Moon Cycles and indoor growing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

freerein

Herbalist
Reaction score
I do all my cloning, transplanting and harvesting according to the moon cycles. I alway propogate starts during a waxing moon 2-3 days before full moon optimum. Transplant, prune, bug control on the waning moon phase, The most sensitive times are 2-3 days before the dark moon. I always harvest on the dark moon and stop watering a week or more before the harvest/dark moon. The question I have is, does it make any difference considering I am growing indoors? It makes sense to me because of the energy the moon creates on the earth during different cycle. I assume most people probably don't follow the moon cycle at all in regards to their growing efforts.

Comments Welcome

PHHHHHHHT :D

If you are growing indoors, it makes absolutely no diff......

That, as you said, is the reason that indoor growers don't follow the moon's cycle at all...

keep it simple for yourself:)

hmm.. the effects of the moon on gardening are not light specific IMO. But more about gravitational pull and possibly other unknowns. "I" would believe that any effects the moon have, would be the same indoors as outdoors.

Hick said:
hmm.. the effects of the moon on gardening are not light specific IMO. But more about gravitational pull and possibly other unknowns. "I" would believe that any effects the moon have, would be the same indoors as outdoors.
:yeahthat:

Just because you can't see the moon or moonlight doesn't mean there is no effect, indoors or out.:hubba:

My wife gets just as nutty during a full moon, weather she's indoors or outside.:D

I usually just head for the next county over.:holysheep:

DD

no offense but this is a waste of time.

how many people completely ignore moon phases and get excellent results.

many many ppl, so why bother.

if you enjoy it, well then party on.

it wasnt meant to be harsh, i dont think it came across that way at all.

IronLungs said:
"" All my writings on this site/subject are a fantasy of my imagination of a time when i can grow and smoke in peace and tranquility with my neighbour" I'm serious, I'm making this stuff up."

I guess you were just making it all up anyway................

:yeahthat:

Every word i ever wrote on here.

:bolt:

freerein said:
I do all my cloning, transplanting and harvesting according to the moon cycles. I alway propogate starts during a waxing moon 2-3 days before full moon optimum. Transplant, prune, bug control on the waning moon phase, The most sensitive times are 2-3 days before the dark moon. I always harvest on the dark moon and stop watering a week or more before the harvest/dark moon. The question I have is, does it make any difference considering I am growing indoors? It makes sense to me because of the energy the moon creates on the earth during different cycle. I assume most people probably don't follow the moon cycle at all in regards to their growing efforts.

Comments Welcome

PHHHHHHHT :D

My unit at the hosp is ALWAYS nuts on a full moon, half the unit is psychotic and the other half confused... the rest just quite bent...and that's just the staff :)

no, really, there IS a correlation between patients and the full moon. And they're inside, sooooo...

The moon sits in our gravitational well with us, and it's a planet sized sallelite, why would anyone think it didn't have some kind of effect? It's not hochus pochus, it's a bloody big chunk of rock spinning on around us and it has an obvious effect on the biggest single portion of our planet, ALL of it's water. And we and our plants are mostly water. I know my brain is rather sensitive to pressure fluctuations, i get barometric change headaches and i dream VIVIDLY on full moon nights.

Interesting thinking on the plants, thanks.

SkunkPatronus said:
My unit at the hosp is ALWAYS nuts on a full moon, half the unit is psychotic and the other half confused... the rest just quite bent...and that's just the staff :)

no, really, there IS a correlation between patients and the full moon. And they're inside, sooooo...

The moon sits in our gravitational well with us, and it's a planet sized sallelite, why would anyone think it didn't have some kind of effect? It's not hochus pochus, it's a bloody big chunk of rock spinning on around us and it has an obvious effect on the biggest single portion of our planet, ALL of it's water. And we and our plants are mostly water. I know my brain is rather sensitive to pressure fluctuations, i get barometric change headaches and i dream VIVIDLY on full moon nights.

i dont doubt any of what your saying but.........

if you completely ignore the moons cycles when growing you can grow just as well.

It does not need to be considered when clonning, vegging, or flowering

is all i originally meant.

i dont doubt any of what your saying but.........

if you completely ignore the moons cycles when growing you can grow just as well.

It does not need to be considered when clonning, vegging, or flowering

is all i originally meant.[/quote]

Probably, but you neeeeeeeeeeever know. Personally i'd like to hear that the moons pull will pull a little more THC out of the plants... but i doubt that i have the patients to calculate all or any of the phases of the moon before i do stuff with my plants. Honestly i have my hands full just looking at the household calendar in the kitchen without regard to the phases of the moon. I think organic soil in a bag and dog fur on my buds is about as 'naturey' as i will get this month. But ya neeeever know...

Okay, now I've heard this ref to having dog hair on the buds once too often without asking,( sorry to jump off subject here ), what magic does dog hair have that I've been missing ?
The moon's gravatational effect in all logic should be reversed, after all if it is still pulling then the filaments, white hair's, etc. would not be recededing but still reaching for the sun. Not a good harvest senario for any standard I would think. Outdoor harvester's would probibly benifit from the extra light I guess.
But my experience is all indoor so this is just speculation.
It is very interesting though and I will keep following the thread.

Dog hair iS a pain. It floats around in the air and gets stuck to the buds.
I don't have any trouble with the moon though. When I want to howl I go into the grow room, it muffles the sound quite well and the plants seem to like it.

oh, it's more of a joke for dog owners i think, i have cats too but they don't seem to hairpie the weed as much as my dogs do. The majic is owning the dog, and i think that the hair in my bud is just my dogs helping with my harvest, they leave their hair mojo in it so to speak.

My dogs' help with the overall ambience of my grow room lounging around among the pots and sack of dirt and trying to drink from the res and panting and droling on some leaves. My cat has successfully fertilizeds a few pots of dirt over the years too...oooooowww.

it's kinda funny picking out the short chihuahua or the red rhodesian ridgeback hairs from the vaporizor wand and commenting on the 'gift' ya got while you're spouse laughs.

But it's all very 'natural' so that was why i referenced to it.

SkunkPatronus said:
but they don't seem to hairpie the weed as much

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
'nuff said.

SkunkPatronus said:
My unit at the hosp is ALWAYS nuts on a full moon, half the unit is psychotic and the other half confused... the rest just quite bent...and that's just the staff

What do you mean "Your Unit"???
You mean the unit you are assigned to-lol
Or maybe the unit they put you on????
lmao
Its like logic stops here..

Yep I'm with skunk patronis and the guy in the shower cap on this one-no matter what unit they are on-lol

:)
Gb

Thanks, thought I had missed some Golden oppertunity to make magic by keeping my little Yorkie out of my grow room, hahahahaha.
take care.

GeezerBudd said:
lmao

Yep I'm with skunk patronis and the guy in the shower cap on this one-no matter what unit they are on-lol

Gb
........:rofl:...........
"
I heard you mention children
Did you say there's one or two?
You say I quit my job
And then I drank myself insane
You say that I ran down the highway
Screaming out your name
Well, that's not the sort of thing that I would do

I absolutely positively
Know that can't be true
But everyone I know here in this place
Is really strange
If you'll hand me my crayons
I'll be glad to take your name
In case I run across that guy you knew"

I know I'll catch it for this post but, I have been cloning when the moon is in Cancer or Scorpio for years and years. It is just the way I was taught. Have tried every day of the month but, when I clone in these 2 moon phazes the clone seem to root faster. It could have something to due with the face that I clone straight in soil to. Just because your plants never see the moon don't mean it can't have a effect on them. But this is just my way of doing and looking at life.

GeezerBudd said:
lmao

Gb

:yeahthat: :holysheep: :dancing: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Hey Hick, I have shower caps on my unit too...

And Ozzy, Why Cancer and Scorpio? Wouldn't it be better to Plant in Virgo, the 'Goddess of Farms and Harvest'?

Virgo is a barren sign according to almanacs.

For planting and transplanting the signs in ttheir order of their effectiveness are:

Cancer A fruitful, Water sign. Seeds germinate quickly. It is favorable to growth and insure an abundant yield. Most fruitful sign.
Scorpio A fruitful, water sign. Ranks next to Cancer in fruitfulness
Pisces A fruitful Water sign. Produces excellent results for fruit and bulbs. Short growth, good roots
Taurus A fixed Earth Sign. Productive sign, especially favorable for root crops
Libra A strong Moveable sign. Produces vigorous pulp growth and roots and a reasonable ammount of grain. Produces many flowers(perferred for beauty and fragrance), small leaves, few seeds.
Capricorn A Moist Moveable Sign. Somewhat productive favoring root crops

Barren Signs
Leo Virgo

Gemini Aquarius

Are the most barren Signs but are ezcellent for cultavating and weeding

Aries Sagittarius

Are moveable Fire Signs, governed by the Sun and are best for cultivating but can be used for planting onions and garlic

This was copyed from the Blum's Farmer's and planter's Almamac

Latest posts

Back