Auto grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i will have to subscribe to it to see how you do! and see your setup. PM me a link when it goes up.....and GREEN MOJO to you and your plants

im quite excited because my 2 babies just showed themselves are little ladies :hubba:

my camera cant zoom in to show the little white pistils, but i just snapped a pic of each to keep this journal rolling right along.............

and to you auto growers, i have to ask, im gonna be using tiger bloom, when do you guess recommend starting to use the nutes. i was gonna start at 1/4 strength then move up to full strength after a few waterings, if the plants like em.....with no further ado, here are the pics! first is rrf, second is hbd

2-2-10rrfSEX.jpg

2-2-10hbdSEX.jpg

Big congratulations on your new lady friends "showing themselves":hubba:
You sly dog you!
xox
OHC

Gratz on the ladys wally. Id say ur thinking is on track with the 1/4 strength for the transition period. Do u plan on giving them a lil nitrogen also or u just going strait to all P and K? Have never seen any ff nutes so i got gh 3parts, Was wanting to get the G-O line but havent seen much on how there working yet, that and i still got 3 gallons of the other nutes yet to burn up lol.

honestly i think the FFOF has enough nutes to last until it really starts to bloom. the tiger bloom is 2-8-4 but if i see a N deficiancy i will definately take care of it when that comes along. i picked up some Cha Ching so im gonna toss that into the mix as well. i want to get some nice buds.

I usually start autos on bloom nutrients once they start flowering... I don't use "hot" soil though so I am not sure about when you shld start them on it...maybe gve them a taste at 1/4 strength and then watch closely for a day or two for nute burn...congrats

thanks HL. this journal started missing you a bit! next watering ill give em 1/4 strength and see how they take it...

wally150 said:
thanks HL. this journal started missing you a bit! next watering ill give em 1/4 strength and see how they take it...

Just make sure you watch them and be ready to flush if necessary...with a soil with added nutes I wld err on the side of caution and take it slow...The first time i grew autos I didn't use any nutrients at all and I had a good harvest...

im gonna take your advice hamster. when they finish the initial flowering "stretch" i might start nutes. i hear autos are pretty sensitive with nutes. ill play it by ear, and im always ready to flush..... :p

Hamster Lewis said:
I usually start autos on bloom nutrients once they start flowering... I don't use "hot" soil though so I am not sure about when you shld start them on it...maybe gve them a taste at 1/4 strength and then watch closely for a day or two for nute burn...congrats

As hamster said, I have HEARD that you start flowering around the time they show themselves. I think after this first auto run with hydro I am going with soil. Im an outdoors grower, so Im sticking to what I know. Looking great there Wally. Makes me excited to see what I got coming in a couple weeks.

I kinda veered off of my initial plans of not nuting yet.......its been 10 days since they were transplanted and hadnt watered since, and the pots got nice and light and soil was dried out. The other day i put about 1/2 a teaspoon of tiger bloom in a gallon of water, and PHed it, the only problem is i had some plain PHed water right next to that gallon that i intended to use to water tonight. Well i went ahead and absentmindedly used the nuted water......OOPS. So now its time to watch real close for nute burn and im ready to flush if needed. hopefully i wont have to.

on a happier note, i was concerned about the runoff of my water through the FFOF. i would pour 6.6 water through it when transplanting and the runoff was 7.2 or so. Today the water was 6.5 and the runoff out of the FFOF is 6.6.

Wally,
Sorry for the long absence-Dang-that diesel looks good!
I use FFOF for every grow-it is quite fortified.
But I have'nt grown any autos-So you on your own.
You may have to flush or you may not.
Just keep an eye-well, you know, check 'em now and then.
Green Mojo!!
:)
:aok:
Gb

well they arent showing any burn signs yet. I kept reading different opinions on nuting. some schedules said every watering, others said every other. I think ill stick with every other watering for nutes. that seems to be the norm for nutes. thanks again to hamster lewis for clearing some stuff up

wally150 said:
well they arent showing any burn signs yet. I kept reading different opinions on nuting. some schedules said every watering, others said every other. I think ill stick with every other watering for nutes. that seems to be the norm for nutes. thanks again to hamster lewis for clearing some stuff up

You can tweak it up a little bit. Different plants can take different amounts of nutes. Some of mine love it. I use FF big bloom according to the charts it's done well for me. Good luck.

i've never seen those seed starters befroe. just curious what they are. i also thought it was a cupcake or something at first. i didn't know if you were showing us some muchies you had made that day or some type of starter. everything looks great.

those seed starters are like dehydrated soil in little white netting, they come real flat, and you just soak em in water until they expand and look like some cupcakes. you can find em anywhere.

right on thank you. i think ive seen them before at the store they look like little pellets or hockey pucks right? i usually just put straight in soil though and water lightly once a day. with a sprayer to areate the water. it works fine and ive only lost one seed before. what kind of success do you have with those pucks.

yeah, like real small, diamater of them is maybe 3 inches. I use em in the seed starter humidity dome that you can find them in, i lost a few seedlings but it was because i tried to them let go too long in the seed starters, once they sprout and look a nice shade of green and start to get their first set of leaves, i would transplant. with this method ive had almost 100% success rate. when i let them sit around and try to grow in those they would die off. I just like getting my seedlings out of the ground and started before i put them in their final pots. ill probably continue this method for the near future because it seems to work for me.

Latest posts

Back