THC Bomb grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bongofury

Need a light?
Reaction score
Hello everyone. :D I figured I would grow the same strain I grew my 1st grow cause I figured I knew how th strain reacted to feeding. Ya right.

I dropped 4 beans into organic seedling soil on Oct 1st. 4 out of 4 baby. On their 3rd or 4th tier or approx. 20 days later I transplanted into 1 gal. pots with FFHF and the recommended dose of Microzai "spelling". 2 plant started to nute burn quickly. The other 2 not so much. It must have been the "word" I can't spell cause thats the only thing I did different from my 1st grow.

I over watered the last 2 watering's. They like every 3 days not 2.

I figured I would post some pics and get some advice from the pros.

what is your soil ph, or the ph of the water you are using? stuff might be locked up/out. Its very hard to be consistent with anything organic as it is alive and has a mind of its own

Thanks for stopping by gooch. ph of the water is 7. ph of the run off is 6.5.

Is the new growth ok? Just the old growth icky? That is a technical term I use.

lol rosebud. The new growth is not icky. It seems to be ok.

That is what we care about, the new growth. I don't think mychorrazia (sp)will burn anything. Keep us posted. wonder what happened in this plants past...ha.. Glad you are here Bongo.

well from the pics even the new growth doesnt look uber healthy, but the ph seems to be in the right zone, what about over watering? are you waiting until the root mass is dry?

Yeah the Mychorrizae didn't do that. They are microbes that work with the plants in the soil. It may be however, that the soil had some higher chelated nutrients and burned them a bit. It does look like they are getting over it though. I personally recommend getting Advanced Nutrient's Mother Earth Super Nutrient tea to begin feeding them when you switch over to flowering. It is all organic nutrients that are mostly chelated and available to the plants. I use it and have great results with it. :)

If you are truly organic you don't need to test ph. I haven't ever needed to do that.

well from the pics even the new growth doesnt look uber healthy, but the ph seems to be in the right zone, what about over watering? are you waiting until the root mass is dry?

I did over water Gooch. I'm getting a feel for the plants water needs now. I'm keeping a close eye on them. This is day 3 without water. I'll check them later and take more pics. I'm still a rookie :icon_smile:

Yeah the Mychorrizae didn't do that. They are microbes that work with the plants in the soil. It may be however, that the soil had some higher chelated nutrients and burned them a bit. It does look like they are getting over it though. I personally recommend getting Advanced Nutrient's Mother Earth Super Nutrient tea to begin feeding them when you switch over to flowering. It is all organic nutrients that are mostly chelated and available to the plants. I use it and have great results with it. :)

I did not add any nutes Hushpuppy to the FFHF. I'll check out the tea brother. Thanks.

Could the humidity be a problem? It is in the 40' and 50's here so I have a small heater outside the tent adding heat. The temp is anywhere from 72 to maybe 78 but the humidity is 30 +-. Is that ok?

I did over water Gooch. I'm getting a feel for the plants water needs now. I'm keeping a close eye on them. This is day 3 without water. I'll check them later and take more pics. I'm still a rookie :icon_smile:
im a rookie myself, but with 22 years of reading lol do you have a soil meter to confirm the moistness at the roots? they are very cheap and can also tell you the ph of the soil. I am in hydro so i am ph everything sorry. Its the same for all plant though if the ph isnt correct the nutes will not be taken up. Hydro or organic

I did not add any nutes Hushpuppy to the FFHF. I'll check out the tea brother. Thanks.

Could the humidity be a problem? It is in the 40' and 50's here so I have a small heater outside the tent adding heat. The temp is anywhere from 72 to maybe 78 but the humidity is 30 +-. Is that ok?
I think you want the humidity in the 40-60% range 30 seems very dry

Gooch glad you are here! Reading is great, growing is even better. Trust me on the organics. no need to ph.

I checked the plants. They look worse today. The humidity was 29. I put open water pots in the tent for now. I'm off to Walmart to buy a humidifier if that don't raise the humidity.

The soil is still too wet after 3 days. The drain pan's still have moisture on them under the pot.

Could it be a combination of over water and low humidity?

Are they in plastic pots?
Can you get yourself some fabric pots? They do the wet/dry cycle really well.

Putting wet towels in the room will up the humidity.

Are they in plastic pots?
Can you get yourself some fabric pots? They do the wet/dry cycle really well.

Putting wet towels in the room will up the humidity.

Yes they are plastic. I'll try wet rags too.

BoF like a dummy I over watered my little ones, for some reason the soiless mix I'm using, BM-7 was holding a bit more moisture than normal, so I had to go ahead and up pot them in dry /moist soil to get them out of the wet soil they were in and let their feet dry out, remember the wettest part of the soil is at the bottom of the pot and that's where your roots try to go. You may need to do that, I don't see pH issues, I see more a drowning issue and the leaves are showing it. Just my two cents, I'm not there in person so it's best guess bro.

BoF like a dummy I over watered my little ones, for some reason the soiless mix I'm using, BM-7 was holding a bit more moisture than normal, so I had to go ahead and up pot them in dry /moist soil to get them out of the wet soil they were in and let their feet dry out, remember the wettest part of the soil is at the bottom of the pot and that's where your roots try to go. You may need to do that, I don't see pH issues, I see more a drowning issue and the leaves are showing it. Just my two cents, I'm not there in person so it's best guess bro.

Thanks Kraven. I put a humidifier in the tent and it upped the humidity to 57% so far.

I'll check them in the morning and get back with the info. Thanks everyone for your help.

Latest posts

Back