pcduck's first DWC

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
give em time bro.it will probably come back.these babies can take alot of abuse.i torture mine regularly.i have dropped lights on em and broke stems.lol i have taped em up with duct tape and they keep on keepn on.good luck bro

I hope so Andy. With Jessie I did not start in rockwool just dirt. It was during the removal of the soil that the tumble accrued. Was trying to see if the babies did better in the DWC without the rockwool. Thinking of going back to rockwool easier to handle. Or maybe I should have my morning coffee before gardening. :)

lol,its all good bro.i use the rapid rooter plugs for starting seeds and clones in.so far i'm 100%. i have rinsed soil from a few small ones before with no ill effects.i have a mess in my tent.i've got 6 plants in there now.i should only have 4.but i had to.i still have 2 crystal clones also.gonna get tight if i have no males.one time i'm praying for some males.lol
have a nice day.

Andy52
The person who is mentoring me also uses one large pump for all of his plants. Has no problem with noise.
I will not be doing as many plants as he is, but being an old aquarium guy I have some decent piston pumps laying around

sorry to hear pc duck about little jess but im sure she will pull through

ive come to realise lately:rolleyes: they are quite resilient plants :rofl:

just another shot of green mojo for jess speddy recovery :peace:

Thanks UKgirl420. I checked and took pics this morning and Jessie's little leaves are once again lifted to the light. :)

Popped 3 more beans in soil yesterday @ 3p.m. I wonder if these will sprout in 2 days like the rest.

Charlie is ready for 12/12 but I want to wait for the others, maybe pinching Charlie a little.

One observation about DWC, once enough of the roots reach the nutes, they really take off.

Some more family pics maybe, having a devil of a time uploading pics.:confused:

100_0949.JPG

100_0950.JPG

lookin good bro.hey twitch,i use one also,just put a thick rubber mat under the pump and no problems.quiet

looking at your journal has inspired me to try my DWC system again. I have attempted three times now and my plants just dont grow in it. Every time the roots grow like crazy but the plants just dont grow at all. You had more growth with your plant in one day than I had in two weeks. I get pissed off every time and go back to soil but i want to try again. Thanks

Thanks Andy. I tried the rubber mat, still pretty loud. Right now I have mine strapped in with bungees, no vibrations, still have pump noise. I have put the little piece of hose, that came with the pump, on the back side of the pump. This has quieted it down a bit, but I don't know if this is good for the pump. But man does she pump! You can easily feel the air flow up from the buckets thru the net pots.

maineharvest Thanks I am glad I can inspire someone:) This is my first attempt in this format, so its trial and error for me. But with the good people of MP helping it is coming along.

hey bro,hell i like to know my pumps are working,lol i sleep about 2 ft from my grows.and if a pump quits,i'm awake.

I guess that when it is just normally so quite a person can hear the faintest noises. I live in the middle of nowhere.:aok:

The first pump that I bought was kinda loud so I went out and bought this more expensive special pump that is supposed to silent and when I set it up it was way louder than my ten dollar pump.

So is there such a thing as a silent pump or do they all make noise? And is it a reasonable price or do I have to spend two hundred dollars on a pump?

All pumps make noise. You just need to limit the vibration the best you can or make a sound insulated box.

Google Cheap Hydro and they have a 950 g/h pump on sale for $35

i've grown so used to hearing my pums run,that i can tell if a line comes off.lol just a different sound.of course that rarely happens.but when i get in there and moving buckets around,it has happened.luckily i have caught them in time.

Update: Charlie is now 11 1/2" and I pinched a few spots,
Update: Toni was looking a little light in color checked ph and adjusted and added 5 ml of grow which added 100 ppm's picked right up
Update: Jessie looks like gonna make it. Top watering helping.
Update: 3 new beans, 48 hours and nothing yet

nice job andy for helpin pduck out...

I have one question.. I did got 2 gal air compression...electronic too...
its campbell brand from wal mart lol... anyway... will it be super to use that kind of air comp. ?? along wit 5 of 5 gal dwc buckets? its small and great for my truck, check air pressure on my tires.. and all that.. or should I stick with aqua air pump ?

think ya got the wrong kind of pump papa.you wanna blow them out the buckets,lol

andy52 said:
think ya got the wrong kind of pump papa.you wanna blow them out the buckets,lol

:giggle:
pcduckUpdate: Charlie is now 11 1/2" and I pinched a few spots,
Update: Toni was looking a little light in color checked ph and adjusted and added 5 ml of grow which added 100 ppm's picked right up
Update: Jessie looks like gonna make it. Top watering helping.
Update: 3 new beans, 48 hours and nothing yet
and may i ask wher the pictures are to accompany the text :ignore:

:48: :fly: :48: :fly:

UKgirl420 said:
and may i ask wher the pictures are to accompany the text :ignore:

lol....They are coming. my computer is rubbish and don't like to upload:(

papabeach1 said:
I have one question.. I did got 2 gal air compression...electronic too...
its campbell brand from wal mart lol... anyway... will it be super to use that kind of air comp. ?? along wit 5 of 5 gal dwc buckets? its small and great for my truck, check air pressure on my tires.. and all that.. or should I stick with aqua air pump ?

Papa that is a high pressure pump and like Andy said would pretty much blow them out of the bucket. You could put a pressure regulator on it to lower the output pressure to the 2.5 to 3.5 psi that you would need. Then you could run alot of buckets. But would be cheaper to run the aqua pump.

Latest posts

Back