Megans Nirvana NL and Critically Smashed Journal!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
looking stellar so far :) -- you ever thought about taking 1 or 2 of your plants and transplanting them into an experimental DWC unit?

looken pretty GOOD girl :holysheep: Hope you get a bunch of healthy ladies.

:D KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK :D

:bong1: I AM SURE YOUR EFFORTS WILL BE REWARDED IN THE END:48:

: :aok: :joint: :bongin: :clap: :ciao:​

akirahz said:
looking stellar so far :) -- you ever thought about taking 1 or 2 of your plants and transplanting them into an experimental DWC unit?

Im game to experiment with anything. Not sure exactly what a DWC unit is but ill do a little research and check it out and see if its an option for me. Thanks for the info. :D

http://www.greenmanspage.com/guides/hydrosystems.html

you can scroll down thar and see the basic lay out of a water culture system or (deep water culture), although you don't have to follow those build instructions, heck i didn't even need foam for floating, or an aquarium-- i just took a large Tupperware container (non see through), used a marker to trace my glad ware/Ziploc cups for the holes on the lid. Then made slices in the cups for the roots (but not too big so the fish gravel doesn't fall out), bought a fish air pump, an air stone, filled Tupperware with water, poked hole for air hose, connected air stone to end of hose after inserting the tube.

Filled my cup with gravel, and then placed seedling in cup (burying the root in the gravel), then put the cup in the hole where the lower half is submerged in the water

ah well crap im rambling on here like a moron..

anyway some people like to make it more complicated by buying certain meters and testers that measure how nutrient rich the water is after you've added your ferts, and the pH balance can also be measured by testing units, but these aren't REQUIRED. Although theres no argument that these specifics are important to know for superb growing as this is and can be a complex hobby but--

My friend and I both use dwc without any testing equipment. No more soil, no more constant watering, faster plant growth (most of the time).

I don't even use distilled water.. i use tap water from my sink haha

Infact i dont like the setup the greenmans pages actually displays in the picture.. having plants together in 1 unit is a bad idea, as ive done this before -- and the roots ended up getting so large that they started fighting, both females were trying to strangle one another as it looked, and both plants began to suffer and in the end, died.

Megan hows the grow going? I can't wait to plant my NL and CM so for now I grow vicariously through you :D

So far so good Tokemon! I can not wait to put these babies into flower and try some of this smoke! I bet your ready to plant your seeds already. Good Luck with the Critically Smashed I have yet to get any to germ for me but maybe you will have better luck. :)

megan23247 said:
So far so good Tokemon! I can not wait to put these babies into flower and try some of this smoke! I bet your ready to plant your seeds already. Good Luck with the Critically Smashed I have yet to get any to germ for me but maybe you will have better luck. :)
No germ on the CS? That sucks! Did you try them all or just a few?

interested to see how this turns out. Good luck. Sorry about your cat, but it looks like your back on track! Ill be watching.

megan23247 said:
Im game to experiment with anything. Not sure exactly what a DWC unit is but ill do a little research and check it out and see if its an option for me. Thanks for the info. :D
works well for me ;)

Just took some pictures of the babies so I figured I would share them so yall can see how they are doing. :D

Picture 3 and 5 are of the one that im trying LST on because It started off growing weird and looked like it was going to have two tops anyway so im trying to LST it and see what happens. Never done it before so well see. :)

7-16 023.JPG

7-16 014.JPG

7-16 024.JPG

7-16 015.JPG

7-16 039.JPG

7-16 021.JPG

7-16 028.JPG

tokemon said:
They look nice and sturdy. I can wait to see your buds.

LMAO... hmmm... just what r you talking about there, bud? ? ? ;)

LOL... :holysheep: ... I've got a dirty mind... :hubba:

eh, Megan?

the playa ;) :cool:

Pics look great Megan, the plants look awesome, looks like they like the grow bags too. Cool your trying the LST thing. have a good one...

looking good megan.:) . did those little plastic tie-downs come attached to that bag, or something you engineered? nice job...

Lookin great megan, makes me happy I checked back on your journal while I'm on my sidekick on a coaster and on your journal. Talk about multitasking LOL! Sayy WEEEEEEEEEE!!

banjobuzz said:
looking good megan.:) . did those little plastic tie-downs come attached to that bag, or something you engineered? nice job...

They are what I use to hold the colas up etc. when they get heavy so I figured might as well try using them for the LST also. :hubba: Its easy cause all I have to do is just pull it down a little each day and I usually make a mark on the green tape so I know how much im moving it. :D

Latest posts

Back