It’s a boy, and I want to save the pollen.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2RedEyes

Reaction score
So this is the first clear to me picture of a pollen sack, it’s in a grow box with a couple of girls and I have nowhere else to keep him. I’d like to harvest some pollen for later use so I’m wondering how long is it safe before I need to get him out and get his dust into storage. These balls are pretty small right now.

View attachment D792093F-B61A-4075-B82D-177C965AA6A7.jpeg

Those big ones will blow first, if you don't want pollination, i would move him now. I use parchment paper under the plant and catch all the male flowers and pollen. I shake the plant over it and then use a credit card to scoop it up and put in a sealed jar. make sure you get all the green male flowers out of the pollen. Then store in the jar. I don't cap mine until i have all those flowers out as i am afraid they hold moisture. I use tweezers to get them. They will bloom for 6 weeks, those boys. Ball mojo, ha i have never said ball mojo before.

IME if you dont want them girls knocked up, then HE needs to leave. Have you a friend he can house for a few weeks?. that pollen will get everywhere. I learned most from doing and seeing. Happy Collecting

:48:

If you use that pollen on a plant from a feminized seed, will you have a good chance of producing feminized seeds in that plant or does it not work that way??

If you use that pollen on a plant from a feminized seed, will you have a good chance of producing feminized seeds in that plant or does it not work that way??

No, it does not work that way.

Latest posts

Back