Hunt for Dank

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
nouvellechef said:
Will snap some next week. No way. 100% hot soil would fry them. I actually didn't have plain pro-mix this new round. So I used hot soil that has been cooking since x-mas last year. Rolled the dice thinking it might of died down a bit. It did, but it still fried the new seedlings a bit. I was hoping to already be in flower, but needed them to re-coup. I think the lime lost its effectiveness. They have been struggling. Won't make that mistake again. This is actually the last run for organic. The chosen ladies will stay in 8gal airpot and be momed out. I bleached down the old 12 site ebb and am gonna stock up on some new medz.

getting bored? why back to hydro?

Kushluvr said:
getting bored? why back to hydro?

Yes, a little. But need the quick veg time before summer hits. Need to bang out some stash grows. I tend to try and keep shelves full for variety. Been a lot of puffin the last 8 months. Took a break for awhile. I even broke into the AK47 stash from 09'. I rarely break out that. Medz are lethal. The 12 site ebb can throw down in yield dept in 11 weeks veg/flower.

nouvellechef said:
Yes, a little. But need the quick veg time before summer hits. Need to bang out some stash grows. I tend to try and keep shelves full for variety. Been a lot of puffin the last 8 months. Took a break for awhile. I even broke into the AK47 stash from 09'. I rarely break out that. Medz are lethal. The 12 site ebb can throw down in yield dept in 11 weeks veg/flower.

right on...yeah hydro is killer for that! ruuh rohhh shaggy.....diggin into the serious stash is a no no! I wish i could save herb for almost 3 years!! lol! my wife smokes more than me and she works full time! i just cut down a bunch of headband, bubba, chem vally kush, pineapple kush, and a few others...been smokin to much oil lately...ready for some tasty fruity herb!!

The Purple Wreck x Bluemoonshine smells like throw up. Very nasty. Better be some fire here. Got yelled at this am by the wife. We thought the kid had throw up somewhere on him. Smelled around him, not wet at all. Just brushed his teeth, so no. It was my hand. Never had a plant smell like puke before. Lol

I got the camera out. Will snap some pics later. They have really lushed up now that they hit the hot soil. Unducted both hoods now and am using the heat to keep a constant 78.

I got the 8x8 Gro-lab all set up. A really nice tent and square footprint. Has really nice zippers, multiple size duct ports. They can even come with a viewing window(IDK why). This will be the flowering home for awhile.

just from touching the leaves?

:icon_smile: :icon_smile: :watchplant: :watchplant: :watchplant: :48: :48: :48:

Kushluvr said:
just from touching the leaves?

:icon_smile: :icon_smile: :watchplant: :watchplant: :watchplant: :48: :48: :48:

Yes. In veg still at that. Smells terrible. I really do not like puke smell. This strain better be epic to be a long term keeper. I am not allowed back in the main house without a full shower now. Sigh. After taking a hiatus, I have been ansy and peeking in on them every night. I am a big mister fan. Tend to mist them down in veg.

is it helping with the RH prob too?

my girls have begun to bounce back now, this am they were showing good new growth!:D :D :D

Kushluvr said:
is it helping with the RH prob too?

my girls have begun to bounce back now, this am they were showing good new growth!:D :D :D

IDK. I prob just believe in my head it is. Lol. With the gale force winds in there, after I walk out their prob completely dryed out in minutes.

Glad to hear it. Get those photo session skills dialed in. When done right your gonna have some cover worthy shots. Let's be real. Nobody likes flushed, yellow, drooping plant pics.

nouvellechef said:
IDK. I prob just believe in my head it is. Lol. With the gale force winds in there, after I walk out their prob completely dryed out in minutes.

Glad to hear it. Get those photo session skills dialed in. When done right your gonna have some cover worthy shots. Let's be real. Nobody likes flushed, yellow, drooping plant pics.

LOL!:smoke1:

Im ready! bring it on! only bummer is i sent my canon slr to cali..im partial owner of an internet business and they wanted my camera for a shoot!:rolleyes: who knows when ill get it back...dont even think ill get it back next week when i roll down!

hey now. i like to change up grow styles indoors sometimes myself. just call it a break from one while i refine another.:)

the only strain i grew that smelled of puke was a tga tester that never made the cut. it started out smelling like a hot, sour garbage can, then finished smelling of puke. it was real nasty. blowed your doors off, if you could handle the smell. sub described it as cloves or nutmeg or some other spice, but i didnt get that.:rolleyes:

i've ran a few moonshine x's and never had a bad one yet. all fire. got two phenos of the purple wreck/bm almost finished, and took six week shots to update weekly journal, and camera wouldnt transfer pics, so will be out searching for another one tomorrow. the crosses are awesome. no puke.:hubba:

one is a perfect xmas tree with sweet fruity buds, and the other is real leafy little bush with the hardest rock buds i've ever grown. i'll be growing those in dwc this season soon.

i had a soil issue myself. my compost had worms eating the roots. took a minute to figure it out. i didnt actually bake it this round, instead i used a cutting torch thinking i'd save time. bad mistake, but i've since righted it. i baked the rest, then remixed, and put away in barn to run with my heaps in the spring. i broke down and had to buy happy frog for 20 a bag.(15gallons per bag). i've never used it, and was tripping when i seen all the uncomposted bark in it, so i hope no late issues with ph.

i'm sure you will change your mind when you get the pw/bm in flower. i'm real impressed so far.

i made a cross of sour d moonshine mom, crossed with a pure afghan male, and it is a true beauty. the bud smells like blueberry at this time. cannot wait to get her to the pipe.:)

merry xmas nchef family...peace...

That cross you made sounds good. I'd like to see some pics. of that if you get a chance. Take care Irish, be safe, and PEACE!!

Thanx all. These are 5.5 weeks from seed and photos taken just before they got the butchers twine and were tied down.

IMG_1684-1.JPG

IMG_1686.JPG

IMG_1690-1.JPG

IMG_1693.JPG

Lookin good NC. I hope to be back in the game after the first of the year.

How many plants per 8 gallon air-pot are you putting in there?

oh man, that old cheese cut I had smelt like puke in early flower but changed rather quickly thankfully. I hate having rank smelling plants like that.

I need to try that multiple plants per pot trick ! It goes against most things we have ever been taught, but i am game.
The SS seems pretty hot !!

mountain man said:
I need to try that multiple plants per pot trick ! It goes against most things we have ever been taught, but i am game.
The SS seems pretty hot !!

Not just plants. Strains! Now that really goes against what we hear. I am gonna flip here shortly. First run I am worried they might not have enough food for 4 to go the distance. Trial and error.

don't worry too much about it. everything i do is pretty 'unconventional' from the norm. it just jacks me up when i hear someone say ''that ain't the proper way to do things'', or ''that can't be done''. i just say, ''stick around, i'll show ya''...:)

do you have hard water? i do. i get rust spots from it, but don't worry over it. i stopped ph'ing long ago. just straight well water now...usually in summer its always 7. then in the winter it jumped to 8-8.5...we popped a new well, and its staying around 7 now...

those are some big air pots you have. do they hold water pretty good when you soak them? wait til you hit flower. lol. been thinking about simply hooking up a Y splitter off my washing machine hook up so i have a hose handy right in my grow room.:cool:

Irish said:
don't worry too much about it. everything i do is pretty 'unconventional' from the norm. it just jacks me up when i hear someone say ''that ain't the proper way to do things'', or ''that can't be done''. i just say, ''stick around, i'll show ya''...:)

do you have hard water? i do. i get rust spots from it, but don't worry over it. i stopped ph'ing long ago. just straight well water now...usually in summer its always 7. then in the winter it jumped to 8-8.5...we popped a new well, and its staying around 7 now...

those are some big air pots you have. do they hold water pretty good when you soak them? wait til you hit flower. lol. been thinking about simply hooking up a Y splitter off my washing machine hook up so i have a hose handy right in my grow room.:cool:

I go about 4-6 days now in veg in between waterings, with 4 in there. When they get moved to flower, they will be on a dripper from a 175gal tank. So far I reallylike the air pots. I get about 3% run off. I dug a well in the center, the roots wont grow into the light. Works perfect.

Latest posts

Back