Elvens first fogponics trial setup

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hydroton id say....and set the clones in the netcups with some roots hanging then fill gently with the hydroton.

trillions of atoms said:
hydroton id say....and set the clones in the netcups with some roots hanging then fill gently with the hydroton.

Exactly my thought. :D Now all I need is more plants :eek:

just make sure the level of the fog comes up to the rootzone- or else those roots will dry up quick.

hey man... I have tried that fogponic with my ultrasonic..even I uses the scoreboard (for bricking wall) to float and hold the ultrasonic.. IMO.. it does help roots to grow.. but SLOW!!!! growth.. then when my roots starts to grow bigger..and it did got in the way for ultrasonic to float around.. then the little disc in ultrasonic has burned the roots.. yes slow burn.. I have watched it carefully and tested it.. and it did killed one of my plant.. (3 days after root burn).. so I removed the fogger.. and filled up the water to the top, managed all my plant stems to stick the green part out to where the air is.. I use foams to hold these plants in the tubes.. it doing alot better and better results over fogponic so I'm stick with DWC (deep water culture) only needs nutes and air pumps/airstones.. simple... the advance of it.. its already feeded.. though oxygen/water/bubbles I have seen it roots sucks the bubbles!! it works very well and don't forget to control your water temp.. check the mass prod s link.. you will see what I meant.. I'm growing with no mediums!!

well if your growing in water- water is the medium...is it not?

eleven just keep it up man....goodluck.

trillions of atoms said:
just make sure the level of the fog comes up to the rootzone- or else those roots will dry up quick.

With the airstones in the fog comes all the way to the top, before I used Chernobyl level nutes I actually had a ton of growth. I think thats why I got Cocky :eek:,

Hey Pappa my unit has about 2 feet or so of "hanging room" before they even touch the water or ultrasonic agitator. This is just a test and since I have already spent all the money I figure might as well get some good solid data (GODS I LOVE SCIENCE). Thanks for your info it will totally help me with some thoughts I was having but unsure if they would be an issue.

And Trillions I think Pappa meant that he was not using rockwool or rapidrooter. I totally understood, but thanks for helping out :)

hey Elven whats up?lookin good so far.i also use hydroton.i recently bought the root riot cubes.i love them.you can use with soil or hydro.i even start my seeds in them now.and as soon as there are roots sticking out of the cube i gently put the cube into a 5.5in net pot with hydroton.the easiest way i've found so far.heres wishing you the best on your grow my friend.be well and safe

andy52 said:
hey Elven whats up?lookin good so far.i also use hydroton.i recently bought the root riot cubes.i love them.you can use with soil or hydro.i even start my seeds in them now.and as soon as there are roots sticking out of the cube i gently put the cube into a 5.5in net pot with hydroton.the easiest way i've found so far.heres wishing you the best on your grow my friend.be well and safe

Thats cool my cloner hangs the roots directly into the fog so i cant use any solid medium like that at all. I cant wait to try it out. Cloning is the main thing that fog is currently used for, from what I have read. I will be picking up next weekend (I HOPE) so look for me to kill more plants then :holysheep:

dont have that attitude bro- it IS trial and error....but the more more you grow, the more you know.

youll have some killer buds soon bro- NO WORRIES!

trillions of atoms said:
dont have that attitude bro- it IS trial and error....but the more more you grow, the more you know.

youll have some killer buds soon bro- NO WORRIES!

Totally agree man! I was just making sure, I have read alot of thread and issues seem to spring up from pretty tame posts. I cant wait to smoke my kids.

sweet... see for yourself.. I tried and I see the truth.. I think roots is happy under the water.. and will never dry out..

I has to use half inch tubes, and package foams (cutted) to hold the stems which is kinda of my medium.. and to me its a future way to grow.. I even grow it with my tomatoes.. they are doing good.. just that weather is getting cold (growls) let me grow some please!! go away cold air..

papabeach1 said:
sweet... see for yourself.. I tried and I see the truth.. I think roots is happy under the water.. and will never dry out..

I has to use half inch tubes, and package foams (cutted) to hold the stems which is kinda of my medium.. and to me its a future way to grow.. I even grow it with my tomatoes.. they are doing good.. just that weather is getting cold (growls) let me grow some please!! go away cold air..

Well its still about 90 or so here plenty hot. Actually 2 Damn hot!

Elven I did this a few years back as an experiment for clones and it works really well.

I ran into problems with salt buildup on the discs though; it cracked a couple of times. Just worked out to wipe the disc clean regularly and all was well.

Never contemplated a complete veg in this environment.

Only difference to your setup was I used a 45L Grated Crate with a dome overhead and a 45 litre Crate underneath.

Elven, look at it with a scientific mind, even if you do fail, you still succeed in pioneering. People tryin new stuff is how we got to hydro in the first place. "A plant without soil? Thats just crazy talk!"

And for cutting the netpot holes, a much easier method is to find a Hole Saw that is the 1/8" less than the size of a netpot. So if you use a 3" net pot, find a 2 7/8" Hole saw. They sell them at your local hardware store in the drillbit section. Just thought I'd throw this piece of advice in for anyone who needs to cut plant holes in something.

Fadeux said:
And for cutting the netpot holes, a much easier method is to find a Hole Saw that is the 1/8" less than the size of a netpot. So if you use a 3" net pot, find a 2 7/8" Hole saw. They sell them at your local hardware store in the drillbit section. Just thought I'd throw this piece of advice in for anyone who needs to cut plant holes in something.

I often wondered why people cut holes any other way.

smokingjoe said:
I often wondered why people cut holes any other way.

If you had asked me about hole saws a year ago, I would've looked at you like you had two heads. I'm really not familiar with any tool my father didn't own. He never had a hole saw. I swear, I was like a kid in a candy store the first time I went into Lowe's Hardware section with building a grow op on my mind.

My dad built an aeroplane under our house; we had every kind of tool imaginable and some you would never have even dreamed of.

smokingjoe said:
My dad built an aeroplane under our house; we had every kind of tool imaginable and some you would never have even dreamed of.

Screw your dad's Aeroplane, some of us are trying to get high by another means... :)

Well Thanks alot for the advice guys, I found out why everything was dying. The nutes I was using had a bad print of the feeding schedule so it ended up that I was Nitrogen poisoning my babies. That explains alot, I thought I was loosing my mind. As for the salt buildup the nutes that I am using dont use salts like alot of the others, they uses Amino Acid so there isnt buildup. I will be pickup up MORE babies to try again this weekend, so make sure you guys are ready to see this work. I wont fail again, I hope :D. The hole saw is a great idea the only reason I didnt get one is that the store in my area only sells the big ones in a kit and the kit was 200 bucks. SCREW THAT!

I guess my only question left is "Aeroplane under the house?" how exactly does that work?

Latest posts

Back