Sog

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steve55

Reaction score
ok Im doing my first SOG grow. what size pots should I use?:hubba:

small closet bout 22 inches deep by 39 inches wide by six foot high

Steve IMO i would steer away from a sog but look into scrog where you can make one plant into looking like 100 sorry you just don;t got the room for a SOG and when they got bigger you would run out of room here a SOG 80 plant grow lol and trust me even that was a night mare to water as they grew

!cid_1214002348.jpg

!cid_1106001909a.jpg

i agree with the good Dr. imo sea of green is strictly for maximizing output in a large scale grow

Do you mean in a small scale grow shortbus? Sog can increase yeild in any scale grow if you have the time to tend each plant, yet there are smarter ways to water than one might think in this case.

You can sog any space, but you have not asked the right questions for an answer.

Does he want one strain or Variety for med reasons? Is he limited on time? Do numbers matter? Would he (being a new grower) be able to run a screen and do it right if he did have the time to veg forever and keep the plant healthy to finish? If not it would be a waste...

Depends on your situation brother, get back to us and fill us in.

well i grew in a 3x3x6.5 box and i could get 6 2 gal grow bags iinto the box or 8 one gal grow bags or 16 64 oz cups . take a look at the 64 oz cuo grow you can do alot with lil

If your growing space is limited, use SOG method. Use light efficiently. This SOG method saves you money on buying seeds and can ensure the quality and gender of the young plants.

How can you say it saves you money more plants = more cost in soil , food and time i have done lots of SOG grows and not talking 20 - 30 plants either lol ,, its not a good way to utilize a grow like many think first off your really only growing for top bud so to think your going to gain more is so FALSE its not even funny most sog grows you only harvest top 1/4 of plant instead of all of plant so again big loss ALSO if a plant gets sick by disease being its so cramped in there all plants have a good chance of getting it before you would notice it trust me i have seen grows get totally destroyed by the time they saw mites it was to late ...

I always thought more plants would be bigger yields and its NOT true VEG times , light power dictate yields utilizing the light , training a plant to get not just one top.. but many is KEY to a huge harvest that i why so many top a plant to get 2 - 6 main colas well imagine a plant with 20+ main colas at a light source ??? that is the key and thats is why i went away from SOGS and striclty do SCROGS 4 plants per 1000 watt and getting 3.5 pounds DRY from 5 plants vegged 5 weeks from a clone massive training and pruning

:yeahthat:

I agree with Dr. Fever here. More plants does not mean more yield. In a space 22 x 39 closet, you could set up an outstanding scrog.

I did a SOG in a small closet using half gallon cardboard milk cartons and a six bulb t-5 cfl'.
I had 28 plants and started 12/12 lighting as soon as they were rooted well. They were about 5 inches tall. In 60 days I had 28 colas, dried weight 7 ounces. I imagine I could have produced more but was very happy with the results especially using such a small amount of power.

It can certainly be done on a smaller scale as you did and get nice results. It really depends totally on what you want to accomplish. I usually get around 20oz dry from doing 4 plants in scrog in a 4x4 tent. But that is using 2 600w HPS lights, carbon filter, exhaust fan and oscillating fans.

Latest posts

Back