I can't stop mainlining (Manifold first timer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
pappy when i run hydro, depending on the strain in veg I'm at around an EC of 2.0 and as i ramp up in flower i get to around an EC of 2.8 thats around week 4-5 and i hold that till i taper down around week seven to an EC of 1.5 then lastly to just water in weeks 8-9 as I let the plants use the last little bit of themselves up. Here is an EC conversion table, dunno if your TDS meter is a .5 or .7 thats why i stick to EC when doing hydro.

lol well you cannot take a starving person and sit them infront of a 4 course meal and expect them not to puke for days

This is just NOT sinking in, hahahaha
but I do appreciate the effort
:hitchair:
don't give up on me, something will stick sooner or later

pappy when i run hydro, depending on the strain in veg I'm at around an EC of 2.0 and as i ramp up in flower i get to around an EC of 2.8 thats around week 4-5 and i hold that till i taper down around week seven to an EC of 1.5 then lastly to just water in weeks 8-9 as I let the plants use the last little bit of themselves up. Here is an EC conversion table, dunno if your TDS meter is a .5 or .7 thats why i stick to EC when doing hydro.

Milwaukee MW 802 pH/EC/TDS

haha I just noticed the EC/TDS ms/cm button..... I haven't been using it
:hitchair:
guess I'd best read up on that, thanks K-man!

Now you nee3d to pay attention to the settings because that pen gives you the choice to measure in PPM(TDS) or in EC. The ms/cm button shouldn't come into use when measuring in TDS mode.

Now you nee3d to pay attention to the settings because that pen gives you the choice to measure in PPM(TDS) or in EC. The ms/cm button shouldn't come into use when measuring in TDS mode.

I have never used that button. I just stick the probe in the res and press pH and ppm alternately until it settles. I then have to put that cap on the probe and make it over to my clipboard to record the readings. I tried EC tonight. That third button really throws me, short term memory and all, it's hard to do it in one step.

Kraven is so far out of my league, it humours me that he still pops by so I havta try eh? but in the end, it's just another column on my sheet.
It's all Greek to me.
I jest, it's sinking in, I still think most of it is friggen' voodoo though

View attachment metre.JPG

IT'S TWINS !!!
This feminizing stuff is not natural I tells ya. I had 5 Dark angel seeds and this is ONE of them. Rapid rooter plug sitting in hydroton.
The rest are up too. I hate the title of this thread now and I can't change it so I'm starting a new thread (even though it's still mainlining)

View attachment twins.jpg

That figures, my EC reads 2.8 and my ppms are 220, I must have calibrated it wrong.

I calibrated pH 7 then ph 4 then ph 7 then stuck the probe in the envelope with a temp probe, calibrated the EC/TDS.
The readings are still off 2.8 which is at least 1400ppm and I read 170 ppm
:baby:

Yeah it sounds like something isn't calibrated right. I don't like the Milwaukee probes. They have always been a PITA for me. I like the Bluelab pens. I have a pH pen and a TDS pen, and I have NO trouble with them.

That is very interesting that you got twins from one seed. Unusual but not impossible.

I can't afford a new metre(s) unless I get results like yours, 4+ oz indeed, wow.
I'll have to assume my pH is right, it measures the test liquids okay and numbers make sense with city water.
I did a reset with the rapid growing amount numbers on the bottle and ph down to 5.8 and a whopping 1400 ppm ( so the metre sez)
I diluted to 1150 and pH is now 6.1,
strangely, the EC reading seems reasonable now, it reads 1.7

I know that's high and a big jump. I'm struggling with hitting the targets.
I'll do another change at 6.3 or if the tips show.

what is the process to calibrate the ec/ppm i have a bluelabs multi looks similar to yours but mine only requires calibration for ph

what is the process to calibrate the ec/ppm i have a bluelabs multi looks similar to yours but mine only requires calibration for ph

I dip the probe and a temp probe in an envelope of 'conductivity solution'. There's a chart with temps and readings on the envelope. You adjust the right knob. I pry it off (before removing probe) and cover the holes with tape. I kept thinking I was bumping the knobs in use.

HA! another variable, my temp probe could be off. I just adjusted them all relative to each other, how the hell do I know what the actual temperature is, damn hvac, it's as voodooey as growing.

weird i have 2 probes 1 is ppm/ec and temp and the other is external ph probe i plug into a port, and that is the only thing requiring calibration. sucks when you have to figure **** out wish i could lend a hand what is the make and model of your system?

weird i have 2 probes 1 is ppm/ec and temp and the other is external ph probe i plug into a port, and that is the only thing requiring calibration. sucks when you have to figure **** out wish i could lend a hand what is the make and model of your system?

Milwaukee MW 802 pH/EC/TDS
I just read you can use white vinegar to rinse probe between readings
I store mine in distilled.
EC readings made sense today, maybe I have mini-flashbacks or something when I'm looking at that readout.

I stuffed their faces last night and they ate, tips look fine...
so far

what is min water temp for DWC, mine dips to 60 overnight. okay ?

woah definitely not you dont want it falling below 68 imho i keep mine at 70 using a res heater but DWC is each bucket, you can try wrapping all your buckets with 6mil plastic to create an airzone, and then get a cheap ceramic heater from walmart and blow the heat into the plastic and it will heat all your buckets, i use one when lights are out, outside my tent i keep it 75, and inside my tent stays 70-73

woah definitely not you dont want it falling below 68 imho i keep mine at 70 using a res heater but DWC is each bucket, you can try wrapping all your buckets with 6mil plastic to create an airzone, and then get a cheap ceramic heater from walmart and blow the heat into the plastic and it will heat all your buckets, i use one when lights are out, outside my tent i keep it 75, and inside my tent stays 70-73

She's basking in a balmy 76 in there,
while the room dips to 70, it's just her roots dip that dip to 60
I don't want to heat that water dammit
but I can't find any minimums, 68 ! c'mon... 65 ?
heat to 70 ? NEVER, I've had pythium

You are OK as long as it doesn't go under 60f. Ideal temp is between 65-73 with 75 being an absolute high temp border. But if it falls not far below 60f for only a few hrs, it will slow the function of the plants some but not be harmful. If you can get it to 65f you will be ok if the room air temp is above 73f.

The best think I have found to keep your pH pen in is the storage solution for the Bluelab pens. It should be universal for use with other pens since the pH probe is the same on all of them. I put this solution to water at about 1:3 and fill a small glass measure cup and leave my pen in that when not in use. It has something in it that helps the probe stay calibrated far longer than anything else I have found. If you cant get that then if you have pH4.0 adjuster, you can pour some of that in a cup with water at 1:2 and it will work well. Just some info for you :)

That is weird,,never seen a double headed plant like that. Very cool. No topping for you,,its already done. I wonder if that plant put out seeds if they would do the same.
You sure ya didnt drop two seeds by mistake,cause I cant tell if both heads are coming from the same stalk?

That is weird,,never seen a double headed plant like that. Very cool. No topping for you,,its already done. I wonder if that plant put out seeds if they would do the same.
You sure ya didnt drop two seeds by mistake,cause I cant tell if both heads are coming from the same stalk?

I was thinking the same thing. And I'm always stoned there. I have my routine though and I only had 5 seeds, 5 rooters, tweezers, one at a time and the pattern is measure, hydroton pellet(s), seed, pellet(s).
I should be able to find two seed shells too. I'll take a closer look tonight.

Hey pappy, was popping to see how things were coming along....notice HP is here and he has a vast amount of knowledge. If anyone can help get you on track it will be him. Thanks HP, Pappy has the drive and the desire, he just has a few hiccups here and there, hopefully you can help get him running smoothly.

I got one of those twins from a fem papaya seed. I separated the two successfully but they didn't do that well. The smaller twin out grew the taller one by a lot. Feminized seed was all i could find for papaya.

Is your title ok now sopappy?

Latest posts

Back