pcduck's first DWC

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks TurkeyNeck. Just learning this DWC stuff. I am trying to get a small 4 bucket grow with this set up.

Note on the bubba/kush bag seed: planted 3--sprouted 3-- unidentified sex,hoping for the ladies. 2 in rockwool cubes, 1 in cup of dirt (will remove most of dirt prior to placing in bucket) just to try.

you'll be glad you made the switch. I'll never go back to soil..

If this DWC stays as easy as it has so far, my back will be very grateful. Just using soil in my outdoor grow will be nice. :)

I am glad I listened to Andy52, he said don't cement the air stone down and change air stone and all when changing buckets. I see why now, the roots get all tangled up in the air line. I tore some roots when changing out the bucket today. I will remove the silicon on my first bucket. Built a second bucket and didn't silicon it down. Second bucket looks better than the first one, but has no spigot yet. NOTE TO SELF: put air line in back-spigot in front...looks better.

Here are some updated photos of the family.

pictures coming

100_0925.JPG

100_0926.JPG

100_0927.JPG

Thanks UKgirl420 and andy52 now if I can only get me a lady out of this mess.:)......... I did up the nutes today from 4-4-4 to 10-7-4 on the big plant little plant on 4-4-4. The big plant turned a healthy green when changed.

I think I need to name these instead of using big, middle and little plant for names ha ha ah....something thats good for both genders till I find out the sex of the plants. I am going to have to think about this.

I just got back from the hydro store. They didn't have those type of air stones,but they knew what I was talking about, they are sold out till Friday.grrr
But I did pick up a bigger air pump and some ph up/down and a 12 valve air diffuser. Paid a few dollars more at the hydro store, but no shipping so its about the same.

100_0932.JPG

getting it together well.is it hard for you,like it is me,when i enter the hydro store,i want to get a shopping cart,lol so many goodies.i would love to say,give me one of each.lol kid in a candy store.

This is the pump I got yesterday its 35 watt / 950 gph. Now I need a heavy rubber mat. The air diffuser is nice and I will have a couple of extra valves for miscellaneous use. I did have to tap the air diffuser with a 5/8" 18 thread in order to make connection to the air line. I also bought some more net pots so that I can make some more buckets. I am gonna use six buckets in my grow, plus I may make a couple for my sisters, for Christmas presents.

Checked my ph yesterday and it was way off. That was the reason for the trip to the hydro store. Anyway, I got my ph down to where it should be.I put just under 1ml / gallon. The ph kit I bought comes with a handy dropper to measure with,nice.

100_0930.JPG

100_0931.JPG

100_0933.JPG

That's a nice pump. I use a marine reef pump similar to yours and it works great. I get a lot of my stuff online from Marine Depot; cheaper than the hydro store in this town.

Thanks for the tip. I never thought of looking in a marine site. Will have to do that. No Marine store around here that I know of, will have to double check.

lookin dang good. check out my old dwc grow. i had great success with dwc in my first try. it might be helpful

Here are some updated pictures. Got the ph stabilized at 6 and man does that pump,pump. I was using a cheap air stone from my fish tank days, to bubble up a new batch of water and had to turn the valve down because of spillage I think that it would have spilled water out of a 5 gallon bucket with only 3 gallons in it. A little noisy, working on that.

I have decided to call my large plant Charlie until I find out the sex. The second largest I am calling Toni and the baby(so far) will be ?? can't think of one right now. To many bong rips of Durban Poison:D

Charlie is at 5" now. And I can't remember the arrival date.

100_0937.JPG

100_0938.JPG

looks might fine my friend.. Hydro is the way to go... and it looks like you have it figured out so far..Tell Charlie Turkey sais hello;) GL bro!

Just got back from helping a friend and checked on the family. Looks like I might have over ferted Charlie. Dark green leaves and a few leave tips turned under.:( To tired to take and post pics, will do tomorrow if not better. Toni is fine and so is baby Jess

Latest posts

Back