What's in Roddy's Garden Today??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Roddy said:
Yep, but doesn't show much of WHERE or HOW to check.

A call to my hydro buddy told me a few places to take clippings, I then took them in and he showed me what to look for on the leaf and where. I found I was over-magnifying and looking beyond the taller trichomes...being a new "parent" tending to my baby, I was anxious! :48:

The Kandy Kush is at about 30% amber, going to hold off a few days and check again! The Pineapple Express is more around 5% lol...and the over-magnified view made this one look more amber than the kush!! :D Glad I learned what I was doing there, a good day!

Didn't realize we could see our rep comments etc, but someone left this comment with a red rep for the above quote: 01-30-2011 04:17 AM dont be stupid

Not trying to cause any problems, no clue who left this comment and don't care...but would like to know what was stupid about the comment?? Since I didn't know what I was looking for, where to look or how to look, I am glad I decided to ask instead of think I knew...so glad I learned all I needed about trich checking. If learning is stupid, I apologize. :rolleyes:

Please, point out my stupidity?

Dont sweat it Roddy...Some Kids just get Jelious..I forwrd that crap to a Moderator...Stay on track..Things looking well...Take care and be safe

:48:

:) THANKS 4U! It's not a biggie, just makes you wonder why.

It's just as easy to leave constructive criticism as it is to leave rude comments, and constructive criticism is usually taken as intended (helpful) whereas these comments tend to offend. I'll never claim to be the sharpest knife in the drawer, I promise to make ignorant comments... :D

Roddy said:
:) THANKS 4U! It's not a biggie, just makes you wonder why.

It's just as easy to leave constructive criticism as it is to leave rude comments, and constructive criticism is usually taken as intended (helpful) whereas these comments tend to offend. I'll never claim to be the sharpest knife in the drawer, I promise to make ignorant comments... :D

It was me. I did it because I hate you. You are a cancer sore on the anus of or forum......just kidding. I love pretty much everything you post. Don't worry about the garbage. I read that post and I see nothing wrong with it. Good MOJO for your plants!

-SSF-

Just gave you a boost of rep to make up for it. cowards who ever left it and didn't sign the name.

LOL, rep doesn't matter to me, if you like my comments, you'll read...but THANKS Jericho!

This post wasn't to out who it was, not to call them out either and I'm not caring that they left it. I do wonder what was stupid in the comment though...but won't likely be finding out lol I'm always happy to hear others' thoughts, but hoping we're all adults here.

Moving on now, THANKS for the responses!!!

I'm watching the suspected hermie plant, seems crazy to chop at this stage (unless I see signs of imminent pollen danger lol)...will keep watch.

The gals upstairs in veg are really bulking up now, will get measurements as soon as I have access to the room (in an hour or so lol)

The gals in bud are really appreciating the new addition of light, the 400w HPS hanging down among the plants is really gonna be a blessing. I may not notice too much difference in the plants nearing harvest, but you can bet I will be rewarded for this!! Plans are, I want to add a pair of 600w run off a 1000w ballast...one light hanging in hood with the other used as body lighting (vert).

Two 600s run off a single 1k ballast? I'm intrigued, tell me more...

The local hydro shop sells an adaptor that can be hooked to a single 1000w ballast and run 2 600w lights. 1200w from a 1k ballast....sweet!

Roddy said:
The local hydro shop sells an adaptor that can be hooked to a single 1000w ballast and run 2 600w lights. 1200w from a 1k ballast....sweet!

I'm sorry roddy i dont see how that can work. If a 1k ballast is running 2 600w bulbs then it is not going to be putting out 1200w.

I would not trust that unless he shows you a working model of it in the shop.

This appears to be what he's talking about.

hxxp://www.sunpulselamps.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=31&Itemid=16

It does look interesting, but I bet it runs them at 500w each. It also says it's to be used with their bulbs only. I wonder what a light meter would show compared to a regular 600? Pretty cool idea though.

blackwind said:
This appears to be what he's talking about.

hxxp://www.sunpulselamps.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=31&Itemid=16

It does look interesting, but I bet it runs them at 500w each. It also says it's to be used with their bulbs only. I wonder what a light meter would show compared to a regular 600? Pretty cool idea though.

Hmm looks interesting, It cannot run them at 600w each, So there is going to be a loss of lumens somewhere.

meetmrfist2 said:
9and 1/2 ozs from one plant,dang I must me doing something wrong...
no... Some growers choose to spend the extra time on the vegetative cycle.. I'd rather flower a lot more smaller plants, and get the same or better yield in less time... Sea of green or ScrOG is the only way to go!

Roddy said:
Didn't realize we could see our rep comments etc, but someone left this comment with a red rep for the above quote: 01-30-2011 04:17 AM dont be stupid

Not trying to cause any problems, no clue who left this comment and don't care...but would like to know what was stupid about the comment?? Since I didn't know what I was looking for, where to look or how to look, I am glad I decided to ask instead of think I knew...so glad I learned all I needed about trich checking. If learning is stupid, I apologize. :rolleyes:

Please, point out my stupidity?
LEARNING IS THE DUMBEST THING YOU CAN DO! DON'T YOU KNOW THAT EVERYONE HERE KNOWS EXACTLY WHAT THEY'RE DOING? THAT'S WHY WE JOINED THE FORUM TO START WITH! Just giving you a hard time.. I had no idea what a trichrome even was when I first started out... In fact, the way you check to see if your ladies are ready for harvest has changed since I started! We used to wait until the hairs were turning orange and more than half the plant was like that... Now we know that the trichromes are where we should be deciding the maturity level from. It is most certainly neither stupid or discouraged to learn more about our trade here... That's why we all came! And to whom ever left you negative feedback, f#@* em'! They obviously don't get the gist of what we're trying to do here on the forum!

Gixxerman420 said:
no... Some growers choose to spend the extra time on the vegetative cycle.. I'd rather flower a lot more smaller plants, and get the same or better yield in less time... Sea of green or ScrOG is the only way to go!

Limited to 12 plants, a SOG isn't a choice for me at this time! However, growing nice big plants that produce big yields....I'm game! :)

Jericho said:
Hmm looks interesting, It cannot run them at 600w each, So there is going to be a loss of lumens somewhere.

You could be right, no idea....but the hydro guy said it would run 2 600's, which it likely will. I would wager there would be a slight loss in lumens too, but I can live with that as long as I am able to get the full benefit from the 2 lights!!

This is merely another upgrade in the very near future, I realized I threw my money away buying the 400w since it won't ever have a secondary when I do my upgrades and know that the 1000w with hood, bulbs and wiring adaptor won't be as big a waste since I can use most items later on anyway!

Roddy said:
Limited to 12 plants, a SOG isn't a choice for me at this time! However, growing nice big plants that produce big yields....I'm game! :)

In fact, the White Widow I am watching closely will be a big producer should it make it through, she's a nice 53" tall and 33" around with 20 spear-like colas coming from her multi-topped body! I wish I could post a pic, the camera isn't any good. If the WW is as big a producer as I think, she could make it to the half pound range...

Roddy said:
I think it's a preference thing... If I could get the nice big plants as quickly as a bunch of smaller clones, I'd much rather see the big girls pumping outdoor type yeilds!:) I'm impatient though, so I prefer your sea of green or ScrOG methods for time sake, but your 9+ ozer. is a beaut my friend! Not to mention the whole bit about growing medicinally, I too have back problems but my state is behind the times...:( Time would not be an issue if that weren't the case.I like how you're hiding behind that giant bud:rofl: CLASSIC!!! Did you have to stake any of that plant up!? any issues with breakage in this or other grows? Just curious mate!:)

Latest posts

Back