pcduck's first DWC

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
NewbieG said:
Damn man the girls looks great and is growing really fast. Any way you could take a picture of the root system as well? I'm curious to see how large they actually get.

I guess I could try NewbieG. Because when you change your solution or reservoir You are removing the roots from the bucket, I could get a quick pic I guess.

Yea Andy, I have been trying to keep up with your DWC journal and seen your ladies take off. That is one reason why I am trying this DWC method.:D

:holysheep: the growth over 24 hrs,, cool ,,,going to watch this grow if ya dont mind ,,:48:

Thanks for stopping by UKgirl420, and you are more than welcome to stick around and watch,comment,and give suggestions. Any and all are appreciated.:)

ty ,,,cause im getting intrigued into this dwc might just attempt a go in the not to near future ,,,ill use u as the guniuae pig:giggle::watchplant:

That is what happen to me too.ha ha That and got tired of lugging dirt.

started the seeds for mine today :)

An tips for starting her off in terms of how close to put water level under bucket until roots grow more?

NewbieG said:
started the seeds for mine today:)

Thats cool:cool: I just had another one sprout today.:hubba: That makes me happy:)

NewbieG said:
An tips for starting her off in terms of how close to put water level under bucket until roots grow more?

I put my water level so that it was just touching the bottom of the net pot. It must be working because it is growing.:D

I had a new arrival to the family yesterday, another bean sprouted.:)
Now I just hope that it can catch up with the other one. Would like to keep it under the same light without to much stretch.

These are the pictures of the clan.

1) My partner.....he doesn't say much and very trustworthy
2) 48 hours into the DWC bucket....some growth
3) The new arrival...I hope its a girl

100_0904.JPG

100_0906.JPG

100_0898.JPG

dontcha just love them kind of new additions
another bean to start growing like crazy :yay::48:

Those beans been giving me problems.
Had some really good bag seed like Cinderella, Fourway, and ect, but couldn't get them to sprout. Went back to the bubba/kush bag seed and another one sprouted right away....Go figure, maybe good for me:) maybe not :(

It doesn't take long for the mistakes that you made to show up.
These are a few of the mistakes I have done so far.
1) The paint I use on the bucket and lid scrapes off way to easy.
Does anybody know of a decent paint that doesn't flake off plastic so easy?
2)Read in some forum here that you should top water your DWC until the roots get established.---Forgot to do this till today. What a difference, the plant had slowed in growth and was a light green. Now after a single top watering the plant has changed to that deep green and look really vibrant
I had used a rockwool cube to start my bean,and I put it in my net pot also, maybe I shouldn't have?

I am sure there are more mistakes, they just haven't risen up yet.

The pictures show 72 hours in the bucket.

100_0908.JPG

100_0910.JPG

wow she is a nice shade of green ,,,:48: sorry carnt help yu out on anything as im learning of a you :p

yes that little bit of top feeding really made a difference. It was amazing, it seemed that like within seconds, the color started getting darker.

Well not much has changed. Still giving them a good top feeding once in a while. There are a few more roots that are reaching the nutes. The roots are real nice and white:) Its hard to tell by the pictures but the plant is 2 1/2 inches tall.
For some reason I can't get my flipping computer to upload pics:hairpull:
Oh well... I checked my reservoir temp. it was 72'F 22'C
The temp at the top of the plant is 79'F..26'C
The room temp away from light 62' F..18'C
Outside temp 16'F..-9'C. Wind chill -1'F...-19'C.
Light hanging from top of plant distance is 14 1/2 inches
Light is a 400 watt Mh Sunmaster warm
I don't know if that is the correct temp for the reservoir or not,I need to read some more.

Looking good. btw the air stones you have are the 'best' and only ones I will ever use. Best of Luck

Thanks Dexter. I am trying.

i use 3 gals. of water in my 5 gal. buckets from start to finish.i do top off with straight ph'd water in between res changes.i never foiliar feed my ladies.they get all they need from the nutes.i also use the big round,weighted airstones.when i change my res,i have buckets all ready nuted and ph'd,pick the airstone,lid and place directly into the new bucket.very easy,until they get huge.then you have to be careful.
lookin good pcduck

I was thinking along those same lines Andy, on the easiest way to change buckets. I put an outlet on the side of my bucket for the air to connect to, that may hamper me on the easy exchange of the buckets.Still very possible with only one extra complete bucket. I don't think I put a full 3 gallons in the bucket, I just filled it to the bottom of the net pot. Maybe that is why I have had to top feed occasionally?

Still having problems with my picture uploads. The computer is telling me its a connectivity issue, whatever that is, I have a mobile broadband card and very clueless. ha ha So if anyone knows how to fix this issue let me know, PLEasE. I"ll post pictures when I can.

up date: still green and now getting bushy. new one has its first leaves.
Been so cold here I have been able to lower my light to 13 inches, so thats an advantage,so far. Will have to watch the weather close for any warm ups, would hate to burn the tops.

Here are a few pictures. I am trying to upload more.
These were taken a couple of days ago.

100_0912.JPG

100_0914.JPG

100_0916.JPG

Here are some more. some were yesterday and some are today. Everything is going good so far, I guess. I am starting to make another bucket for my middle sprout( the little one in the pics), plus I had another little one break thru today(not pictured). I never imagined that it would be such a problem to find BLACK buckets, but it is turning out to be a chore. The local hydro store(42miles away) want $7.50 a bucket and $10.50 for a pre-made lid with net pot.:rofl: I also found some black paint that says that it is for plastic. I am going to try it out, I'll let you know how it works.

100_0917.JPG

100_0920.JPG

100_0921.JPG

100_0924.JPG

Latest posts

Back