Auto White Russian Timex GJ ~ OHC style

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Chef and Duck and Hammy :)
It's all good - she's a Merry Widow this AM and I see definate growth on all the top bud sites. I took the wet/dry cycle thread to the extreem though.

OldHippieChick said:
Hi Chef and Duck and Hammy :)
It's all good - she's a Merry Widow this AM and I see definate growth on all the top bud sites. I took the wet/dry cycle thread to the extreem though.

Good to hear OHC...sometimes taking it to the extreme can work out well...I bet you had some good root growth while it was searching for water....:)

Day 9 for the AWR seedlings
Day 14 flowering for the WW

Thanks for the good thoughts Chef and Mr. Lewis ;).
The WW stepchild perked up from the water neglect but promptly came down with an extreme case of pale green leaves that usually means CalMag is needed STAT. She got CalMag full strength along with half strength BioWeed, BioBud and BioThrive this AM. I'm anxious to see what I'll find when the light goes on in 45 min.

While I wait, here's an updated pic of the 4 AWRs I transplanted into 2 gal. pots this evening..... Miracle Grow seed starter and 20% additional perlite. I don't care for the way this soil compacts so I thought I'd try to keep it airy.

They all vary in size and stretch and two had crazy weak stems so I burried them almost flush with the soil. The shortest leaf set is 1.5"w and the widest is 3.5"W

I see the leaves appear to have some yellowing near their centers.... I'm afraid this is my photography and not a true representation. The color is good - real good deep green.
Not a LOT of improvement over the dirt pics from two weeks ago - YAWN....

010.JPG

ozzydiodude said:
Green Mojo to help your ladies to grow
"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to ozzydiodude again."
thanks Ozzie - you made me chuckle - balance - yeah we could use a bit right about now. ;)

225 sorry I lied and didn't post one last night..... I was in shock when I opened the tent and found her half dead looking. Will post one this evening - and will be asking for help in developing a recovery plan. She looks like she has several things going on - might need to replant if someone tells me its nute lock .... I just know she's gona turn hermie on me. She's taken more crap from me than I would wish on any plant. Promise to post when her light goes on this evening.

So here they are - please help if you can....
ph has been 6.4 but I suspect a nute block and am considering repotting and putting her back into veg for a few weeks while she still is a female.

I'm going back into the sick plant section to make sure I present my amature diagnosis correctly here - please comment, thanks.

005.JPG

006.JPG

010.JPG

002.JPG

:confused: Leaves are a uniform yellow or light green; leaves die & drop; growth is slow. Leaf margins are not curled-up noticeably. >> Nitrogen (N) deficiency.

Margins of the leaves are turned up, and the tips may be twisted. Leaves are yellowing (and may turn brown), but the veins remain somewhat green. >> Magnesium (Mg) deficiency.

Leaves are dark green or red/purple. Stems and petioles may have purple & red on them. Leaves may turn yellow or curl under. Leaf may drop easily. Growth may be slow and
leaves may be small
. >> Phosphorous (P) deficiency.

Leaves are yellow or white, but the veins are mostly green. >> Iron (Fe) deficiency.:confused:

Leaves are light green or yellow beginning at the base, while the leaf
margins remain green
. Necrotic spots may be between veins. Leaves are not twisted. >> Manganese (Mn) deficiency.

I see that I've been treating with mangesium when the same symptoms may require Manganese. ?????

I'm conflicted about a iron deficiency because I've read that's very rare ?

I see evidence of N and P deficiency but if a WW can't handle full strength nutes how am I supposed to get these levels up?

I read on another forum that I should add 1 1/2 tsp per gallon of hydrogen peroxide to the water and flush or transplant into fresh soil and put her back into veg.....

Wow she is very bushy..I hve never grown WW before..looks like something is going on for sure though...hopefully someone with experience growing WW will chime in...looks like some sort of deficiency...

Hello OHC :)

Click quote at the bottom and fill as much of this in as you can so we know as much as you do.

SOIL:

How long has this problem been going on?

What STRAIN are you growing?

What was the establishing technique? (seed or clone?)

What is the age of your plants?

How long have they been in the soil mixture they are in now?

How Tall are the plants?

What PHASE (seedling, vegetative or flower) are the plants in?

What Technique are you using? (SOG, SCROG etc)

What size pots are you using? (Include how many subjects to pot)

What substrate/medium are you using? What brand of soil mixture are you using?(percentage of perlite, vermiculite...etc?)

What Nutrient's are you using?

How much of each nutrient are you using with how much water? *Knowing the brand is very helpful*

How often are you feeding?

If flowering, when did you switch over to using Bloom nutrients?

What order are you mixing your nutrients? (example: veg nutes 1st, bloom 2nd ect)

What is the TDS/EC/PPM of your nutrients used?

What is the pH of the "RUN-OFF"?

What method of pH test was administered? Using Strips? pH pen?

How often are you watering?

When was your last feeding and how often are you feeding?

What size bulb are you using?

What is the distance to the canopy?

What is your RH Factor? (Relative Humidity)

What is the canopy temperature?

What is the Day/Night Temp? (Include fluctuation range)

What is the current Air Flow? (cfm etc.)

Tell us about your ventilation, intake exhaust and when its running and not running ?

Is the fan blowing directly at plants?

Is the grow substrate constantly wet or moist?

Is your water HARD or SOFT?

What water are you using? Reverse Osmosis (RO)? Tap? Bottled? Well water? Distilled? Mineral Water?

Are you using water from a water softener?

Has plant been recently pruned, cloned or pinched?

Have any pest chemicals been used? If so what and when?

Are plant's infected with pest's?

:peace:

I would not reg-veg at this point. When I grew WW outdoors she yellowed up quick like that. I added a bit of epsom salts/or calmag at watering. What is your N amount?

HippyInEngland said:
Hello OHC :)

Click quote at the bottom and fill as much of this in as you can so we know as much as you do.

SOIL: MiracleGrow seed starter

How long has this problem been going on? you got me - it's been one thing or another since week 4 - this yellowing with the green veins has been the biggest issue but has repeatedly gotten better with calmag. The nute burn incident early on seemed to be at a halt. The tops all got burned around Thanksgiving and that seems to be resolved. This is a loaded question for me as I'm new, timid because of WW "nute sensitivity" and no experience.

What STRAIN are you growing? White Widow

What was the establishing technique? (seed or clone?) seed

What is the age of your plants? 3 mo

How long have they been in the soil mixture they are in now? 3 mo.

How Tall are the plants? soil to tip 27"

What PHASE (seedling, vegetative or flower) are the plants in? 2 wk. into flower

What Technique are you using? (SOG, SCROG etc) none - topped once

What size pots are you using? (Include how many subjects to pot) 2 gallon - 1 plant

What substrate/medium are you using? What brand of soil mixture are you using?(percentage of perlite, vermiculite...etc?) none - soil appears to have less than 10% perlite/vermiculite added by mfg.

What Nutrient's are you using? General Organics

How much of each nutrient are you using with how much water? *Knowing the brand is very helpful* Per gallon - two rounds in flower of full strength CalMag, 1/2 strength bio bud, bio thrive and bio weed.

How often are you feeding? every other watering - watering day varies from 3/4 days

If flowering, when did you switch over to using Bloom nutrients? week 2 in flowering

What order are you mixing your nutrients? (example: veg nutes 1st, bloom 2nd ect) CalMag then bloom per the chart on the GH website

What is the TDS/EC/PPM of your nutrients used? I don't know what this is

What is the pH of the "RUN-OFF"? last time it was 6.4 after a thorough watering - this time I didn't check it OR adjust ph after mixing nutes because a poster here brought to light the the new GO nutes directions say to NOT adjust PH after mixing - to start with adjusted water. The gist was that the organic nature of the nutes when interacting with the soil would adjust the ph???? I know - sounds crazy to me but I'm just a sheep.... baaah baaah.

What method of pH test was administered? Using Strips? pH pen? Hanna 6000 pen

How often are you watering? averages twice a week - once plain ph adj. and once with nutes.

When was your last feeding and how often are you feeding? 12/27 every other watering

What size bulb are you using? 600w HPS

What is the distance to the canopy? 6in - it's a cool tube

What is your RH Factor? (Relative Humidity) 24%

What is the canopy temperature? 83F

What is the Day/Night Temp? (Include fluctuation range) up to 85F and as low as 69F

What is the current Air Flow? (cfm etc.) 170

Tell us about your ventilation, intake exhaust and when its running and not running ? can fan intake.... cool tube connected to filter and exhaust exiting tent... oscolating fan for circulation. runs 24/7

Is the fan blowing directly at plants? varies, blows across tops in heat of day and then up at night for circulation

Is the grow substrate constantly wet or moist? no

Is your water HARD or SOFT? hard but not excessive - no evidence of rust on outlets, some calcium buildup in bowl in rarely used toilet noticed...

What water are you using? Reverse Osmosis (RO)? Tap? Bottled? Well water? Distilled? Mineral Water? Distilled bottled or tap that's sat out 24 hrs

Are you using water from a water softener? no

Has plant been recently pruned, cloned or pinched? no

Have any pest chemicals been used? If so what and when? no

Are plant's infected with pest's? no

And in response to your earlier questionse - 2 gallon pot and No - no roots visible out the bottom holes....

thanks HIE
(hug)

pcduck said:
I would not reg-veg at this point. When I grew WW outdoors she yellowed up quick like that. I added a bit of epsom salts/or calmag at watering. What is your N amount?
duck - I don't understand the question. I don't know how to measure my N amount. Can you ask it another way perhaps? Thanks !

OldHippieChick said:
duck - I don't understand the question. I don't know how to measure my N amount. Can you ask it another way perhaps? Thanks !

Pc is asking what the N-P-K values of your feed are.

"...a poster here brought to light the the new GO nutes directions say to NOT adjust PH after mixing - to start with adjusted water..."

I didn't see this anywhere in the booklet that came with the nutes....where does it say to adjust the pH prior to adding nutes?

The Hemp Goddess said:
"...a poster here brought to light the the new GO nutes directions say to NOT adjust PH after mixing - to start with adjusted water..."

I didn't see this anywhere in the booklet that came with the nutes....where does it say to adjust the pH prior to adding nutes?

Here's the post where it's discussed.....
http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=50918

I've been doing some reading and with the help of Dr Manny Bowles I've discovered I've made two major mistakes with my nutes.... (GO). I should have been feeding the plant every watering and these nutes are not as strong as FF so full strength for a WW (vs 1/2) would be acceptable. So this means my 1/2 strength every other watering is 1/4 of what she needs....

Latest posts

Back