hours they had everything you could think of :D PLUS the guy working there was hitting on me :hubba: and so I totally have the hook up now on my supplies he even said if I brought my Ballast and stuff that he would put a hood on it for free! :yay:

I took some pictures of the closet/room im growing in AND since ALL 5 of my NL have sprouted I went ahead and put them into pellets, into dome, and under some flouresants. So far out of the 5 Critically smashed seeds only 3 look like they are going to do anything and even those 3 are coming up real slow so cross your fingers I have 5 more I can try if these suck. :headbang2:

closet 013.JPG

pellets 001.JPG

pellets 004.JPG

closet 011.JPG

closet 007.JPG

Just took some pictures of my 5 Northern Lights babies and wanted to share...I dont know if its the strain (which im sure has alot to do with it) or what but man these "girls" are growing like crazy! :eek: So far on the Critically Smashed only one has germed and it still looks like only 3 of the 5 are gonna do anything but well see, im gonna go ahead and plant the one that is ready tonight. I'll keep yall posted.

Judging by the pics and how fast their growing, when do yall think I should tranfer the 5 NL into cups with that FF soil I got?

Thanks in advance! :D

seeds 001.JPG

seeds 004.jpg

seeds 003111.jpg

If you do not have a light that shines down on top of those plants you need to get one because it appears as if they are stretching quite a bit. Consider adding a light on top or moving 1 or both of those CFLs to the top.

I would transplant when the roots start coming out of the bottom of the Jiffys. Be sure to bury those long stems in the soil and just leave a centimeter or two of the stem protruding out of the soil.

I don't know if you're using the dome, but I don't think it's that necessary. How are your temperatures in that closet...temps generally tend to pop up and bite new growers in the butt esp. if you're growing in a closet.

Your closet looks so fresh and so clean, after a couple seasons, unfortunately, it won't. Glad to see you got some Ocean Forest, YAY!!

i totally agree with puff. i dont know if you are able to put any holes in your cieling but what i did in my room was,i took a stud finder..found where my studs were on my cieling,then i nailed a 2x4 on my ceiling.then take a couple eye hooks and screw them onto the 2x4 then you can get chains (like 69 cents per ft from home depot)and that way you can hang your 4 ft flourescent over the plants.its workin out good.when im done with the shop lights,ill take out the eye hooks and make it so their closer together so i'll beable to have them hold up my hps/mh grow lights. if not the 2x4 on the ceiling teq.... then you could take stacks a couple milk crates on top of eachother to hold the ends of the flour. light/lights up.

LOL...I'm not growing with these lights or even in this closet. :p The only reason I have them in there is because I'll be using a 430watt Son Agro Bulb with a seperate ballast and last month my electric bill was over $400 and so im just using these CFLs while I wait for the Critically Smashed to germ then im putting them all into another closet that I have already set up. ;)

I'll attach a few pics from my first grow so you can see the light and closet etc that ill have these plants in. :D

Let me know what you think! Thanks for yalls input! :D

day6flower 007.jpg

4_21 015.jpg

yello 020.jpg

Yes I leave it open all day AND the bedroom door that the closet opens into (untill on 12/12 then I close the bedroom room but still keep closet open) thats why I dont think the temps and stuff like that are a problem BUT the smell sure is. I bought one of those cheap ole "Ionizers" from walmart and it kinda help but not really. What do yall do for the smell? Has anyone ever taken the light fixture out of the closet they were growing in and then just vented it thru that hole? Cause I was lookin at it today and think if its possible than that would be better than making a new hole?

are you in a house, megan?... your own house so you can do some "modifications"?

dl toker posted a good do it yourself carbon scrubber in the diy section.check that out.your a girl..you got a couple pairs of thigh high panty hose? =) if so you wont even need to buy them to make it =)

those are looking very nice! can't wait to see some bud pics!

thanks for sharing with us Megan!:D

That crazy vancouver guy said:
are you in a house, megan?... your own house so you can do some "modifications"?

Yes im in a house, but no its not mine ill be out of here in a year. Thats why I was thinking of taking the light fixture out and venting thru that hole instead of having to make a new hole. Will that work?

PLUS the guy working there was hitting on me and so I totally have the hook up now on my supplies
..." megans got a boyfriend ..megans got a boyfriend"...:p

.you got a couple pairs of thigh high panty hose?
..."NO".. black fishnets will not work.. ;)

megan23247 said:
Yes im in a house, but no its not mine ill be out of here in a year. Thats why I was thinking of taking the light fixture out and venting thru that hole instead of having to make a new hole. Will that work?

the only way that will work is if you went up into the attic space and removed the light box from it's support and cleared it from the hole. now... I wouldn't recommend just venting your exhaust straight into the attic, as during the wintertime when the attic is going to be cooler, venting warm, moist air into this area will create steam - not a good thing blowing steam into the attic. what I did is ran some dryer venting from my box, thru the attic, straight to one of my roof vents so it is exhausted to the outside and not into my attic space. ;)

another thing to consider when venting into your attic space is that in older homes, there is usually no vapor barrier present, so the smell you put into the attic will probably be detectable throughout the whole upstairs and, likely, the whole house :eek:

living there yourself, you would be accustomed to any faint smell, but anyone else that ever walked in your place might be able to detect it :doh:

it might, it might not... but better to be safe then sorry, right???

what's that word?... hindsight?

Im very excited to see this grow! Im growing NL too ina micro setup!

Ok so bad news...:cry: Had my parents cat over all week babysitting while they went out of town and long story short I had to be gone a couple days and while I was gone the cat destroyed my plants!!! :shocked: I came in last night and found all my babies laying on the floor, DIRT everywhere I couldnt believe it im so pissed! :hairpull:

I might be able to save 1 but the rest are pretty much toast:( I already started to germ the other 5 NL seeds that came with my order THANK GOODNESS I still have those. :woohoo:

Im trying to be optimistic here by saying this is only a minor set back and it could have been worse but really im pretty freakin mad. :mad:

Oh well...I'll keep everyone posted on the new seeds. Lets hope these all germ as quick as the other NL seeds did.:hubba:

UPDATE on the Critically Smashed...Im not sure bout anyone else but I couldnt get ANY to germ I had ten and I tried a couple diff ways to get them to germ and nothing so guess mine were all no good. :rolleyes:

I attached a couple pics of the broken babies the (quality sucks cause I used my phone) I put tape around a couple to try help but we'll see. :eek:

IMG00009.jpg

IMG00010.jpg

IMG00011.jpg

IMG00012.jpg

Latest posts

Back